Did you know that experts say eating breakfast actually aids in weight loss – that it stops you snacking during the day?
Many of us find that hard to believe.
We know that come morning tea at the office, even if we’ve had breakfast, we are ravenous already and dreaming of pizza and fries and whatnot.
These same experts say that when you eat breakfast, you improve your body’s ability to burn fat even .
They also say you reduce your risk of developing heart disease and type-2 diabetes.
The problem, though, is what you are having for breakfast.
One thing you might well be missing out on when it comes to breakfast and that is protein.
It’s protein that ‘protects’ you through the day.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Traditional cold cereals are marketed as being a healthy way to start your day
- At a Glance
- Top 10 Athlete-Approved High-Protein Cereals of 2022
- 1) Transparent Labs Uncut Protein
- 2) HighKey Low Carb Keto Cereal
- 3) Kashi GO Breakfast Cereal
- 4) Bob’s Red Mill Bran Hot Cereal
- 5) Bariwise Protein Cereal
- 6) Magic Spoon Cereal
- 7) Three Wishes Cereal
- 8) Snacks House Keto Cereal
- 9) Post Premier Protein Mixed Berry Almond Cereal
- 10) ProtiDiet High Protein Honey Nut Soy’ Cereal
Protein plays a healthy role in breakfast
But, you might argue, you don’t go to the gym to work out – you are merely going to work.
So why is it important to have a high-protein breakfast?
Well, if you want to keep your weight lean and mean, then protein is what will keep you fuller for longer.
Then you won’t be ordering takeaways so early in the day!
Protein is the macronutrient of choice if you want to repair and build muscle mass.
But it is vital in your life if you want to feel full and stay full.
The amount of protein you eat on a daily basis depends on your lifestyle, weight, and gender .
Traditional cold cereals are marketed as being a healthy way to start your day
Your favorite cereal has plenty of added sugar. It is debatable whether they have any protein in them.
They also contain additives and wheat-based grains.
Adverts for traditional cold cereals will tell you that when you eat these wheat flakes, you are set for the day.
Whole wheat flakes are high-fiber cereal loved for their crunchy feel and provide important dietary benefits.
You have taken in all the nutrition you need to keep your brain focused and alert!
Fortunately, some manufacturers decided to make a truly nutritious, protein cereal – and we are going to list the some of the best of the best 10
“Cereal manufacturers are starting to look at protein fortification as a way of revitalizing the sector.”
That’s what Gil Bakal, managing director of A&B Ingredients says.
When protein is added to cereal, it impacts both its texture and taste.
Cereal manufacturers are developing a protein cereal that has a great texture for consumption whether you have it with milk or not.
They have discovered that a huge amount of consumers eat their cereal straight out of the box or on the go – at their desk; riding in their car.
But they have realized that processed sugar is detrimental to the waistline and to protein cereal absorption.
Processed sugar is very bad for blood sugar levels and overall health.
Your risk for diabetes increases, you gain weight, and there are just simply other negative impacts on your health.
And worse, because these sugary cereals contain cheap, wheat-based carbs, those who eat them are left feeling ravenous after just a short space of time.
This causes them to eat more than they should.
Can you see why high protein cereal is becoming the rage for a good, right breakfast?
At a Glance
Top 10 Athlete-Approved High-Protein Cereals of 2022
Uncut Protein is the number one cereal for supporting anybody who wants to experience weight loss or build muscle mass.
- Its grain-free.
- It has no added sugars or artificial sweeteners. They use monk fruit extract, allulose, and stevia, a natural sugar found in certain fruits.
- It’s also gluten-free and soy-free.
- It has fat, but they are the healthy fats from medium-chain triglycerides.
- It has no artificial preservatives .
- There are no artificial colorings.
- This cereal contains 20 g of protein per serving.
- One con for some users is that Uncut Protein is not vegan-friendly. This is due to the milk protein concentration being present.
- There are two flavors to choose from – Cocoa and Fruity Splash.
- Also, Uncut Protein cereal is also not strictly keto-friendly. This is the cereal contains 25g of carbs that are derived from rice in each serving.
The two main ingredients are:
1) Milk protein concentrate
The milk protein concentrate has whey and casein in it to provide slow and fast digestion.
2) Medium-chain triglycerides
MCTs are known for the rapid breakdown of food in the small intestine. Actually, studies find that MCT provides a boost in energy levels as well as metabolism.
It’s an ideal way to start your day.
Bodybuilders and athletes will tell you that they don’t only have this for breakfast but they end their day with this as well!
It can support overall health because there are no unnecessary additives and chemicals added.
Transparent Labs has tried to eliminate virtually all sugar, cheap carbs, and chemicals that are so often found in other cereals.
Now you can enjoy a protein-packed, low-carb breakfast cereal that is delicious, but nutritious too.
