There are many causes of back pain. For the vast majority of people, if not because of a fractured spine, it might be because of overworked muscles.
According to the University of Maryland, more than 1 million workers suffer from back injuries per year, and 1 out 5 of these come from the workplace.
Moreover, the common cause of these injuries is manual labor. So, the question is, can back braces help you relieve acute and chronic pain?
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Top 7 Back Support Belt (for Sciatica, Work, Lower Back Pain, etc)
- 1) Best for Chronic Back Pain: Ober TLSO Back Brace
- 2) Best Posture Corrector: Guard Support Adjustable Back Brace
- 3) Best for Tight Budget: Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace
- 4) Best for Weightlifters: Braceability Work Back Brace
- 5) Best for Lower Back Pain: NeoMedinaTech Lumbar Support Black Belt
- 6) Best Back Brace for Sciatica: King of Kings Lumbar Support Belt
- 7) Best Lightweight: BaxMAX Lumbar Support Belt
- Natural Pain Relief for Spinal Injuries
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At a Glance
Top 7 Back Support Belt (for Sciatica, Work, Lower Back Pain, etc)
The first on the list of the best back braces is the Ober TLSO Back Brace. If you are looking for a back brace for your chronic back pain, you might want to consider it.
This back brace is manufactured by the company Ober Health, and this company has been in the rehabilitation industry since 2011.
According to the company, aside from helping you provide effective pain relief to chronic back pain, this back brace is also useful for the following injuries:
- Compression fractures
- Upper spine injuries
- Herniated discs in the thoracic and lumbar spine
- Spinal stenosis
Moreover, the Ober TLSO Back Brace is one of the products you can use when walking, working, or driving. However, it can only be used for light sports.
Generally, this back brace works by stabilizing the spine.
It helps you obtain a proper posture and prevents further injury. It can also manage and relieve pain in the neck and shoulder.
As it immobilizes your spine, it also reduces muscle strains, inflammation, and overall back pain.
One great thing about it is that it is made with an easy tightening pulley system and adjustable lumbar pad.
You can adjust the lumbar pad depending on your level of comfort, allowing you to provide additional support to the abdominal area as well.
Furthermore, the Ober TLSO Back Brace is made from high-quality materials such as breathable fabric so that the back plastic stays at your back with extra stability.
Take note that although this back brace is adjustable, you must choose the right size for your body. It comes in three sizes: small, medium, and large.
Lastly, there is a specific cycle of usage for this product.
In the first week, called the vertebral adaptation period, you must make sure that the back brace is not too fit or too loose.
In the second week, you should adjust the tightness slightly, and for the third week, you must wear the Ober TLSO Back Brace every 2 hours.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Can relieve pain conditions and promotes faster healing.
- The company offers a 100% 30-day money-back guarantee and offers a 5% discount on your first purchase.
- According to some reviews, some users had a hard time figuring out how to wear the back brace but overall, it fits perfectly to all body shapes.
If you are looking for a back brace to help you improve your bad posture, the best back brace for you might be the Guard Support Adjustable Back Brace.
This back brace is manufactured by the company FlexGuard Support.
According to the company, the Guard Support Adjustable Back Brace provides adjustable compression to the shoulder and pain relief to the following injuries:
- Alignment-related neck pain
- Slumped shoulders
- Herniated discs
Generally, this back brace works by pulling back your shoulder to improve your spinal alignment, leading to posture improvement with regular use.
With regards to how this back brace was manufactured, the Guard Support Adjustable Back Brace is made from neoprene, lightweight, and breathable materials to keep your body comfortable while giving firm support to your spine.
This product is available in 4 sizes and all of these can surely provide less pain to your back muscles and injuries.
- Suitable for muscle tension and can be used for long periods.
- This back pain brace promotes natural alignment of the spine.
- Includes posture guide and other health tips on how to manage your pain conditions.
- According to some users, the brace support belt is wide.
If you are on a tight budget and you still want to give your body comfortable support from back braces, you might want to consider the Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace.
This medical-grade back brace brand is manufactured by the company Mueller and according to the company, this product works by providing customized support and compression to the lower spine.
Most doctors prescribe this lumbar back brace because it comes with a removable lumbar pad and this removable lumbar pad is designed to give support to the lumbar area or lower spine of both men and women.
Moreover, this back support brace promotes stability and limits unwanted back movements to prevent further injuries.
It is made with a double layer design with breathable materials for extra support even when worn for longer periods.
Aside from the removable pad, it comes with easy-grip handles and flexible steel supports to give you extra compression and stability even when you wear it for long periods.
- Provides pain relief from sore muscles due to strenuous activities.
- Eliminates brace rolling or bunching.
- Comes with elastic tension velcro straps.
- Although the Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace is effective to relieve lower back pain, according to some reviews, the product is not returnable.
If you are an athlete or a weightlifter and you want to look for back braces that can help you do your athletic sports, you might want to give the product Braceability Work Back Brace a try.
This product is manufactured by the company BraceAbility.
This company has been in the physical rehabilitation industry since 2011.
According to the company, the Braceability Work Back Brace is most suitable for lower back pain. It is designed with double-pull tension straps and a flexible posterior.
For these reasons, those who do heavy lifting, construction, and moving and warehouse workers can enjoy this product.
The Braceability Work Back Brace comes with removable suspender straps.
It is made with four plastic stays, breathable, flexible, and soft materials. Additionally, the suspended straps are adjustable
Generally, this flexible brace works by encouraging proper lifting techniques and helping you develop a better back posture.
- Breathable and low-profile fit.
- Suitable for industrial use.
