Have you ever felt some pain, tingling, and numbness in the parts of your hand? If so, you might be experiencing carpal tunnel syndrome.
According to the American Family Physician, carpal tunnel syndrome has a prevalence rate of 50 per 1000 subjects per year, and this is caused by too much pressure on the median nerve.
Although academic research institutions state that the symptoms disappear on their own, they may still come again.
Additionally, when the pain is severe, wearing a wrist brace might be needed. In this article, you will find the best carpal tunnel brace that will suit your health needs.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- The Top 9 Best Wrist Braces for Carpal Tunnel
- 1) Best Overall: Ober Wrist Brace for Carpal Tunnel
- 2) Best Latex-Free Carpal Tunnel Brace: MUELLER Green Fitted Wrist Brace
- 3) Best Budget-Friendly: Wellgate PerfectFit Wrist Brace
- 4) Best for Workout: BraceUP Adjustable Wrist Wraps
- 5) Best Compression Sleeve for Wrist Pain: Armstrong Amerika Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace Night Support
- 6) Best for Night Use: BraceOwl Night Time Wrist Support
- 7) Best Gentle Pressure Wrist Brace: ComfyBrace Wrist Brace
- 8) Best with Gel Pack: Featol Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace
- 9) Best Lightweight: Vive Wrist Brace
- How to Prevent Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Final Thoughts
At a Glance
The Top 9 Best Wrist Braces for Carpal Tunnel
The first on the list of the best carpal tunnel brace is the product Ober Wrist Brace.
This product is manufactured by the company Ober Health and this company has been in the rehabilitation market since 2011.
With regards to the Ober Wrist Brace for Carpal Tunnel, according to the company, this one is perfect for those who are looking for carpal support with splints.
This product is lightweight and breathable. It also comes with three adjustable straps, allowing you to find the fit you need.
Moreover, the velcro straps are located differently – one in the lower arm, one in the middle arm, and one for the thumb finger.
Furthermore, this one of the fingerless gloves is perfect for the following carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms:
According to a medically-reviewed study in the United Kingdom, patients with carpal tunnel syndrome tend to become clumsy and drop things easily.
One great thing about this best carpal tunnel brace is that patients who usually drop things may help them improve their grasp and mobility.
Generally, this product works by providing compression and helping you improve your blood circulation.
- Made with an ergonomic design with an aluminum bar.
- Provides strong protection and more support to the hand, keeping the wrist in a neutral position.
- Comes with three rigid metal supports to provide such placement.
- This best carpal tunnel brace retains therapeutic heat while giving you all-around hand and carpal support.
- The company offers a 100% money-back guarantee in case of dissatisfaction or shipping issues.
- In terms of procurement, the company offers a 5% discount and free shipping on all wrist braces.
- When buying the Ober Wrist Brace for Carpal Tunnel, you must take note of your size as it comes with small, medium, and large sizes. Also, you must choose the right style because the product is not a one-size-fits-all one.
The next on the list of the best carpal tunnel braces is the MUELLER Green Fitted Wrist Brace.
This product is manufactured by the company Mueller Sports Medicine, Inc. and this company has been in sports medicine since 1959.
Having served the people for decades, the company received thousands of positive reviews from its customers.
Moreover, aside from managing carpal tunnel syndrome, the MUELLER Green Fitted Wrist Brace is also perfect for tennis elbow and the following acute and chronic injuries:
- Post-operative irritation
- Post-traumatic irritation
- Thumb orthosis
- Saddle and first MCP
- Skier’s thumb
- Gamekeeper’s thumb
According to the company, the MUELLER Green Fitted Brace works by relieving the pain and swelling of the hand caused by carpal tunnel syndrome.
It supports the injured hand while allowing your fingers to move in a wide range of motion.
When it comes to how the product was made, the MUELLER Fitted Wrist Brace is made from lightweight fabric and breathable materials. The company used latex-free materials as well.
According to a randomized controlled study in Italy, it was reported that soft-based hand braces induce more functional benefits in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Comes with two adjustable straps with hook and loop closure.
- Made with soft and durable fabric with non-petroleum-based materials.
