Who doesn’t want to have healthy, radiant-looking skin that they can be confident to show?
While it would seem that some persons may naturally have gorgeous skin, don’t be fooled; even they need to use various products to keep their even skin tone looking the way it does.
Plus, there are numerous products you can use to help you achieve this goal.
After much research, we compiled a list of the 20 Best Vitamin C Serums for the face and sensitive skin.
Through our research, we’ve come to realize that vitamin C is an essential product in skincare.
As such, we want to share that knowledge with you.
These vitamin C serums are dermatologist tested and reputed to improve oily skin, reduce dark spots, even out your skin tone, and more.
Let’s go make your skin radiant!
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Top 20 Affordable Vit C Serums of 2022
- 1) SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic
- 2) Civant Vitamin C Serum
- 3) DermaBoss Vitamin C Serum
- 4) SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF
- 5) Drunk Elephant C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum
- 6) Anti-Aging Power Serum with Vitamin C
- 7) BeautyStat Universal C Skin Refiner
- 8) OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Vitamin C Serum
- 9) PCA Skin C-Quench Antioxidant Serum
- 10) Rosen Skincare Bright Citrus Serum
- 11) VitaBrid Dual Drop Serum
- 12) Pineapple + Vitamin C Brightening Cleanser
- 13) Bliss Bright Idea Vitamin C Brightening Serum
- 14) Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
- 15) Cocokind Vitamin C Serum With Sea Grape Caviar
- 16) Citrix Vitamin C Pro-Collagen Brightening Serum
- 17) Epi.logic Skincare Vitamin C + Multivitamin Defense Serum
- 18) Hyper Clear Brightening Clearing Vitamin C Serum
- 19) Klur Brilliant Light ™
- 20) Maelove The Glow Maker Anti-Oxidant Serum
Our Top Picks of The Best Brightening Serums
Top 20 Affordable Vit C Serums of 2022
Now let’s get into the specifics of each product…
SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic is a patented daytime vitamin C serum and our option for Best Overall Product.
It is ideal for combating hyperpigmentation with its formulation of pure vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid.
As such, it comes highly recommended by numerous dermatologists.
- Ideal for sensitive, dry, normal, and combination skin type
- Suitable for fine lines and wrinkles
- More expensive than most vitamin c serums
Why this is Our Number 1 Vitamin C Serum
The SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic has topped our list as the best vitamin C serum overall because of its efficiency for promoting even skin tone, its anti-aging, and hydration properties.
This vitamin C serum may also:
- neutralize damaging free radicals for advanced environmental protection
- reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness, and brighten your skin’s complexion
- neutralize free radicals to help prevent the impact of ozone damage to the skin
- be effective for a minimum of 72 hours
- is paraben-free and ideal for normal, dry, and sensitive skin types
- is clinically tested and suitable for use post-laser, always consult with a physician.
Civant Vitamin C Serum finds itself in the Runner-up position on our list.
This serum manufacturer is trusted for over twenty years, and their product is formulated with two forms of Vitamin C, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate and Ascorbyl Glucoside.
The Civant Vitamin C serum may diminish the presence of photodamage, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Ideal for all skin tones and types
- Safe for long-term use
- Dermatologist recommended
- No subscription
Why this is Our Runner-up Vitamin C Serum
We have made Civant our runner-up choice for several reasons, including its powerful antioxidant formulation and anti-aging properties.
- It naturally moisturizes the skin and is one of the best vitamin C products on the market for skincare.
- In fact, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and may:
- brighten skin
- give you smoother skin
- heal free radical damage
Even on a budget, you still need one of the best vitamin C serums available.
For that reason, we looked into a few and found that the DermaBoss Vitamin C Serum is the Best Budget option.
It is made with a combination of Vitamin C, Beta Glucan, and Hyaluronic Acid that can facilitate collagen production and hydrate skin.
- Sulfate and paraben-free
- 100% Vegan
- 99% Natural
- Variations in the color and consistency of each product batch
Why this is Our Best Budget Serum
Dermaboss is aimed at providing one of the highest-quality and more affordable vitamin C serums, and for that reason, we had to include it in our list.
Moreover, it also has an abundance of impressive benefits that you can derive.
- reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- works as a brightening serum to promote a brighter, more youthful complexion.
- reduces redness, acne scars, and blemishes.
- smooths uneven skin tone
- 100% money-back
Oily skin is something that a lot of us struggle with.
That’s why SkinCeuticals has set out to remedy that problem with their Phloretin CF Vitamin C Serum.
This vitamin c brightening serum is specially formulated with phloretin, pure vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid), and ferulic acid.
Their combination results in a serum perfect for oily skin types.
- Paraben and dye-free
- Suitable for all skin types but ideal for sensitive
- 99% Natural
- Slightly unpleasant smell
Why this is Our Best for Oily Skin Vitamin C Serum
This daytime vitamin C face serum, which provides antioxidant protection, had to make it onto our list, as it:
- provides advanced environmental protection by neutralizing damaging free radicals
- improves the appearance of discoloration and overall skin tone
- once absorbed, this vitamin C serum remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours
Having sensitive skin is no joke.
