Who doesn’t know the gorgeous, famous, Jennifer Lopez, fondly nicknamed J.Lo?
She hardly needs any introduction.
She was born in the USA and is a famous American actress, singer, and dancer – an entertainer of note.
She made her name already as a dancer on the TV show called Living Color.
As an actress, you would have seen her outstanding acting performances in Enough, Selena, The Wedding Planner, and Out of Sight.
And she has many top songs as well, such as I’m Real and Love Don’t Cost A Thing, just to mention two!
In fact, her first studio album was dedicated to her Bronx roots.
She even titled her album “On the 6” because she used the train backward and forward to get to her dancing auditions!
In-between her hectic schedule she makes sure that she always looks glamorous and has a body to match.
Apart from her workouts, she even ran a triathlon once. She completed the Nautica Malibu Triathlon in 2008.
She was once married to Marc Anthony and has twins from him, Max and Emme. She is dating Ben Affleck again now.
She adores luxury houses and has homes in Beverley Hills, the Miami Beachfront – and she and Marc Anthony share a home on Long Island Estate, where the twins were born.
Then there is the Hills estate, a New York penthouse, and the list goes on.
Jennifer Lopez’s Diet – Is She Actually a Vegetarian?
- Weight: 59 kg/130 pounds
- Birthday: 24 July 1969
- Birthplace: Castle Hill, New York, USA
What with dancing, singing, and acting talents, you can imagine that Jennifer Lopez has won many, many winning awards. You can look them up any time you like here. We are just going to list the most recent ones.
Austin Film Critics Association
- 2020 AFCA Award for Best Support Actress in Hustlers
GALECA: The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics
- 2020 Dorian Award for Film Performance of the Year – Support Actress in Hustlers
Hollywood Critics Association
- 2020 For Best support Actress in Hustlers
Imagen Foundation Awards
- 2020 Winner – Best Actress – Feature Film, in Hustlers
Latino Entertainment Journalists Association Film Awards
- 2020 – Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Hustlers
- 2020 Winner – Rita Moreno Lifetime Achievement Award
Online Film & Television Association
- 2020 Best Supporting Actress in Hustlers
Online Film Critics Society Awards
- 2020 Best Supporting Actress in Hustlers
Palm Springs International Film Festival
- 2020 Spotlight award as Actress in Hustlers
Seattle Film Critics Society
- 2020 Best Supporting Actress in Hustlers
- 2020 Worst Foreign Actress in Hustlers and in Second Act
Workout Principles of Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez has intense workout routines and some solid workout principles because she prioritizes fitness. Let’s look briefly at her workout principles:
- She is very into abs working out
- She is a fan of pole workouts
- She doesn’t do rest days
- She believes in lifting heavy weights for strength training
- She doesn’t only workout for the physical gains, but for the mental ones too
- She focuses big time on the 3 B-s for her workouts – biceps, booty, and back
- She doesn’t take her fitness routines too seriously
- She’s got the commitment and she has goals that keep her accountable
- She never skeps warm-ups
- She believes that good activewear outfits motivate you to workout
Jennifer says, “I am 100 percent convinced that working out is part of what makes me so happy. Dance has always been a huge part of my life and taking the time to move my body and do something that’s so good for me is key to my happiness.”
For her famous backside, Jennifer makes use of squats and lunges, ensuring to use weights. She works out with her famous celebrity trainer, Gunnar Peterson.
Jennifer also started to use the Tracy Anderson Method, which Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow made famous.
Jennifer trains 4-5 times a week and focuses on circuit training.
She will do mixed cardio, plyometrics, and resistance training.
Resistance training is important because it tones and shapes the body.
Jennifer gets up at 4.00 am every day, and does 90 minutes of Pilates and dance cardio too.
Jennifer’s Workout Routine
Jennifer’s workout routine is a 4-circuit workout. It includes lunges, planks, sumo squats, and other things.
Here’s her 4-circuit workout:
1) Sumo squats with a medicine ball
You stand with legs apart, slightly wider than the shoulders.
Keep your toes pointed outwards as you come down into a squat. You hold the medicine ball straight ahead. It works the abs, glutes, and inner thighs.
2) Reverse lunges
Step backward using one of your legs – bend the back leg so the back knee is almost touching the ground. The front knee will be parallel to the ground.
Avoid injury by keeping your knee and ankle aligned.
3) Plank on a medicine ball
Place the medicine ball on the floor, holding onto it as you perform a 30-second plank. Ensure your hands are aligned with your shoulders – your core is engaged.
Your abs will feel like they are burning.
