Strawberry season is in full swing in the West, and will soon be upon those of us who live on the east coast. Nothing tastes more divine than a salad brimming with fresh local strawberries. With an arugula base and an endless array of options, this simple salad recipe is an homage to all things wonderful about the spring. Plus, we can all appreciate directions no longer than an eight word sentence!
- Fresh Arugula leaves – washed
- Fresh Strawberries – washed, hulled and cut into quarters or halves
- Extra virgin olive oil – about ½ to 1 Tablespoon
- Balsamic vinegar – about ½ to 1 Tablespoon
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
If you'd like to make it more "fancy," add the following:
- A little goat cheese – crumbled
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Organic cooked edamame
- Lightly toasted almonds
Toss together in a salad bowl and enjoy.
Health & Wellness Be Well Kitchen: Arugula and Strawberry Salad Recipe via Dr. Frank Lipman