This made her a household name for the 6 years it was on the screens.
She was always into acting though, taking ballet and acting when a child.
By the time 1978 rolled around; she had landed a lead role in the Broadway hit, Annie. She was in this musical for three years.
Then in 1979, she made her film debut in Rich Kids, and in 1982, Square Pegs followed. That led to more offers over the years and more movies.
Nevertheless, people are still excited to know that Sex and the City is going to be returning for a revival – set to reboot around December 2021.
Jessica is married to Matthew Broderick since 1997. Broderick was directing a play at the time they met and Sarah was just breaking up from Robert Downey Jr.
They got married in May 1997 and had three children, a son who graduates from high school at the end of 2021, and twin daughters.
Both Sarah and Matthew’s return to Broadway was delayed because of the Covid-19 pandemic, but Plaza Suite is on Broadway from February 2022.
Sarah and Matthew live in New York in the beautiful, prestigious West Village area.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s Diet, Exercises & Fitness Routine
- Workout Principles of Sarah Jessica Parker
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s Training Methods
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s Workout Routine
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s Diet Plan
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s Supplements
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s noteworthy recommendations
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Diet, Exercises & Fitness Routine
- Weight: 123 lbs. /56 kg.
- Birthday: 25 March 1965
- Birthplace: Nelsonville, Ohio, USA
- Accolades/accomplishments: See all her incredible wins here!
- 2011 – Hall of Shame in Sex and the City 2 (shared)
- 2011 – Surprise – in Sex and the City 2
- 2013 – Best Lead Actress in I Don’t Know How She Does It
- Best Actress in a Comedy Series in Sex and the City
- 2017 – Favorite Premium Series Actress
- 2011 – Worst Actress in Sex and the City 2 (shared)
- 2010 – Ensemble Award in Sex and the City 2
Workout Principles of Sarah Jessica Parker
Even though Sarah’s slim body is as a result of good genes, it doesn’t mean that she needn’t maintain it.
It takes hard work in the form of exercise and a healthy diet.
Many women her age are wondering how she manages to keep her weight down and look so good. So we need to find out!
- She ensures she does some kind of exercise every day.
- She is a very keen walker and hits the streets walking wherever she needs to go. She aims to get at least 10.000 steps each day. And if the distance is too great for her to walk, she will hop on a bike to reach her destination, not get into her car.
- She does yoga workouts at least 3 times a week.
- She has a trainer, Anna Kaiser, of AKT Motion, to do a combo of Pilates, dance, and yoga classes. These are interspersed with weight exercises, with active recovery sessions. Her training sessions with Anna Kaiser also include a 20-minute session of hip-hop dancing.
- Aside from regular running, she does sit-ups and squats every day as well.
Even though her workout routine is not the typical conventional route that many others follow, Sarah’s fitness regime, which is more focused on general activities, seems to work well for her.
They are workouts that keep her body constantly moving.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Training Methods
- Being active for Sarah is about working out. One of the top training methods that she believes in is walking. This makes sense, as walking is a good calorie-burner, can help to lift your mood, and also ease digestion.
- Her other training methods are yoga, running, Pilates, and dance.
- She also has a beautiful mansion with stairs and she is up and down these regularly as well.
- She might not follow a strict workout plan, but that’s because she sees to it that her lifestyle is designed in such a way that it burns away fat.
- Not being a huge fan of the gym, she still does have certain exercises that maintain the strength of her arms and legs, and these include Inverted shoulder press and jumping squats.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Workout Routine
Sarah didn’t always follow a strict workout routine. Even today, she says she can’t do more than around 22 minutes a day – that she doesn’t have the stamina for it.
But at 5’3”, Sarah is in perfect shape, and she looks the picture of health too – so her combination of exercise and diet routine has been a huge success.
Lately, it’s not so much about maintaining her weight as it is maintaining her energy levels. So this is what she does on a regular basis now:
Sarah gets in plenty of movement and exercise from her personal trainer, Anna Kaiser, from AKT Motion.
