Remember the comedy TV series, Shake It Up, in 2010.
Well, that was where Zendaya first started becoming really famous.
From there she went on to star in other big movies such as Spider-Man: Homecoming and The Greatest Showman, and more.
This American actress was already performing as a child.
She grew up performing at the California Shakespeare Theater as well as other theatre companies near where she lived in California.
In 2010 she landed a television gig with other theatrical companies near her hometown of Oakland, California.
She released her debut album in 2013 – called Zendaya. She also loved dance and was a member of the Future Shock Oakland dance group for a few years.
She even studied hula dancing at the Academy of Hawaiian Arts.
She was also quite successful being a model and managed to get work for companies like Old Navy and Macy’s. There was a Sears commercial and Zendaya was used as a backup dancer for Selena Gomes.
She was good at dancing and was invited to participate in the competition Dancing with the Stars.
There, she paired up with a professional dancer called Val Chmerkovskiy on the show.
It was around this time that she decided she was only going to use her first name, Zendaya, professionally.
Her name means “to give thanks.”
It originates from the Shona people from Zimbabwe, Africa.
She also, in 2018, lent her voice to a couple of animation movies, Smallfoot and Duck Duck Goose.
She has always been very private about whom she dates, and fans don’t often find out much about her love life from her own lips.
But right now, she is dating Tom Holland.
Following their starring roles in 2017’s Spider-Man: Homecoming, sources noted that they had started seeing each other.
She lives in a lavish home in Los Angeles with her beloved dog, Noon.
She is a huge animal lover and that is the reason why she is a vegetarian – to make a stand against animal cruelty.
So she adheres to a plant-based diet. It makes sense that she has such a stunning body!
Here's What's In Store For You...
Zendaya’s Diet & Workout – What Does She Eat In a Day?
- Age: 25-years old
- Weight: 59 kg./130 pounds
- Birthday: 1 September 1996
- Birthplace: Oakland, California, USA
‘Primetime Emmy Awards’
- 2020 – Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in Euphoria
‘Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA’
- 2019 – Best Supporting Actress in Spider-Man: Far From Home
‘Black Reel Awards for Television’
- 2020 – Outstanding Actress, Drama Series in Euphoria
‘Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards’
- 2021 – SeeHer Award
‘International Online Cinema Awards (INOCA)’
- 2020 – Best Actress in a Drama Series in Euphoria
‘Kids’ Choice Awards, USA’
- 2020 – Favorite Female TV Start in K.C. Undercover
- 2018 Favorite Movie Actress in Spider-Man: Homecoming and The Greatest Showman
- 2017 – Favorite Female TV Star in K.C. Undercover
- 2016 – Favorite TV Actress in K.C. Undercover
‘People’s Choice Awards, USA’
- 2019 – Favorite Female Movie Star in Spider-Man: Far From Home
- 2019 – Favorite Drama TV Star in Euphoria
- 2019 – Best Actress in a Series, Drama/Genre in Euphoria
- 2020 – Best Celebrity
‘Teen Choice Awards’
- 2019 – Choice Summer Movie Actress in Spider-Man: Far from Home
- 2018 – Choice Movie Actress Drama in The Greatest Showman
- 2018 – Choice Movie: Ship: in The Greatest Showman (shared)
- 2018 Choice Music: Collaboration (shared)
- 2014 – Candie’s Choice Style Icon
Workout Principles of Zendaya
Ok, she is young so she probably doesn’t have to work too hard for that gorgeous figure of hers – she is so slender and whatever she wears makes her come across with impeccable style.
But Zendaya does work out her 5’10” frame because she needs to have a fantastic shape for her movie roles.
She no doubt wants to keep that physique in tip-top shape for a long while to come still.
She was quite athletic growing up, running track and playing basketball, and soccer.
Now that she is all grown up, she is not exactly a lover of the gym, so she doesn’t even plan daily workouts.
Nevertheless, she knows it’s important to work out and so she does try and incorporate exercises into her daily regime.
She does dance choreography practicing, plyometrics, boxing, hiking, Pilates, and other activities.
You can see she keeps pretty active.