Nutritional Value in Uncut Protein cereal (one-and-quarter-cup)
- Calories: 180 in Cocoa and 190 in Fruity Splash
- Total Fat: 10 g in Cocoa and 11 g in Fruity Splash
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Carbohydrates: 26 g in Cocoa and 25 g in Fruity Splash
- Total Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Small amounts of calcium, iron, and potassium are included.
High Key is a diet-friendly and delicious protein cereal.
Dieters feel that they aren’t missing out on the chocolate puffs they loved so much – now they can have them, but they are packed with protein!
- No artificial ingredients.
- No added sugars.
- 10 g of protein per serving .
- Ideal as a post-workout meal, a dessert snack, or a midday pick-me-up.
- Fewer than 100 calories per serving.
- Made with clean ingredients, aiding in weight loss goals.
- Made with whole grains and healthy fats.
- Has zero artificial sweeteners.
- Ideal for Paleo, keto, low carb, gluten-free, high protein diets.
- One negative is it might be quite an expensive cereal.
You will love the delicious flavors of vanilla-frosted cinnamon crisp rolls every time you put a spoon of Kashi GO Cinnamon Vanilla breakfast cereal into your mouth.
It goes crrrrunch in your mouth too.
- Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Vegan product.
- Kosher Pareve.
- Has 12 g of protein, 15% of the daily value per serving, and 7 g of fiber per serving.
- Keto-friendly .
- Only 1 g of sugar and 9 g of carbs.
- Makes a great dessert, perfect for the lunch box and ideal on top of an ice-cream dessert.
- Every year Kashi measures the carbon emissions from the cooking and baking of their foods. They offset them through their programs that help to avoid or remove greenhouse gases from the air.
- One con is that some people might find this cereal a little sweet.
This protein cereal is deliciously smooth and served hot; made from high protein oat groats.
And it saves time because it cooks so quickly to deliver the delicious taste to you.
- The ideal choice if you’re looking for a high-fiber breakfast; contains 7 grams of fiber per serving.
- Whole grain oats make tasty muffins, and is also a great addition for bread, cakes, and smoothies.
- It is a hearty cereal because it is low in saturated fat.
- Studies show that daily eating of oat bran can lower bad cholesterol and protect again diseases of the heart.
- The protein content in each serving contributes to 7 grams of your protein need.
- Kosher Pareve .
- Vegan: It’s easily one of the best high protein cereal on the market for vegans.
- The plant based protein is sourced from non-GMO plants only.
If you are looking for a low-carb, low-fat, and low-sugar cereal, you will love BariWise cereal.
It will fit perfectly into your diet plan and fitness ideals.
- Low carb, 6 g net carbs.
- Low-fat, low sugar.
- Has a 15 g protein content per serving to keep you full for longer.
- Has a delicious warm cinnamon flavor reminiscent of cinnamon cereal, although some people find it a bit strong.
- 113 calories per serving.
- Instant oatmeal, made with whole-grain rolled oats.
- Trans-fat free .
- Saturated fat-free.
- Aspartame free.
- 10% DV of calcium healthy.
This healthy cereal is like reliving the days when you were a kid and you would watch fantasy and animation movies with a bowl of sugary Cocoa Puffs without a care in the world.
If you fast-forward to today, maybe your metabolism has changed quite a bit.
You have realized you had to ditch the sugary cocoa pops for a more healthful way of living.
At least Magic Spoon Cereal comes to the rescue and allows you to fulfill the childhood nostalgia in a healthy way!
- You get a variety of guilt-free packs with several flavors. As far as the different tastes go, this cereal delivers.
- A cupful has around 170-180 calories.
- This cereal is high in protein – you get about 13014 grams of protein in a cup.
- This cereal is vegetarian – not vegan.
- It is gluten-free and grain-free .
- It is a low-carb cereal with natural flavors. No artificial colors or sweeteners are added. It has no corn syrup, cane sugar, or any sugar alcohols added. The sweetness comes from allulose and monk fruit extract. Monk fruit is a good choice for people who have diabetes.
- The taste is sweet enough for the pleasure of children as well.
- Has 11 g of protein per serving.
- Does well to give you a filling breakfast or a post-workout meal or an afternoon snack.
- Low carb and keto-friendly.
- Forbes called this cereal ‘The Future Of Cereal.’
- Time Magazine named it their ‘Top 100 Inventions Of 2019.’
All good things come in three, and that’s why Three Wishes Cereal is such a delight.
It is an excellent source of protein, containing just 3 grams of sugar.
- ‘Three Wishes Cereal’ is a reviewer’s favorite gluten-free cereal & it’s grain-free too.
- 8 grams of protein per serving.
- Natural flavors.
- No wheat, corn, dairy, rice, dairy, peanuts, oats, or soy.
- Non-GMO .
- The company formulated the first nutritionally dense cereal that still manages to taste like a treat.
- Caters for the needs of an entire family or a single student.
- A three-quarter cup serving only has from 110-130 calories in it.
