Kelly Ripa is from the USA.
She is an actress, a talk show host, a dancer, and a television producer.
Most women and men watch the Live with Kelly and Ryan show; particularly when it comes to fashion, dance, and diet, and Kelly is such an excellent advert!
She started her career first as a dancer – at age 3, she was already a keen ballet dancer.
Only in 1986 did she have her first exposure to television in the program Dancin’ On Air.
People also identify her name to the ABC soap opera, All My Children, because that’s when her career took off, both personally and professionally.
It’s also where she met her husband, Mark Consuelos, who happened to be her on-screen husband in All My Children. Kelly was in the series right from 1990 to 2002.
She and her husband, Mark, have three kids and live in a posh penthouse in Manhattan on East 76th Street.
Over the years, Kelly Ripa has gained fame and fortune with all her talents as a television personality and through acting.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Kelly Ripa’s Workout & Diet – What Does He Eat?
- Workout Principles of Kelly Ripa
- Kelly Ripa’s Training Methods
- Kelly Ripa’s Workout Routine
- Kelly Ripa’s Diet Plan
- Kelly Ripa’s Supplements
- Kelly Ripa’s noteworthy recommendations
Kelly Ripa’s Workout & Diet – What Does He Eat?
- Weight: 50 kg. /110 lbs.
- Birthday: 2 October 1970
- Birthplace: Stratford, New Jersey, United States
Daytime Emmy Awards
- 2019 – ‘Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host for Live with Kelly and Ryan (shared)’
- 2019 – ‘Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host for Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (shared)’
- 2016 – ‘Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host for Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (shared)’
- 2015 – ‘Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host for Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (shared)’
- 2012 – ‘Outstanding Talk Show Host for Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (shared)’
- 2012 – ‘Outstanding Talk Show Hose for Live with Regis and Kathie Lee (shared)’
- 2006 – ‘Outstanding Special Class Special for Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade (shared’)
New York International Independent Film & Video Festival
- 1999 – ‘Best Actress in The Stand-In’
Soap Opera Digest Awards
- 2000 – ‘Outstanding Younger Lead Actress for All My Children’
- 1998 – ‘Hottest Romance in All My Children (shared)’
- 1996 – ‘Outstanding Younger Leading Actress for All My Children’
Walk of Fame
- 2015 – ‘Television’
Workout Principles of Kelly Ripa
Kelly’s workout principles include lots of core work, strength training, and yoga.
She has had a training partner, Kaiser, who was once a former dancer and who is also the founder of the AKT fitness studio in New York.
Kelly is proof of how Kaiser’s workouts have worked.
One of Kelly’s principles is to really enjoy her workouts because then it keeps her consistent and committed – she commits to working out at the studio four to five days a week with around 60-90 minute sessions.
Because she loves dancing, she focuses a lot on dance, combining it with circuit training and functional training.
As for ballet, she and Kaiser do arm workouts on the ballet bar, including pushing off the bar and pulses.
Resistance band exercises are also part of Kelly’s routine.
All the exercises she does work her full core – abs, back, ad butt.
One fave exercise which does engage her entire core is the stability ball knee tucks.
Kelly Ripa’s Training Methods
- She likes to keep active even on vacation; like doing yoga and paddleboarding.
- She enjoys varying her workouts, incorporating different fitness forms into her routine such as power yoga and SoulCycle.
- Kelly says, “There are a lot of people that don’t have to work out, and I am so happy for them, but I have to work out for my body type. It’s part of my routine. It’s part of my ritual. It doesn’t just make me look better, but it makes me emotionally feel better.”
- During the pandemic, Kelly got into Isaac Boots’ Torch’d workouts. These are about dance conditioning, body resistance, and target repetition to firm and tone the body. In fact, Kelly and Ryan Seacrest did a workout with Isaac on Live with Kelly and Ryan and you guessed right, Kelly owned it!
- Kelly also runs one day a week.
Kelly Ripa’s Workout Routine
Kelly works out at Kaiser’s studio four to five times a week.
Class one is AKT Dance
This is a 60-minute choreographed cardio dance class, and it stays the same for three weeks so clients can see their progress.
Class two is AKT Bands
This is making use of high-powered cardio moves. There are resistance bands hung from overhead bars.
Class three is AKT Toning
This class is for non-impact, toning exercises where you get in a good workout even without a whole lot of sweat.
Class four is the AKT Circuit
Kelly finds this class the most challenging. It uses cardio moves and weighted props. Some people think that the AKT Dance classes are even harder, but it could be all about rhythm.