4) Lateral lunge
Keep your right heel on the glider.
Then hold your foot out while moving your body down. Repeat on the other side. It targets your glutes.
5) Dumbbell row to triceps extension
Start off in a plank pose, using the dumbbells.
Bring the left elbow of the hand holding the weight up toward the ceiling, extending toward the back. For each side, do 10 reps.
6) Shoulder taps
Keep your hips squared from a plank position.
Then start tapping your shoulders with opposite hands.
7) Side planks
Rest on your side before you put weight on the forearm.
Keep your hips up high, holding the opposite arm up. Place the same hand on your head before using the same elbow to reach toward your abs.
8) Overhead slams with a medicine ball
You need a medicine ball for this move. Keep arms straight overhead with your legs shoulder-width apart. Slam the medicine ball down on each side.
9) Torso rotation with resistance band
Bend your legs so your knees are locks. Arms are held straight out.
Do torso rotation by holding onto the resistance band pulling across your body and keeping your core tight.
10) Squat with row and bicep curls with a resistance band
Use the resistance bands and squat down. As you are coming up, curl, as you bring the band toward your body.
11) Triceps extensions with a resistance band
Stand with your back toward the resistance band. Reach for the band and bring it straight overhead past your face.
12) Unwind and relax with MiHIGH
Spend about 15 minutes in the MiHIGH Sauna Blanket.
See what its benefits are here.
Jennifer Lopez’s Diet
Jennifer knows that a comprehensive workout plan is all about exercising and of course, nutrition.
So her diet concentrates on wholesome foods, as well as being properly hydrated.
She sees to it that she steers clear of processed foods. Her diet has been designed for her to stay strong and healthy despite a hectic lifestyle.
She eats nutrient-dense food and organic choices. Caffeine and alcohol are restricted. J.Lo emphasizes these for her diet:
- She emphasizes protein as it promotes a feeling of fullness
- Snacks between meals are nuts, fruits, and veggies
- She drinks at least 7 glasses of water each day
- Jennifer allows herself to ‘cheat’ one day a week.
This is what Jennifer usually eats in a day:
- Protein: Mostly she chooses lean proteins. She will eat white turkey meat, egg whites, white chicken breast, grass-fed beef, and pork.
- Fish: She will eat mainly omega-3 fatty acid-rich fish. Examples are salmon and sea bass.
- Green veggies: She eats spinach and kale, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Complex carbs: She enjoys brown rice, sweet potatoes, quinoa, oatmeal, yams, and rice bread
- Nuts and seeds: Jennifer usually has a handful of nuts a day.
- Dairy: Greek yogurt
- Fruits: She has strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- Healthy fats: extra-virgin olive oil
She drinks plenty of water and avoids processed foods altogether. She also avoids foods that contain gluten such as bread, pasta, and other gluten-rich foods.
When she does crave something sweet, it will be sugar-free products. Since her diet is not 100% restrictive, every now and then she will eat a cookie or some ice cream – all in moderation!
Jennifer’s type of diet offers certain health benefits
1) Could aid weight loss
Even though Jennifer’s diet is not a weight loss diet per se, if you follow her diet plan, it could help you lose weight and look good too.
This is because her type of diet lowers inflammation as it emphasizes veggies, fruits, olive oil, fish, and wholegrain cereals.
And of course, her diet is complemented with a mix of aerobic and weightlifting workouts.
Jennifer’s diet is balanced, promoting the intake of nutrient-rich and wholesome foods.
Her food intake includes foods from all the food groups. It limits processed foods which are usually high in sodium, sugar, and unhealthy fats.
As her diet is not 100% restrictive, it allows her to cheat one day a week.
This makes it more sustainable Lopez’s diet promotes a healthy eating pattern.
- Whey Protein Powders
- Daily Multivitamins
- Collagen Peptides
Her Noteworthy Recommendations
Read each one of her recommendations in detail here:
- Always stay hydrated and limit alcohol and caffeine
- Try a ‘no carbs, no sugar challenge’
- Stick to lean proteins, vegetables, complex carbs, and water
- Eat organic and avoid fried or processed foods
- Overcome cravings by eating protein and smart snacking
- Don’t try to be perfect – allow one cheat each week
- Never skip a workout
- Mix up your exercise routine
- Try J. Lo’s go-to moves
- Take care of your skin by getting regular facials and wearing sunscreen
- Meditate and get plenty of rest
That’s why you’re so on top of your game, thanks, Jennifer!
“I eat right and exercise! I put in the work like everyone else” – Jennifer Lopez