Kevin Hart became famous when he became a stand-up comic.
He has gone on to feature in many movies where his talent is portrayed.
These are movies like Get Hard, Last Night, and Central Intelligence, to name a few.
- Can you believe that he was already doing stand-up comedy work just after graduating from high school?
He was using his humor to cover the pain of his childhood and it paid off for him.
He was also mentored and guided by the veteran comedian, Keith Robinson.
He migrated to big clubs in Los Angeles and New York, and released a stand-up album too; I’m a Grown Little Man.
He did a tour in 2011, called Laugh at My Pain which grossed $15 million!
Since those days, he has had some big Hollywood successes. From his first marriage, he had two children.
Later, he married Eniko Parrish, a model, and they had a son in 2017 and in 2020 a daughter. He lives with his wife and kids in Calabasas, California.
Kevin Hart’s Workout & Diet – All You Need to Know
- Weight: 64 kg./141 pounds
- Birthday: 6 July 1979
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Acapulco Black Film Festival
- 2014 – Artist of the Year – ‘This is the End’, ‘Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain’, and ‘Grudge Match’
- 2012 – Best Actor in Kevin Hart: Laugh At My Pain
- 2019 – International Star of the Year
- 2015 – Comedy Star of the Year
Image Awards (NAACP)
- 2015 – Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series – Real Husbands of Hollywood
- 2014 – Entertainer of the Year Award
Kids’ Choice Awards, USA
- 2018 – BFFs (Best Friends Forever) in Central Intelligence (shared)
- 2014 – Blimp Award – Favorite Funny Star
MTV Movie + TV Awards
- 2015 – Comedic Genius Award
People’s Choice Awards, USA
- 2019 – Favorite Comedic Movie Actor
- 2016 – Favorite Comedic Movie Actor
Teen Choice Awards
- 2018 – Choice Summer Movie Star: Male – in Central Intelligence
- 2016 – Choice Movie Actor: Comedy in Ride Along
The Webby Awards
- 2021 – Video – Best Web Personality/Host in Kevin Hart’s Cold as Balls
- 2019 – Video – Best Web Personality/Host in Kevin Hart’s Cold as Balls
Walk of Fame Star
- 2016 – Live Performance
YouTube Creator Awards
- 2018 – YouTube Creator Reward
Workout Principles of Kevin Hart
Kevin Hart has always believed in training hard. He regularly posts clips about his “Hustle Hard” workouts on social media.
He believes firmly in workout principles that self-improve.
He’s even got his own web series about fitness on YouTube.
It’s called What the Fit. He tries out different workouts and sports with his famous friends.
When it came to the move, Borderlands, Kevin stepped up his fitness regime. In this movie, he had to play the role of a soldier.
He was very proud of the results, showing off his buff bod on Instagram.
He trained with the Navy SEALs, among other things, to get his good-looking physique.
He had to step into the world of real action – navy seal training, weapon training and hand-to-hand combat.
According to him, it is not possible for anyone to achieve their desired fitness in just one day. It requires a strong will and plenty of patience.
You have to push the limits and challenge yourself every day.
Kevin Hart’s Training Methods
- He starts with sit-throughs – it was once recommended by Chris Hemsworth (actor).
- Then he follows with dumbbell butterfly curls which work his chest, back, and shoulders.
- After that he will move on to chin-ups, great for the arms, and basically his whole upper body. He had a nasty accident back in 2019 and the fact that he is doing these now shows how fantastically he has recovered.
- He will follow with some ab crunchers and some triceps dips. He will finish off his training sessions with some more ab work and seated dumbbell biceps curls.
Kevin Hart’s Workout Routine
Kevin Hart likes getting an early start to his day. His day starts at 5:30 am.
It allows him to be energized and refreshed throughout the day.
His workout routine includes exercises performed with free weights, machines, as well as body weights.
His workout routine is totally holistic – being targeted towards strength building, muscle gaining, and improving his cardiovascular health.
He trains 6-7 times a week.
Monday: Chest and Arms
- 8-10 reps of inclined dumbbell bench-presses – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of Triceps overhead extensions – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of Chest Flys – 3 sets
- 3 Sets of dips to failure
- 8-10 reps of barbell bench presses – 3 sets
- Planks – 3 sets of about 90 seconds a set
Kevin likes an early start, so will go for a run most days. He chooses between a short distance run at high speed or a 5-10 mile run.
Wednesday: Legs and shoulders
This is an area that guys need to concentrate on so that their legs don’t end up too thin and their upper body too big in comparison.
- 8-10 reps of Military presses – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of Lateral raises – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of Arnold presses – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of hamstring raises – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of Leg presses – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of calf raises in leg press machine – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of back squats – 3 sets
- Side planks – 2-3 sets each side at 90 seconds a set
Kevin will get on the rowing machine for around 20 minutes. Ten he might switch over to the elliptical for a further 20 minutes.
Those people who want to control their BMI can add another 20 minutes on the stationary bike or treadmill.
Friday: Back and Arms
- 8-10 reps of dumbbell rows – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of dumbbell curls – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of Sumo deadlift high pulls – 3 sets
- Kettlebell swings – To failure – 3 sets
- 8-10 reps of deadlifts – 3 sets
CrossFit is a great way to do some cardio and compound exercises at the same time.
Kevin needs to rest today considering this heavy routine.
It allows his muscles to recover fully. He knows that rest doesn’t mean sitting around, it’s going for leisurely walks to keep his blood flowing going for recovery.
Kevin Hart’s Diet
All his workouts wouldn’t work for Kevin if he didn’t concentrate on what he eats. And that is very important to him. It all starts with diet macros.
Kevin has a well-planned diet that focuses heavily on protein. In 2020, Kevin told Joe Rogan that he has switched to a plant-based diet. He said he no longer ate animal products.
He said it gives him more energy and vibrancy.
Here’s what a typical day of eating for Kevin looks like:
- A bowl of berries and other fruits
- A protein shake or a protein bar
- Coconut curry with lentils and beans
- Steamed veggies
- A bowl of leafy fresh greens
- A protein shake
- Unsalted nuts
- Stir-fried brown rice
- A bowl of salad with avocado and olive oil
Kevin Hart’s Supplements
- Hemp protein powder
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Multivitamins and minerals
Kevin Hart bought into the company Nutrabolt – he will serve as a brand ambassador for the product.
Kevin says, “This isn’t a promo opportunity. This isn’t just an ambassador play. This isn’t one foot in, one foot out. This is really about merging my real lifestyle with a product that I genuinely use.”
Kevin Hart’s Noteworthy Recommendations
He says he is trying the whole plant-based thing because it gives him more energy and vibrancy.
The accident in 2019 almost left Kevin paralyzed – he had three spinal fractures.
But he persevered and continued to put fitness at the top of each day.
“Anything in life where you can start from a ground-zero-like perspective, and get to watch your progress, find new measures of happiness step by step, and get to a point of success—that’s a big bonus.”
Kevin practices positivity.
He surrounds himself with people whom he loves. Here are his recommendations for success:
- Surround yourself with greatness
- Be positive
- Stay true always to your dreams and what you believe in
- Be happy
- Embrace your life
- Have plenty of energy
- Be charismatic
- Don’t offend people
- Study to be successful
“If you give up at the first sign of struggle, you are not really ready to be successful” – Kevin Hart