Class five is the AKT Mixer
This class incorporates something of everything so you feel like you are getting a full-body workout
Can you believe that Kelly has been conquering these sessions at Kaiser’s for over 10 years now? – Obviously, they work!
Kelly Ripa’s Diet Plan
Kelly follows a mostly plant-based diet.
But still, let’s have a look at Kelly’s kind of day as far as her eating and dieting goes – in combination with her workouts:
- She says the minute she wakes up in the morning, she takes a glass of water.
- Then she has what is called Get Off Your Acid Daily Greens, a green powder with spirulina, kale, and spinach; mixed into water.
- Pre-Breakfast: Kelly loves a large cup of coffee with ghee. At this time, she will also down some Persona supplements such as a foundational vitamin, a multivitamin, probiotic, and ginger.
- Breakfast – but only after filming Live with Kelly and Ryan: Kelly says, “I don’t have any sort of chewing food before I talk on the air. After filming is done, she has a green apple cut up. Then she bakes 2-tablespoons of almond butter with a teaspoon of cinnamon. She blends it all up and eats it like porridge.
- Then she heads out to her exercise session
- Brunch: She says she will have a big salad consisting of microgreens with nuts and avocado on top. Other nuts she enjoys are pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and cashews.
- Dinner: She says she usually has a smaller version of the above salad, but now she will have either mixed grilled greens or whatever’s in season – she enjoys eating in-season veggies. A bit of plant protein will be mixed in there, like grilled tofu; sometimes some sort of
- Kelly has snacks: “I have handfuls of nuts, lots of raw cashews, lots of raw almonds, lots of raw pistachios. I never eat more than a handful, but I have several handfuls a day.”
- She says that cheat meals aren’t really her thing: “On my birthday, will I have cake? Of course…. I’m not a monster. At Christmas, do I eat cookies? Yes, I’m a human being.” People often ask her what she indulges in and she says she adores chocolate-covered cashews or almonds because she believes there is still something healthy in there.
- Bedtime routine: She says that just before bed, she has a cup of ginger turmeric tea. Then she has more Persona supplements. She says she has started incorporating a CBD supplement into her diet.
- Kelly doesn’t drink alcohol: She said she stopped this in 2017 – she and her girlfriends did a sober month together, and she says she just never went back to it. This has also helped her maintain her really slim physique.
- She likes protein bars: She told Good Housekeeping that after work she often enjoys some flaxseed snacks and a protein bar.
- On Sunday, Kelly says it’s a full-on hot breakfast, not fat-free, but delicious. She says that for the most part, she and Mark, her husband, have very clean diets, but they do love cream in their coffee! And she says “I try not to have too much cheese or too many high-fat foods, even though I love them. She says, “I would love nothing more than to have pizza and French fries every day, but I try to limit those treats to once a week.” Here’s a bit more of what she eats in a day.
Kelly Ripa’s Supplements
Kelly Ripa is the ambassador of personalized vitamin program Persona. See about Persona above. She calls her personalized Persona supplements “foundational vitamins.”
Kelly Ripa’s noteworthy recommendations
Share Kelly’s 7-step recommendations as provided to her by her nutritionist, Dr. Daryl Gioffre, an anti-inflammation expert.
1) Dehydrated Green Juice Powder
This kick-starts Kelly’s immune system – all year round.
2) Liposomal Vitamin C
Dr. Gioffre recommends Kelly takes 1,500 mg of Vitamin C every day, a very powerful antioxidant.
3) Black Seed Oil
Even though Dr. Gioffre loves vitamin C, he says black seed oil is even more powerful for protecting immunity – the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory.
4) Bioactive Silver Hydrosol, or colloidal silver.
It’s a natural antibiotic, having antibacterial and antiviral properties.
He says 15 sprays in the mouth and five up the nasal area because that’s where pathogens hang out before entering the body.
Just be aware that in 1999 the FDA warned against colloidal silver for treating any diseases or conditions.
5) Vitamin D3
Dr. Gioffre says that adults should get in around 5,000 IU a day to fight infection.
6) Eat a High-Alkaline Diet
Dr. Gioffre says that “Most of us are pumping up our bodies with acidic foods such as sugar, grains, dairy, processed foods, coffee.” Add on emotional stress and you have the recipe for immune disaster. He recommends you eat a high alkaline diet.
Dr. Gioffre says that exercise and movement are critical for a healthy immune system.
“Don’t count the days, make the days count” – Kelly Ripa