Her workout principles are to constantly stay active. But she loves all the activities that she gets involved with to keep her fit.
And they must be fun as well – “I have to do something that’s fun for me,” Zendaya said.
For instance, preparing for her role in The Greatest Showman, she needed to increase her upper body and core strength.
This was so she could accomplish the aerial circus moves and acrobatic stunts.
Zendaya Training Methods
During the Covid pandemic, one thing that kept Zendaya really busy was her workouts at home – she was starting to realize she needed to do more activities in her daily life.
She reckoned that she “needed to start getting my blood pumping. I need to be outside more. I can’t just stay inside and not do anything all day.’”
She got in the help of her assistant, Darnell Appling, to get her active again.
She and Darnell threw on wigs and kept themselves very active.
She said, “Every day, because I missed acting so much… to inspire me to go downstairs and workout, I would wear different wigs, because I have a whole collection of wigs from all the red carpets that I’ve done,” she said.
“I wear a different wig, come down in a different character, and try to entertain Darnell, to make him laugh every single day.”
Even though she is no fan of working out, she still remains very active.
A lot of her acting work requires her to be performing choreographed moves, dancing, or just being on the go.
Then she also did her own stunts in the Spider-Man 3 movie.
So, even though Zendaya doesn’t love gym work type of exercising, her career certainly does a good job at keeping her physically fit!
Zendaya’s Workout Routine
Zendaya’s workout routine looks something like this:
- Yoga (15 to 30 minutes)
- Jogging (for about 800m)
- Knee push-ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Air squats (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Boxing (3 sets, 60 seconds)
- Jump squats (3 sets, 30 reps)
- Wacky jacks (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Burpees (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Sit-ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Wide leg squats (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Inchworms (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Lunges (3 sets, 30 reps)
Zendaya’s Diet Plan
Zendaya had already become a vegetarian by the time she was 9-years old.
So she no longer eats fish, beef, and chicken.
She loves animals and that’s what made her become a vegetarian. She tries to eat healthy, balanced meals every day to ensure her body gets all the nutrition it needs.
Here’s more or less how her diet looks:
Zendaya never drinks coffee or energy drinks, and she is also that crazy about water.
She just prefers the normal juices.
She loves breakfast foods though, and in the morning time, she loves pancakes with berries, wholegrain breed, and eggs.
She has a bit of a sweet tooth, so she often likes her pancakes to have Nutella and fruit on them.
She is always on the go so you can imagine a young 25-year old like her often even forgets to sit down and have a proper meal.
But ramen noodles with a hot sauce always go down well with her!
Then if she gets a bit hungry, and not being the cooking type, she will use Postmates and order a couple of snacks or meals.
And she adores ice cream, so it’s a bit of a habit that gets her into trouble with her ever-watchful assistant.
She will enjoy a simple vegetarian salad at dinner time. She doesn’t really enjoy the taste of meat so the vegetarian diet works well for her.
One of the perks of being so young and of a slender frame, Zendaya can get away with her not-so-strict diet.
She can get away with eating carbs too.
For people like her, the priority is to cut fat. But right now being so young, it’s OK.
But if she does want to stay so slim and lean as she gets older, she might have to redefine her workouts and diet.
We are not sure what supplement Zendaya takes, but if you are a vegetarian or want to become one like her, these supplements will benefit you:
Zendaya’s noteworthy recommendations
- When she was interviewed by Buzzfeed, Zendaya encouraged young people like her to “follow their heart” when they want to show support for their causes. “Sometimes when you hear things — and we hear it so much nowadays — it weighs on you and it’s heavy on your heart,” she said. “You just have to let that off, do what you can, and speak out. I think as long as you’re leading with love and with the right intentions, that’s the best way to do it.”
- “Never be afraid to have a voice and to know the power of it. I say that often, and it’s often easier said than done. It’s easy to say, ‘Speak up and everything will be fine!’ Because it’s hard sometimes. But I would say you do have a voice, and it is important, and you should use it.”
- “I try to encourage my fans to learn as much as they can and soak up as much as they can. I think when you’re young is the best time to soak up all that knowledge.”
‘I have to do something that’s fun for me.’ – Zendaya