So when it comes to finding the ideal vitamin C serum, we went on the hunt and returned with a product filled with potent antioxidant ingredients, pumpkin, pomegranate, and other fruit enzymes, L-Ascorbic Acid, and Ferulic Acid.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Lightweight Serum
- Clean at Sephora seal
- Short shelf life of six months
Why this Serum is Best for Sensitive Skin
We had to give this serum the number 5 spot because aside from being clinically tested, this serum impressed us with its promise to:
- to visibly firm, brighten, and improve signs of photoaging.
- eliminate Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- address dullness and uneven texture
This Avya Power Serum is specially formulated with hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, and antioxidants to create the perfect anti-aging serum.
Additionally, it is light, creamy, and luxurious, creating a potent serum ideal for morning or night application.
- Great for colored skin
- Absorbs quickly
- Great smell
Why this is Best for Anti-Aging
Naturally, aging takes a toll on the skin, and we think this Skincare Anti-Aging Power Serum is exactly what you will need to combat the effects of aging.
This serum may:
- improve complexion
- brighten skin
- boast anti-inflammatory properties
- tighten the skin and reduce lines and wrinkles
The BeautyStat Universal C Skin Refiner boasts the highest percentage of pure Vitamin C allowable alongside its use of tartaric acid, and as such promises to deliver magical full-strength results.
Consequently, we’ve chosen it as our Best For Hyperpigmentation serum.
- Safe for all skin types
- Consistent color and formula
- Lightweight serum
- Grainy in texture
Why this Serum is Best for Hyperpigmentation
We know how beneficial vitamin C is to the skin, so considering its potent vitamin C content, we had to give BeautyStat’s serum a spot on our list.
Also, it can:
- improve skin smoothness and radiance
- even skin tone and texture
- reduce lines, wrinkles, and dark spots
If you need to exfoliate while nourishing your skin with vitamin C, we recommend the OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Serum.
It contains 15% vitamin C (l ascorbic acid), 5% PHAs, and hyaluronic acid.
This formulation plumps and hydrates the skin with ease.
- Lightweight product
- Very hydrating
- Smooth texture
- Strong orange fragrance
Why this Vitamin C Serum is Best for Exfoliating
Even though it has a smooth texture, the OLEHENRIKSEN serum is loved for its exfoliating quality. In addition, it may:
- brighten and visibly firms skin
- reduce the appearance of dark spots, pores, and wrinkles
- address uneven skin tone and texture
There is nothing better than a soothing feeling after going through your skincare routine.
The PCA Skin C-Quench Antioxidant Serum provides exactly that!
Any board-certified dermatologist may tell you that this product is a go-to for them.
It contains vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, Lilac Leaf Cell Culture Extract, and other antioxidants that combat environmental stressors.
- Contains multiple antioxidants and botanicals
- Ideal for dry, combo, and normal skin
- Has payment plan
Why this is the Best for Soothing
The PCA Skin C-Quench Antioxidant Serum carries out its many benefits with a soothing effect that seems well worth the hype.
This serum can also:
- hydrate and nourish the skin,
- minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- protect from aging UV rays and free radical damage
- diminish fine lines and wrinkles and promote an even skin tone
Who says the smell isn’t important?
Well, Rosen disagrees, so they have created an effective vitamin C product that smells just as well as it works.
Made with 20% Vitamin C (L Ascorbic Acid), Mulberry Root Extract, Glycerin, and Arborcide, it’s easy to see why this serum would be so efficient.
- Light citrus scent
- Contains high Vitamin C content
- It may not be suitable for delicate skin type
Why this Serum is voted the Nicest Scent
The Rosen Skincare Bright Citrus Serum did not make it to our list just for its nice smell.
We also appreciate that it can:
- improve skin pH balance
- reduce scarring and fade dark spots
- help acne-prone skin
One of the best vitamin C serums on the market is the VitaBrid Dual Drop Serum, which is formulated with both active & stabilized vitamin C, along with a plant stem cell complex, making it our Anti-Aging Runner-Up.
- Potent Vitamin C content
- Not vegan- certified
Why this is Our Anti-Aging Runner-Up
The VitaBrid Dual Drop Serum is ideal for middle-aged and older women looking to refine their lines and reduce wrinkles.
So we believe if this product serves such an essential role, then we must make it a part of our list.
- brightens skin
- hydrate skin
- firm skin
- repair damage by environmental stressors
This serum is formulated with pineapple enzymes and Alpha-Hydroxy-Acids that promote cell renewal by exfoliating dead skin cells, making it one of the best vitamin C products to add to your skincare routine for a more even skin tone.
- Contains Vitamin E, cucumber, and green tea extract
- Gently exfoliate skin
- Color variation between batches
Why this Serum is Our Hyperpigmentation Runner Up
This Pineapple and Brightening Vitamin C Cleanser made it to our list as the Hyperpigmentation Runner Up because, why not?