- The sweetness comes from monk fruit with a tad of organic cane sugar. One serving only has 3 grams of sugar.
- There is an unsweetened flavor cereal as well.
You will adore Keto Cereal because it’s a cereal that you can’t believe is highly nutritious to eat.
You feel guilty because it tastes like it’s got forbidden sugars and carbs in it.
But each guilt-free delicious serving contains no less than 15 grams of protein!
- 15 g of protein, 3 g net carbs.
- Just 123 calories a serving – Unfortunately though, you might want another serving!
- The ideal snack for people on low-carb diets or the keto diet. Keto Cereal is fantastic for the busy family because they get in all the nutrition. It is able to be prepared in just minutes, keeping the family nutritionally up to date!
- Gluten-free and grain-free.
- Tran s-fat free.
Post Premier Protein cereal is the ideal to try when hunger strikes and you want to be healthy in your food choices.
As a post-workout snack or a mid-morning pick-me-up, this cereal will do the trick for you.
It will deliver 20 grams of protein per serving!
It’s not likely to let you down, filling you up so you don’t find yourself raiding the cupboards or reaching out for snacks.
- An excellent source of protein – each serving has 20 grams of high protein in it.
- Post premier protein cereal has just 5 g of total sugar and 14 g of total carbs per serving.
- It consists of very wholesome ingredients. It can be made with toasted berry crisp flavors, real raspberries, strawberries, and almonds for sweet, and healthful flavoring.
- The crunchy flakes and sweetness make it a hit with the entire family, particularly as it is so packed with protein.
- 180 calories in one cup.
This cereal is also ideal for when you need something quick and convenient, but nutritious.
You want something to keep you going with your wits around when you are in meetings for example.
Well, this cereal has 15 grams of soy protein isolate in it – it will help you to keep focused and energetic.
- 15 grams of soy protein in each serving of ProtiDiet High Protein Honey Nut Soy Cereal.
- It only has 100 calories per serving, which makes it ideal for dieters.
- It is a Keto-friendly cereal, with each serving only containing 5 g of carbs and less than 1 g of sugar.
- Total fat is only 2.5 g.
- No gluten ingredients are added.
- Free of aspartame .
Is Nature’s Path Organic Smart Bran Cereal a High Protein Cereal?
Nature’s path organic smart bran may be one of the best breakfast cereals of choice and is fortified with peanuts, tree nuts, and soy.
The bottom line when it comes to cereals today is that consumers do value breakfast still as the most important meal of the day.
People today are on the go; few have time or interest anymore to sit down at a table to eat and linger – chatting over their breakfast as we all did in the past.
Later they might down their eggs, toast, bacon, croissants, and jam with a third cup of coffee for the day.
Today’s hectic and modern people are often going to board a plane, be discussing and arguing through Zoom meetings, or hitting the gym prior to hitting the office or meeting up with colleagues or friends.
To meet these busy lifestyles, most people are adamant that they want a quick breakfast that is high in protein.
Maybe they don’t have time to crack an egg, but they can grow to love the high-protein cereals on the market that they can rely on to keep them going through the entire day.
They love the fact that these very same cereals are what they can tuck into at any time
They can stash tubs of their favorite protein cereal in their car, their briefcase – wherever they know they will be.
They love the fact that they can nibble on these during times when they just can’t get to a meal.
Yet, they know they will be putting in something highly nutritious. That’s what protein cereal can do.
They don’t just serve as the main meal of the day – breakfast.
These fill as snacks, as pre-and post-workout snacks, like lunch, and later as dinner.
And some will sneak into their kitchen late at night for a delicious guilty snack that they don’t have to feel guilty about.
Protein cereals – choose the one that works for you
Watch your energy and your diet ambitions soar. After all, protein cereals don’t come in a bowl anymore.
They come in all forms of exciting packages with targeted benefits that may suit your choice.
For instance, if you want a high protein supplement with a keto diet requirement, HighKey Protein Cereal may be right for you.
On the other hand, if you are not worried about non-vegetarian diets or intolerance to ingredients, you won’t be too selective.
This means you can add your traditional flavoring of milk with it, or fruit, or whatever you choose – but one this is for sure – you will have got in all the protein you need!
-  https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/food-and-nutrition/faq-20058449
-  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/protein-intake#calculating-requirements
-  https://globalnews.ca/news/5792891/artificial-preservatives-affect-health/
-  https://www.wellandgood.com/high-protein-cereals/
-  https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/keto-diet-meal-plan-and-menu#bottom-line
-  https://www.klbdkosher.org/news-and-articles/health-benefits-of-a-kosher-diet/
-  https://medlineplus.gov/ency/patientinstructions/000786.htm
-  https://janabebe.com/en/blog/benefits-of-gluten-free-cereals.html
-  https://schoolyardsnacks.com/blogs/blog/non-gmo-cereal
-  https://www.livestrong.com/article/389334-a-list-of-foods-containing-aspartame/