- Suspenders are detachable.
- Provides vertical support both to the abdominal and lumbar area.
- According to some reviews, this lower back support brace is truly the best back brace. Its major flaw is only about its suspenders. Some users report that they need something to keep the suspenders intact.
The next product on the list of the best back braces is NeoMedinaTech Lumbar Support Black Belt.
This product is manufactured by the company NeoMedinaTech LLC.
According to the company, this back support brace is most suitable for lower back pain but it can also be used for the following:
- Posture corrector
- Pain relief from arthritis
- Slipped disc
- Spinal stenosis
Additionally, wearing a back brace like this one can help you prevent further injury as it can provide support to the abdomen, spine, and lower back.
One great thing about this product is that it is made from high-quality materials such as neoprene, nylon, elastic cotton, and velcro. It is a flexible and easy to wash abdomen and back support.
- When you buy this product, you will get an Ebook called “Learn to Heal Through Magnetic Therapy”.
- Safe and easy to use for at-home physical therapy.
- Improves blood circulation and provides immediate relief.
- According to some reviews, the company offers no return policy.
Moving on, there is also the best back brace for those who are suffering from sciatica.
This back brace is named King of Kings Lumbar Support Belt and this product is manufactured by the company Koksport.
According to one of the peer-reviewed studies in the USA, the annual incidence report rate of sciatica is between 1%-5% and one of the ways to speed the recovery from this condition is by wearing a back brace.
This lumbar brace is also designed with a pulley system. Its waist straps are adjustable and can also be used for the following injuries:
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated disc
- Lumbar muscle strain
- Lumbar spondylolisthesis
- Lumbar post-surgery
- Other lumbar diseases
According to the company, this back brace works by providing muscle strain relief to the lower back and limiting waist movement. It is most suitable for the following groups of people:
- Office workers
- Heavy manual laborers
- Bus drivers and chauffeurs
According to some reviews, bikers truly love this product. It gives them comfort while on a long ride.
One great thing about this product is that it is easy to wash. It is made from breathable fabric. It is also non-neoprene and non-elastic.
Although the company offers no money-back guarantee, when you buy this product, you will be given a 5% discount.
- Effective lower back brace for most sports.
- Waist straps are adjustable.
- Easy to clean.
- According to some reviews, this product is not suitable for small frames and short torsos.
The last on the list of the best back braces is the BaxMAX Lumbar Support Belt.
This is the best lightweight back support brace and it is manufactured by the company Cybertech Medical.
Aside from being lightweight, this product is made from a breathable mesh, and according to the company, this product can provide immediate relief to lower back pain.
Moreover, this product is made from a compound pulley system to help patients achieve optimal support while at rest or doing activities outdoors.
Because of its high-quality materials, this product allows for sweat-free and natural movement. It works by stabilizing core muscles, waist, and hips, and it helps you achieve correct posture in whatever you do.
Aside from lower back pain, it can also be used for the following injuries:
- Herniated disc
- Spinal stenosis
- Lumbar muscle strain
- Lumbar spondylolisthesis
- Acute lumbar disc herniation
- Acute lumbar muscle sprain
According to a study in Ontario, back belts are not only for injured individuals but also used for injury prevention.
Furthermore, take note that this back brace is not bulky compared to other standard back braces. Other materials used for this product include Kevlar core and high-density nylon.
- Made with breathable mesh and lightweight design.
- Doctor-approved natural back pain reliever.
- Easy to adjust.
- According to some users, although it provides amazing comfort, the product is not that wide and it needs a little more padding.
Natural Pain Relief for Spinal Injuries
Aside from back braces, you can also consider some natural pain relief for back pains. But take note that the use of back braces is still highly recommended to speed up the recovery.
Usually, cold therapy will be done. But, aside from cold therapy, some of the natural remedies for back pains include:
- Consider anti-inflammatory drinks. These are herbal drinks that you can add to your daily diet. Some of these include turmeric, tart cherry juice, and ginger-green tea.
- Get some quality sleep. To do this, you might want to consider melatonin supplements.
- Avoid prolonged static posture, check your posture, and consider rotating activities.
- Try mindful meditation and yoga practices. You can also do some stretching before doing an exercise.
In case you feel any back pain, give yourself some rest. Do not overuse your muscles and always listen to your body.
Indeed, back braces are effective physical therapy products to support the upper and lower body. They not only provide pain relief from chronic to severe cases of a back injury but also prevent re-injury.
Since there are many back braces available in the market, you must know which of these back braces is most suitable for your condition.
If you are looking for a back brace for chronic back pain, you can try Ober TLSO Back Brace. On the other hand, if you want to target your lower back pain and sciatica, you can consider NeoMedinaTech Lumbar Support Black Belt and King of Kings Lumbar Support Belt, respectively.
Moreover, if you are on a tight budget, the Mueller Lumbar Support Back Brace is one of the best options. Lastly, if you want a lightweight back brace, choosing the BaxMAX Lumbar Support Belt would be a smart move.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the types of back braces?
There are different types of back braces. Some of these include flexible and soft braces, rigid braces, semi-rigid braces, and braces with rigid panels.
How long should I wear a back brace?
Back braces are supposedly worn 24 hours. However, this may change depending on the instruction of your medical doctor or physical therapist. Keep in mind that a healthcare professional is the only one who can provide professional medical advice about what is the best lumbar brace for you and how long you should wear it.
Can I sleep while wearing a back brace?
Generally, it is safe to wear a back brace at night. Many back braces are designed to be worn at bedtime. These back braces work by stabilizing your spinal column and limiting your movement.