- Provides all-day wear contoured support and night functionality.
- This soft hand brace is easy to use.
- According to some reviews, users were not able to find washing instructions.
- Some users also report that sometimes, they can feel scratches above their forearms.
If you are on a tight budget and you want to experience the many benefits of wrist braces, you might want to consider the product Wellgate PerfectFit Wrist Brace.
Based on personal experience, this product is an effective wrist brace and a truly durable one. It is easy to clean and it looks aesthetic.
Also, it fits most women’s hands because it follows the normal U shape of the hand.
Aside from carpal tunnel syndrome, it can also be used for tendonitis and other wrist strains. It comes with Advanced Support Technology to help you relieve sore and aching wrist.
Moreover, because this is a memory foam brace, it can be used any time of the day. It contains a breathable fabric to provide overall support for your hand wrist while playing sports!
According to the company, the Wellgate PerfectFit Wrist Brace is suitable for general rehabilitation.
- Comes with a breathable material and adjustable velcro straps.
- Easy to use and easy to adjust.
- Prevents gaffing and chaffing.
- Comes with an open finger design to provide an optimum range of motion for the fingers.
- According to some reviews, some users experienced itchiness after using the product for a long period.
If you are looking for easy-to-use adjustable wrist wraps for your workout, you might want to consider BraceUp Adjustable Wrist Wraps.
This product is suitable for active individuals, with or without carpal tunnel syndrome. Many tennis and golf players enjoy the use of this product as it helps them prevent and reduce hand and wrist pain.
According to the company, aside from carpal tunnel syndrome, this product is suitable for tendonitis, ganglion cyst, and arthritis.
Generally, this product works by providing maximum support to injured hands and preventing re-injury.
Furthermore, it is made from neoprene-blend materials to help you improve blood flow throughout the carpus or carpal, and it is almost similar to hand-free braces like the brand Brace RCA.
To use this product, all you have to do is to insert your thumb into the loop and wrap the product around your hand.
Also, the lining is made from a breathable material to keep your hand and carpal fresh and dry while doing your errands.
- Easy to use and remove because of the thumb-loop design.
- Support both left and right wrists.
- Perfect for everyday use.
- The product comes with no wrist splints. Some users might not appreciate this while others who are looking for moderate support would love it.
If you are looking for carpal support with a compression sleeve, you might want to try the Armstrong Amerika Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace Night Support.
This product is manufactured by the company Armstrong Amerika and this company has been in the rehabilitation industry since 2015.
According to the founders of the company, their goal is to help people get back to the activities they love to do.
Anyway, this product works by providing stabilization to the hand and carpus even when asleep. It reduces ulnar nerve pain and compresses the carpal joints.
Aside from carpal tunnel syndrome, it is also suitable for the following injuries:
- Cubital tunnel
- Overuse strains
- Broken arm, thumb, or hand
Take note that this product can also protect the existing sprained wrist and prevent re-injury.
With regards to the materials used, the Armstrong Amerika Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace Night Support is made from latex-free, comfortable, and breathable materials.
It comes with a removal metal splint with a hook and loop fasteners or closure.
- Stabilizes wrists and hands and keeps them in a neutral position,
- Speeds up the recovery process in case of injury.
- Provides comfort even when sleeping.
- Comes with a removable metal spoon.
- Some users report sturdiness issues with this product.
Moving on, if you are looking for carpal support for night use, you might want to take a look at the BraceOwl Night Time Wrist Support., a product manufactured by the company BraceOwl.
According to the company, the BraceOwl Night Time Wrist Support works by giving you controlled compression while you are asleep.
Many wrist braces like the Copper Compression Arthritis gloves infused with copper lining provide support but the ergonomic design of BraceOwl Night Time Wrist Support gives protection to your wrist during the day and night.
Moreover, this night brace also comes with a removable metal splint to help you improve the blood circulation in your wrist.
BraceOwl Night Time Wrist Support is made from cotton, nylon, and neoprene fabric.
These materials are latex-free, breathable, and lightweight so that you can experience quality sleep.
Also, this product contains cushioned beads that massage your palm area, leading to the reduction of soreness or pain.
