With Easter drawing near, it’s time to dye the Easter eggs, break out the chocolate bunnies, and serve up a feast. Many of us have our favorite foods around this holiday: an appetizer of deviled eggs to begin with, perhaps, followed by a main course of ham with a side of asparagus covered in hollandaise sauce ... all served with a heaping portion of potatoes au gratin. Oh, and we mustn’t forget a dessert like pineapple upside-down cake. Yum!
...that is unless you are a vegan, or making any attempt to control your intake of meaty and sugary foods.
But where there’s a will there’s a way, or so the saying goes.
We’ve compiled a list of our favorite recipes and resources gleaned from the web this season that make it perfectly possible to host your very own Vegan Easter celebration!
- An Egg Free Easter? Introducing Egg-Nots via About.com
- The Dairy-Free Chocolate Easter Bunny (and More!) Round-Up via GoDairyFree
- Deviled Tomatoes via Vegkitchen
- Mushroom Roast via KeepinItKind
- Potato Fennel Gratin via Native Foods
- Vegan Hollandaise Sauce via WholeFoodsMarket
- Rhubarb Upside Down Cake via The Tolerant Vegan
Read all articles by Juniper Briggs