A good cardio workout for Sarah will be dance workouts, strength training, and plyometrics.
As we mentioned before, Sarah loves to walk everywhere and if there is a choice between stairs and the elevator, she will take the stairs.
…is to keep herself toned. Sarah’s favorite arm exercise is the inverted shoulder press and for her legs, she does jumping squats.
Sarah’s workout routine is really doable if you want to stay fit and lean. But you have to be committed and passionate about keeping it up.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Diet Plan
- Sarah’s diet is a mix of the Mediterranean, Atkins, and South Beach diets. That means she gets plenty of fish and low-carb veggies in her diet. She will also eat lean meat and healthy fats. She swears by a wholesome, nutritious diet.
- She is very fond of cheese, pasta, and bacon; these are favorites that she can’t resist at times – so she is not against promoting the occasional crash-diet program or starvation diets!
- Having been on the three above diets, Jessica has observed the foods that she needs to rely on to nourish her body. They are foods that rev up her metabolism; control hunger-pangs, and keep fat from settling on her hips and waist.
- She abstains from eating processed and junk foods, relying on healthy fats, protein-rich meat, and low-carb foods. These all work to keep her blood sugar levels in check as well.
- Her body is really hot when you think that this is what she says about food – “I love to eat. I think about food all the time.” As for dessert, Sarah enjoys Tootsie Rolls and York Peppermint Patties.
- These days Sarah adheres to the Hamptons Diet. Heard of this one before? It is formulated by Fred Pascatore and combines elements of the South Beach diet, Mediterranean, and the Atkins Diet. It’s rich in low carb veggies, fish, and organic, whole foods, and Sarah loves it
- If Sarah is trying to lose a bit of weight, she will cut out most carbs until she has achieved the weight she wants. If she wants to maintain the new weight she has reached, she maintains it by eating complex carbs every day like brown rice, or quinoa, or sweet potatoes.
Let’s check out a day of what her diet looks like:
Sarah will choose her meals based on all she will do during the day.
So if she’s rushed, she will grab a plain yogurt with some mixed berries.
If she has time, it will be a poached egg served on sautéed garlic spinach. Now and again she will add some turkey bacon.
Lunch will usually be roll-ups like low-fat cream cheese, grated carrot, and sliced cucumber, with bell peppers or lettuce.
These are rolled in up some lean meat like chicken or turkey, or lean roast beef. A piece of sweet fruit will follow.
Some days, she would have a whole-wheat tortilla turkey wrap with some cream cheese, lettuce, or Swiss cheese.
Other times, she might have some pineapple slices with mint dip and plain yogurt.
Raw peanuts mixed with some chili powder, salt, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, and macadamia nut oil is another delicious snack she loves.
Sarah’s dinner will be a bit heavier and filling – she will enjoy some lean sirloin kebabs with mushrooms, some onions, and grilled pineapple.
- Can you see how sustainable Sarah’s diet is?
- Like her workout routine – something that ordinary folks can relate to?
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Supplements
Apart from macadamia oil, Sarah doesn’t mention supplements. But for a woman of her age, she might well be taking:
Sarah Jessica Parker’s noteworthy recommendations
1) Don’t deprive yourself
According to Sarah, depriving herself of all the lovely palatable food items is not the way. So she eats food items like pasta, cheese, and beacon.
2) She advises you eat everything- just never overdo it
“As human beings, we ought to try every kind of food there is”– she says.
She eats whatever she loves, but there is one condition – to always eat light. That’s very good advice.
3) Include a diet that is a perfect blend of all key nutrients
That way you stay healthy, fit, and youthful. For any woman, whether pre-menopausal or post-menopausal, Sarah Jessica Parker is very inspirational.
Thank you, Sarah!
“Every once in a while, a girl has to indulge herself “ – Sarah Jessica Parker