Shia Saide LaBeouf is an actor from the U.S.A. He is also a filmmaker and performance artist.
When he was a child, he got a role in Even Stevens, a Disney Channel series.
For that, in 2001, he received a Young Artist Award nomination.
Then in 2003, he won a Daytime Emmy Award.
Shia started his career by doing stand-up comedy in his neighborhood. One day he saw his friend acting on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
He knew he wanted to also become an actor. The very next day he was looking for an agent.
He found one and did a stand-up routine for the agent, and they signed him up. He never looked back after his first acting roles. Then he was cast in the Transformers series.
He lives in Sherman Oaks, California.
He got engaged to his girlfriend Mia Goth in 2016, and then came together again, but apparently, they parted company again in January 2021.
Shia Labeouf’s Workout & Diet – All About His Weight Loss Plans
- Weight: 72 kg/158 pounds
- Birthday: 11 June 1986
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, USA
- ‘2008 – Rising Star Award’
American Documentary Film Festival and Film Fund
- ‘2018 – Seeing the Bigger Picture Aware for #TAKEMEANYWHERE (shared)’
Daytime Emmy Awards
- ‘2003 – Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series for Even Stevens’
Gijón International Film Festival
- ‘2006 – Best Actor Award for A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (shared)’
Hollywood Film Awards
- ‘2019 – Screenwriter of the Year for Honey Boy’
- ‘2006 – Ensemble of the Year for Bobby (shared)’
Hollywood Reel Independent Film Festival
- ‘2018 – Best Experimental Film for #TAKEMEANYWHERE (shared)’
Marietta International Film Festival
- ‘2018 – Best Director in a Short Film for #TAKEMEANYWHERE (shared)’
Newport International Film Festival, Rhode Island
- ‘2005 – Shorts for Teens for Let’s Love Hate (shared)’
Online Association of Female Film Critics
- ‘2019 – Best Supporting Male for Honey Boy’
- ‘2008 – Scream King for Disturbia’
- ‘2008 – Sci-Fi Start for Transformers’
ShoWest Convention, USA
- ‘2007 – Male Star of Tomorrow’
Sundance Film Festival
- ‘2006 – Special Jury Price – Dramatic – for A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (shared)’
Teen Choice Awards
- ‘2009 – Choice Summer Movie Star: Male for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen’
- ‘2008 – Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’
- ‘2007 – Choice Movie Actor: Horror/Thriller in Disturbia’
- ‘2007 – Choice Movie: Breakout Male for Transformers and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints’
Workout Principles of Shia LaBeouf
For Shia LaBeouf, there aren’t any rest days – his workout principles are all about being on the go all the time.
Every day he will do an hour of cardio sessions.
These are one-hour running sessions to get his metabolism fired up.
Running that is based on time is an excellent way to start any new fitness plan.
It’s not the distance that is so important, but the fact of staying focused on the task, keeping going, pacing yourself all the time.
Distance will increase as fitness levels improve.
Doing seven days of weight training might sound like a lot of hard work for Shia when you are trying to gain some mass.
But it is well planned for him and has good anabolic benefits.
These workout principles mean working one muscle group every day and then allowing maximum recovery time.
Shia’s schedule looks something like this:
His 7-day workouts
- Day 1- Back
- Day 2 – Chest
- Day 3 – Legs
- Day 4 – Plyometric
- Day 5 – Shoulders
- Day 6 – Arms
- Day 7 – Plyometric
The key factor of his workouts is to utilize as many compound exercises as possible.
Compound exercises are the backbone of any muscle-building- based training plan.
Shia LaBeouf’s Training Methods
Shia LaBeouf is no doubt a fitness freak.
Even with his hectic daily schedule, he takes out enough time to dedicate towards his training methods.
His workouts will usually comprise exercises that promote size. But it’s not all about only weight lifting for him.
He prefers to start each of his workouts with 1 hour of cardio.
When he is done cardio, he will then start his weight-training regime. As mentioned above, he will work on one particular muscle group for each day.
This well-structured training program will ensure that his muscles get a sufficient amount of stress to promote growth.
Then he will include plyometric movements as his training method. They are great for enhancing speed and agility.
Shia LaBeouf puts his body and muscle groups through typical bodybuilding style training.
His workouts promote hypertrophy and muscle gains along with burning off excess fat.
Shia LaBououf’s Workout Routine
Day 1 – Back
- Power clean from blocks – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Bent-over barbell rows – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
Day 2 – Chest
- Barbell bench presses – medium grip – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- ‘Incline dumbbell bench presses – 4 sets, 8-10 reps’
- ‘Incline dumbbell flys – 4 sets, 8-10 reps’
Day 3 – Legs
- Leg extensions – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- ‘Lying leg curls – 4 sets, 8-10 reps’
- Barbell squats – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Standing barbell calf raises – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
Day 4 – Plyometric
Note: On this day he would do a full-body workout using plyometric movements.
Day 5 -Shoulders
- Seated barbell shoulder presses – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Arnold presses – Perform with dumbbell or kettlebells – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Seated rear delt flys – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- ‘Side Lateral Raises – 4 sets, 8-10 reps’
Day 6 – Arms
- Barbell Curls – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Seated dumbbell biceps curls – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Triceps dumbbell kickbacks – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Concentration curls – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
- Decline dumbbell triceps extensions – 4 sets, 8-10 reps
Day 7 – Plyometric
Note: It is very important in a training program that you always warm up thoroughly before starting the sets.
Shia LaBeouf’s Diet Plan
When it comes to physically transforming yourself, diet plays an imperative part, along with intense training sessions.
Not feeding your body well you won’t see the results you want. For bulking up for movie roles, Shia LaBeouf followed a strict diet plan.
He gained 15 lbs. of pure muscle for Indiana Jones following a strict diet plan and a well-structured training program.
To do this, he relied on a high-protein, low-fat, high-carb diet.
Foods that he ate are what typically falls in the regular bodybuilding diet chart; things like egg whites, chicken, rice, broccoli, oatmeal, and pasta.
Naturally, he drank adequate amounts of water to keep himself refreshed and hydrated because some of his training sessions lasted three hours! Look how he ate:
- White of 8 eggs
- Protein shake
- Chicken and pasta
- Steak with broccoli and a baked potato
- Protein shake
He would avoid things like dairy products, refined sugar, junk food, processed food, artificial additives, nightshade veggies, and chemical ingredients – all no-no foods.
It took him some time to get used to eating food every two hours or so.
To ensure he got in the right nutrients, he also supplemented with protein shakes.
He would down about 3 or 4 of them every day.
Shia LaBeouf’s Supplements
Apart from his protein shakes, Shia LaBeouf took the following supplements:
- Whey protein powders
- Weight gainers
- Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
- Magnesium and zinc supplements
Shia LaBeouf’s noteworthy recommendations
- You have to eat very healthily if you want to add size like Shia LaBeouf.
- If you are a hard-gainer, let Shia LaBeouf’s diet plan guide you.
- Ensure you eat after every 2.5-3 hours.
- Stay away from junk foods – you end up with a cleaner bulk.
‘Don’t Let Your Dreams Be Dreams’ – Shia LaBeouf