After all, this powerhouse combination may:
- clean your skin without over-drying it
- gently exfoliate your skin
- brighten and renew your complexion
- reduce environmental aging signs
This collagen-protecting and brightening serum consists of ultra-stable vitamin C and tri-peptides that aid with lightening dark spots and visibly firming skin.
- Uses a non-irritating form of Vitamin C
- It may not be ideal for a skin type that is sensitive
Why this is Best for Skin Brightening
The serum uses a non-irritating form of Vitamin C and tri-peptides that collaboratively protect against collagen damage and give you glowing skin.
Additionally, it may:
- boost brightness & elasticity
- prevent future free radical damage
- deliver intense hydration
We voted this to be the Best Natural option on the market because it does not use any form of additives.
Since it does not use any preservatives either, you won’t experience that typical tingling sensation associated with using topical vitamin C.
It is formulated with vitamin E and C, ferulic acid, konjac root, and hyaluronic acid.
- No burning sensation
- May irritate skin
Why this is Our Most Natural Option
This non-greasy, lightweight product softens and soothes the skin with its all-natural composition and can also:
- tighten and brighten your skin
- reduce wrinkles and discoloration
- plumps the skin
- eliminate overly-oily or overly-dry skin
Large facial pores can often be a disaster, causing us to become self-conscious and uncomfortable.
Thankfully, the Cocokind Vit. C Serum is here to help smooth the appearance of large pores with its special formulation of vitamin C (ascorbic acid), sea grape caviar extract, and hyaluronic acid.
- Hydrating formula
- Easily absorbed
- Not suitable for the skin type that is sensitive
Why this is Best for Large Pores
Reducing large pores may be the primary benefit of this serum, but that’s just one.
We have it on our list because it can also:
- boost your skin glow
- smooth texture irregularities
- brighten dark spots and uneven tone
The Citrix Vitamin C Pro-Collagen Brightening Serum is our choice for Best Brightening Runner-Up.
Formulated with ascorbic acid, vitamins A and E, methyl trimethicone, Phyllanthus Emblica extract, it is the perfect option if you are looking for a brightening skin corrector.
- Powerful antioxidant
- Ideal for all skin types
Why Citrix Pro-Collagen?
We recommend this serum not only because it’s great for brightening and smoothing your skin but also because it can:
- reduce the appearance of fine lines
- eliminate adult acne scars
- promote glowing skin texture
Best for Photodamage is the Epi.logic Skincare Vitamin C + Multivitamin Defense Serum.
It is formulated with a biocompatible combination of vitamin C and synergistic antioxidants.
This antioxidant vitamin serum is critical to your skincare routine.
- Produces fast results
- Recommended for morning use only
Why this Serum is Our Best for Photodamange Choice
Along with protecting against solar exposure, the Epi.logic Skincare Vitamin C + Multivitamin Defense Serum made it onto our list because it may also:
- offset free radicals and brighten the complexion
- even skin tone and texture
- minimize wrinkles
- enhance skin barrier
Hyperpigmentation is a pretty common issue, so you can’t go wrong with having numerous options to combat that problem.
That’s why we have a third option for hyperpigmentation that is formulated with vitamin E, turmeric, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, kojic acid, and barberry.
- 15% vitamin C
- Contains fruit enzymes
- May not be ideal for delicate skin
Why this serum?
Though the Hyper serum was specifically made for hyperpigmentation, it does combat other issues by:
- brightening the skin
- smoothing lines and rough texture
- clearing spots
- reducing scars from acne
Klur Brilliant Light is the ideal repair serum considering its powerful formulation of Vitamins E and C and rosehip.
Furthermore, it promises to heal and reveal a healthier, more brilliant tone in all skin types and ethnicities.
- Absorbs deeply and quick;y
Why this Serum is Our Best for Multi-correction and Repair Choice
Its high vitamin and antioxidant content purposefully repair damage caused by acne, sun exposure, etc.
However, we also believe it is deserving of this spot, as it can:
- illuminate the skin
- protect and correct multiple signs of skin damage
- improve brilliant tone
Just like hyperpigmentation, discoloration is a rampant issue.
Consequently, we believe this serum formulated with hyaluronic acid, vitamins C and E, Aloe, Aurantium Dulcis, Magnolia, and ferulic acid is the ideal product for remedying discoloration and evening out the skin tone.
- Paraben and dye-free
Why this Serum is Our Best for Discoloration Choice
From the raving reviews about this product’s efficacy, we could tell that it must be doing something right.
So we decided to add it to our list as the ideal discoloration option.
However, it can also:
- hydrate the skin
- protection against free radical damage
- even the skin tone
We commend you for taking the time to research the appropriate serum for your skin and needs.
With these top 20 options, there is sure to be something in there for you.
Remember, vitamin C is a multi-functional ingredient that will do wonders for your skin.