One great thing about this product is that one brace is already suitable for both hands. Its unique design with spacious thumb openings and stretchy inner fabric gives you more comfort.
- Maintains and stabilizes the wrist in a neutral hand position.
- Provides the right level of wrist compression.
- Reduces wrist inflammation in two days.
- The company offers a 100% money-back guarantee in case of shipping issues or dissatisfaction from orders made from different servers located in the country.
- According to some users, the BraceOwl Night Time Wrist Support does not give tight support. This is only for those who are looking for a less restricting brace.
If you are looking for a carpal tunnel brace that can give you gentle pressure on the median nerve – not too tight and too loose, you might want to consider the ComfyBrace Wrist Brace.
This product is manufactured by the company Comfy Brace and this company has been in the rehabilitation industry since 2018.
Moreover, the ComfyBrace Wrist Brace provides extra support and compression to your wrist. It is a fitted brace that can be used for carpal tunnel pain, tendonitis, and arthritis.
According to the company, this product provides customizable support during the day and night.
- Comes with an ergonomic design with a removable wrist splint.
- Provides instant relief to the palmar surface.
- Comes with cushioned beads and correctly-placed straps.
- Super breathable and usable for different motor tasks.
- According to some users, the ComfyBrace Wrist Brace is poorly sewn, making it only usable at night.
If you are looking for the best wrist brace that comes with hot or cold therapy, you might want to try Featol Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace.
This product also comes with a removable metal splint in case you want to give your hand some more movements.
According to the company, this product is most suitable for those with sprained wrists because the hot and cold gel pack could help you instantly reduce the swelling.
Moreover, this product was carefully made to protect not just your hand and wrist but also your skin.
It is designed to increase the flow of blood in your wrist during the day and night.
- Easy to put and remove.
- Made from breathable, comfortable, and soft materials.
- Contains three straps to regulate the pressure on your median nerve.
- The company offers a 100% money-back guarantee in case of shipping issues or dissatisfaction.
- The gel packs are non-toxic and filled in a leak-proof, flexible plastic.
- May cause burning in case the gel pack is extremely hot or cold.
The last on the list of the best carpal tunnel braces based on strict sourcing guidelines is the product Vive Wrist Brace.
This product is manufactured by the company Vive Health, and although there are many lightweight wrist braces, according to the company, this product is the most lightweight one.
The Vive Wrist Brace works by stabilizing and supporting the wrist while reducing the development of carpal tunnel syndrome pain and inflammation.
This product also helps you prevent re-injury.
Furthermore, this non-slip support helps you retain therapeutic heat and promotes speedy healing.
It is made with two adjustable straps and a removable wrist splint to help you get adequate wrist support.
- Prevents slipping or bunching.
- The product is not too bulky and is made with breathable neoprene.
- The company offers a 100% 60-day money-back guarantee.
- According to some users, washing the product causes misalignment of the materials.
How to Prevent Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The use of a carpal tunnel brace may cost a little money. Thus, preventing the development of carpal tunnel syndrome is way better than experiencing physical and financial pain.
Below are some of the tips you may consider if you do not want to experience developing carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Keep your wrists straight when sleeping or using tools, devices, or instruments.
- Avoid curling your wrists repeatedly.
- Perform stretching exercises before activities.
- Consider carpal braces or hand braces when pain occurs.
Based on different peer-reviewed studies, another thing you can do is to rest.
If you are doing repetitive activities, when you feel that your hand is in pain, give some time for it to take a break.
Indeed, carpal tunnel braces are effective not just for that syndrome but for other hand and wrist injuries.
Since there are many wrist braces in the market, you must know which of these will suit your medical conditions.
If you are looking for a brace with a wrist splint, you can try the Ober Wrist Brace for Carpal Tunnel.
On the other hand, if you want one with a compression sleeve, the Armstrong Amerika Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace Night Support is highly recommended.
But if you are on a tight budget, the Wellgate PerfectFit Wrist Brace is worth the try.
If you are using a wrist brace for a workout, the BraceUP Adjustable Wrist Wraps can be included in your options, but if you want one for night use, you might want to take a look at the BraceOwl Night Time Wrist Support.