Rob McElhenney is an Irish American producer, screenwriter, and actor on his hit comedy “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.”
Even though his mom and dad’s marriage ended when he was only 7, he was kept grounded by the all-boys Catholic school that he attended. He credits this for making him so successful.
After school, he didn’t go to college but moved to New York, where he started acting.
Even at the age of 18 he looked very young and so got a lot of commercial roles playing young kids.
But eventually, he got his first real acting job away from the commercials, with Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford.
He moved to Los Angeles and has made plenty of Hollywood history since then.
Here's What's In Store For You...
Rob McElhenney Workout & Diet – How Did Mac Get Jacked?
Workout Principles of Rob McElhenney
Use Rob McElhenney’s workout principles to get ripped like he did, in his own words:
- “Lift weights six days a week, stop drinking alcohol.”
- “Don’t eat anything after 7 pm.”
- “Don’t eat any carbs or sugar at all; in fact, don’t eat anything you love.”
- “Have a studio pay for the whole thing over a six to seven-month span.”
- “I don’t know why everyone is not doing this.”
- “Sleep – the easiest way to lose weight.”
- “Run 3 miles a day – and if you cannot run, at least start walking 30 minutes a day.”
- “Most importantly, change the habits that make you fat, and you will dramatically change your body.”
Mac’s Training Methods
- Stick to an intense workout plan and an intense diet to shed weight
- He finds exercise meditative: He said about his workouts, “Even if I was in pain for that hour or ten seconds, that’s when I didn’t feel anything other than the moment itself. That itself becomes a drug, where you want to chase that because it feels like it’s when you’re truly living.”
- He plays golf: Rob says that this sport does present a challenge for him because of his current physique. Playing golf is the total opposite of lifting heavyweight. “You have to become less muscular and more flexible. So I’m going to start doing a lot more yoga, a lot more Pilates.”
- He will have cheat days: “If I don’t have whatever that thing is for people—that cookie, that pizza, or that Manhattan I like to drink every single night—I will be miserable. And I know that about myself. So that’s actually a sustainable lifestyle for me.”
Rob McElhenney’s Workout Routine
Rob McElhenney’s Diet
We’re gonna give it to you as Rob says it because then you will understand it!
Rob McElhenney’s Supplements and Recommendations
Recommendations of Rob McElhenney
Rob McElhenney has spoken openly about difficult it was to reach the heights he’s reached to lose weight.
But he did it, slimming down and getting jacked.
For over 6 months, he spent nearly every day totally upending his life. He dedicated himself completely to his goal of rebuilding his body.
From day one, he changed his diet and habits to become slimmer, stronger, and more cut.
Anyone can see that getting to look like Rob is not easy. He leveraged his amazing wealth and focus to improve his body to get to where he is now.
And still, he couldn’t buy his way to fitness – it required sweat and very hard work to get the results he did. You go, Rob!
‘Regardless of your metabolism, if you stop consuming so many calories, you will lose weight.’ – Rob McElhenney