WE PURSUE our mission by helping communities and individuals promote healthy, sustainable living as part of a national wellness movement that increases awareness, empowers personal action, and fearlessly advocates for human and environmental health.
WE ACHIEVE our mission by educating, inspiring, and empowering a community of “Wellness Warriors” in the following ways:
- Wellnesswarrior.org educates by sharing the latest wellness information, leadership, research, success stories and news so that everyone can make more informed choices in their daily lives.
- Wellnesswarrior.org focuses on individuals and companies in the health, wellness and spa communities as trusted agents for change. We also work with nonprofits, businesses, government agencies, educational and religious institutions, media and others who share our values and vision.
- Wellnesswarrior.org inspires personal and social action by providing a platform where proactive wellness values such as prevention and protection are represented in the national conversation.
- Wellnesswarrior.org empowers people to claim their rights to personal and planetary health by helping concerned citizens achieve together what they cannot do alone.
OUR AREAS OF CONCERN include all major national health issues that threaten the health and wellbeing of large sectors of our population, including: Chronic diseases and conditions such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and arthritis, which are some of the most common, costly, and preventable health problems and the leading causes of death and disability in the United States.
Sustainable food systems that nourish, heal, and protect humans and the planet while remaining ecologically sound, economically viable, and embodying the highest values in the ways we treat people, animals, and the environment.
Exposure to untested toxic chemicals at home, work and play. Over 80,000 chemicals in U.S. consumer products have never been tested for toxicity.
WELLNESS WARRIOR PROMOTES VALUES AND SOLUTIONS THAT…
- Support human and planetary health.
- Focus on community engagement and recognize wellness as our shared responsibility.
- Integrate regular and fun physical activity and stress reduction into daily life for all Americans
- Prioritize early education programs that teach children how to live healthy lives.
- Provide information detailing healthy eating habits for all Americans.
- Facilitate access for all Americans to healthy and affordable food, produced sustainably.
- Encourage consumer choices that are socially and environmentally responsible.
- Protect a safe and healthy environment in which we live, work and play.
- Preserve Earth’s natural resources for future generations: clean air, water, food, soil and biodiversity.
- Hold corporations accountable to truth and transparency in all aspects of their products’ sourcing, manufacturing, and marketing.
WELLNESS WARRIOR’S GOALS INCLUDE…
- Inspire every person to be a Wellness Warrior – Seek to engage every person—young or old and wherever they may be on the diet, fitness, lifestyle or political spectrum—to take the next step in living a healthier, more sustainable life and helping to bring about a shift to policies promoting health and sustainability.
- Have a strong, impactful presence in Washington, D.C., and at the state level by mobilizing the public, and health, wellness, and spa communities, to see that new and bold policies are adopted that address health and sustainability.
- Develop powerful collaborations with nonprofits, businesses, labor unions, government agencies, educational and religious institutions, and the media.