There are many speculations about the effectiveness of testosterone supplements, especially those that do not have supported claims.
In one study published in the European Journal of Endocrinology, men over 65 years old who are using these T-boosters report that these pills made them increase their muscle strength.
However, the effectiveness of these testosterone supplements depends on different factors such as the pharmacodynamics of every ingredient in the preparation or the patient’s response to the drug.
In this article, you will be able to find science-based studies that would make you believe testosterone therapy works.
Also Check Out: Testogen Review – Ingredients, Side Effects & Customer Reviews
Here's What's In Store For You...
Importance of Maintaining Normal T-Levels
As testosterone is considered the primary sex hormone for men, having your testosterone levels fall in the normal range is very important.
A maintained T-level does not only focus on sexual health but also keeps your overall health optimal.
According to the Integrative Medicine Book, some of the importance of having enough testosterone in your body include the following:
- Regulated sex drive
- Increased bone mass and strength
- Proper fat distribution
- Increased muscle mass and strength
But, how would you know if your T-levels are maintained?
One of the best ways to check if you have low testosterone levels is by regularly having a blood test.
A blood test can tell you not only if you have low T-levels but also when you have other medical health conditions.
For example, according to a study of a medical doctor from Australia, a dramatic decline in your testosterone levels may be a sign of cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease.
Effectiveness of T-Boosters
Talking about the effectiveness of testosterone supplements requires a lot of science-based data.
Because relying on the claims of a company alone may cause you to believe deceiving information.
1) Testosterone Therapy and Sperm Count
According to a study published in the World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, testosterone therapy can increase not just your testosterone levels but also your sperm count.
In this study, patients who are testosterone deficient were able to increase their sperm profile by up to 34.82%.
2) Increased Fertility
In relation to the data above, it was also reported that testosterone can increase fertility.
It does not mean that when you have high levels of testosterone you can already become fertile.
Fertility is related to sperm motility and in the study of medical doctors from Thailand, testosterone supplementation can indeed increase sperm motility.
In the same study, it was reported that patients who used testosterone hormone replacement therapy were able to achieve a 20% increase in sperm motility and viability, or the ability of sperm to live.
3) Reduce sexual dysfunctions
One of the main reasons why patients dive into the use of testosterone hormone therapy is because of their sexual disabilities.
According to a study of medical doctors from Texas, testosterone treatment is effective in reducing risks of erectile dysfunction and can increase the libido of a man.
In fact, a study published in the Journal of Family Practice reveals testosterone pills can also increase or improve the libido of postmenopausal women.
Moreover, in the same study, increased libido in men and women may also increase their wellbeing.
Different Ways to Take Testosterone
Patients who want to undergo a testosterone hormone replacement may choose from different administration ways. Some of these include:
- Injectable testosterone therapy
- Supplements or pills
- Transdermal testosterone
- Intranasal testosterone replacement
- Pellets (being planted under the skin)
Take note that the best administration way for you can be determined by a medical doctor.
For this reason, it is advised to seek medical help to get more information about your treatment option.
Testogen Is Your Answer!
Indeed, having enough testosterone levels is essential for your body.
Moreover, thinking about the effectiveness of testosterone therapy may be confusing especially when data without any claims are what you are only reading.
Therefore, when you want to undergo a testosterone replacement, you have to make sure that the product offers a science-based claim, depending on what medical condition you would like to use the product for.
Lastly, if you are already determined to receive this testosterone treatment, you have to choose the best way of administering the medication.
A medical doctor or a healthcare professional can help you choose one that can fit your health needs.
- Rakel, D. (2017). Integrative medicine-E-book. Elsevier health sciences.
- Saad, F., Aversa, A., Isidori, A. M., Zafalon, L., Zitzmann, M., & Gooren, L. (2011). Onset of effects of testosterone treatment and time span until maximum effects are achieved. European Journal of Endocrinology, 165(5), 675.
- Rizk, P. J., Kohn, T. P., Pastuszak, A. W., & Khera, M. (2017). Testosterone therapy improves erectile function and libido in hypogonadal men. Current opinion in urology, 27(6), 511.
- Sankhwar, S. N., & Goel, A. (2018). ASSESS THE EFFICACY OF FUROSAP®, A TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER SUPPLEMENT, IN HUMAN VOLUNTEERS: AN ADD-ON STUDY.
- Shah, K., & Montoya, C. C. (2007). Do testosterone injections increase libido for elderly hypogonadal patients?. Clinical Inquiries, 2007 (MU).
- Thanaboonyawat, I., Chantrapanichkul, P., Petyim, S., Kaewjunun, C., Laokirkkiat, P., & Choavaratana, R. (2017). Application of testosterone supplementation in semen to improve sperm motility in asthenozoospermic males. Archives of gynecology and obstetrics, 296(3), 589-596.
- Yeap, B. B. (2009). Are declining testosterone levels a major risk factor for ill-health in aging men?. International journal of impotence research, 21(1), 24-36.
You Might Like: TestoPrime Testosterone Booster Review