Sometimes, even if you bathe every day and give yourself good hygiene, you might still experience dermal infections.
As cited in the Journal of The American Academy of Dermatology, the global prevalence rate of skin disease in 2019 is around 95% and this accounts for 750 million individuals.
If these statistics are high, can over-the-counter creams treat skin fungal infections? If so, what are the best antifungal creams?
Here's What's In Store For You...
- The 5 Best Creams For Fungal Infections On The Market
- 1) Best for Ringworm Fungal Infection: PHYTOZINE Antifungal Treatment
- 2) Best for Nail Fungus: Clavusin Nail Fungus Relief
- 3) Best for Fungal Symptoms: Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment
- 4) Best Liquid For Fungal Infection: Funginix Nail Fungus Treatment
- 5) Best Oral Drug for Fungal Infection: Urgent Fungus Destroyer
- How to Prevent Fungal Skin Infections
- How to Treat Fungal Infections Naturally
- Common Prescription Medications for Fungal Infections
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Strongest Antifungal Creams at a Glance
The 5 Best Creams For Fungal Infections On The Market
The first on the list of topical antifungal medications is the antifungal medication Phytozine Antifungal Treatment. If you are looking for an antifungal cream to manage your ringworm infection, this product might be suitable for you.
The Phytozine Antifungal Treatment works by reducing the inflammations of the dermis. It prevents the fungal bacteria from being fed on keratin and it prevents the fungi from thriving.
Because fungi live on warm and moist surfaces, this product keeps the dermis away from heat and moisture so that the fungi will not be able to live.
Furthermore, according to the company, this cream is a fast-acting treatment for infections. It is an antifungal cream that is made from organic ingredients and minerals.
The active ingredient of this cream is Tolnaftate and according to the National Library of Medicine, this substance is both fungicidal and fungistatic. This means that it can kill the fungi and stop the fungal growth.
Other ingredients of Phytozine Antifungal Treatment include the following:
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Avena Kernel Extract
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
- Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract
- Propolis Extract
- Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter
- Tea tree, Lavender, Jasmine, and Clove Leaf Oil
Although this cream is generally used to treat ringworms, it can also be used to:
- Treat athlete’s foot
- Treat jock itch
One of the best things when buying this cream is that the company offers a 100% 60-day money-back guarantee.
Also, when you buy 2 bottles, you will get one free bottle. Usually, one bottle will last for a month. So, buying more can help you save a lot of money.
Based on the reviews of many users, this product is worth the buy!
- The Phytozine Antifungal Treatment is a fast-acting topical ointment.
- Phytozine Antifungal Treatment is an FDA-approved antifungal medicine.
- Made from natural, safe, and effective ingredients.
- Compared to oral antifungal medications like Lamisil tablets, this product causes no severe side effects.
- Although the bottle of this cream is small, one bottle can already last for a month.
- According to some users, the Phytozine Antifungal Treatment is not effective in treating the ringworms on the scalp.
One of the common fungal skin infections is nail fungus or tinea unguium.
According to the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Healthcare, the prevalence rate of this condition is around 3% to 12%, and older people are more likely to be affected than younger ones.
If you are experiencing this disease, and you just can’t find antifungal medicines that can help you out, you might want to consider the Clavusin Nail Fungus Relief.
According to the company, although tinea unguium, caused by candida infections, is only a superficial condition, it can still be more damaging than you know.
Generally, this product works by helping the dermis get rid of any contagious germs and providing the nails the nutrient it needs.
Since it is made from natural ingredients, it comes with no possible side effects. It reduces the thickness, brittleness, and crumbliness of the toes. Some of the ingredients include:
- Plantago ovata
- Bentonite clay
- Glucomannan root
- Black walnut
Sometimes, users with ugly nails and other nail infections also use this product. This means that it does not only help you get rid of sepsis but also improves the appearance of your nails.
Moreover, although it is mainly used to treat fungal infections in the nails, it can also be used for treating athlete’s foot and other yeast infections like tinea versicolor.
If you want healthy, strong, and smooth nails, and no medicines work for you or you do not want to consider nail removal surgery or antifungal injections, it is about time for you to try this one.
When you buy from the official website, you will get a 10% discount and the company also offers a 100% 60-day money-back guarantee in case the product does not work for you.
- According to some successfully-treated users, this product is more effective than other antifungal medicines like Lamisil tablets and Lamisil sprays.
- Reduces nail pain and smell.
- Natural solution to prevent nail discoloration and restore the healthy pink color of the nails.
- The product is FDA-approved and is manufactured in a GMP-certified facility.
- Promotes proper oxygen supply and blood supply in the body.
- Speeds up the healing of nails, dermis, and hair.
- The product can only be bought from the official website.
If you are looking for antifungal medicines that can help you relieve your general fungal issues, you might want to consider the Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment.
These fungal issues include the following:
- Redness or rash
Usually, these signs are seen in severe conditions. Also, the product effectively treats:
- Athlete’s foot
- Jock itch
- Tinea versicolor
Moreover, the Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment prevents chafing. It works by lubricating and soothing the dermis to promote its healing effects.
According to the company, Summers Laboratories, Inc., the Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment has a unique formula. The active ingredient of this product is miconazole and aside from miconazole, other ingredients include:
- White petrolatum
- Zinc oxide
- Corn starch
- Anhydrous lanolin
- Stearyl alcohol
- Polysorbate 80
As one of the antifungal medicines, the Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment works by preventing the growth of the fungal bacteria on the dermis.
Take note that this product only works on the dermis. If you want to address the inflammation or injury in your mouth, you can try some oral antibiotics like clotrimazole oral gel or miconazole oral gel.
It is easy to use this product.
All you have to do is to apply a generous amount of the ointment on the affected body area once or twice a day for two to four weeks.
But, take note that this product must not be applied to open wounds. There are also other disadvantages which will be discussed later on.
According to the company, this topical medicine may cause dryness and peeling. These two are normal.
- Instantly stops itching and redness or rash.
- Suitable for those with eczema and sensitive skin.
- The ointment is thick and stays in the dermis for a long period.
- Dermatologist-recommended for protecting the dermis from the heat.
- The Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment is contraindicated to some patients including pregnant and lactating women and those with allergies to miconazole.
If you are tired of using ointments, topical creams, oral antibiotics, or antifungal medicines, you might want to give Funginix Nail Fungus Treatment.
This product is manufactured by Sisquoc Healthcare, Inc., and the company has been in the cosmetic industry since 2006.
This product comes in a liquid formula that works by eliminating the fungal dirt in the nails and keeping the dermis fresh and dry.
Using it is also convenient as you only have to brush a little amount on the nails and their surrounding skin using the applicator brush. But, when applying, take note that you must not use it as nail polish. Focus only on the affected areas.
According to the company, this product shows its effect in as early as two weeks. Its ingredients are also safe and effective. These include:
- 10% Undecylenic acid
- Sweet almond oil
- Oleth-10 phosphate
- Polysorbate 20
- Bearberry extract
- Aloe barbadensis juice
- Vitamin E
- Tea tree, lavender, jasmine, and clove oil
- Theobroma cacao seed butter
- Rosehip flower oil
From these ingredients, you will get the following benefits:
- Reduces itching, burning, and other sensitivities
- Soothes inflamed tissues
- Balances the moisture of the skin and nails
- Destroys free radicals of the dermis
- Gives coolness and comfort to the nails and skin
So far, compared to other antifungal medicines on the list, this is the only one that comes with vitamin E. Also, compared to other antifungals, this is the easiest one to use.
When using this product, avoid getting it into the mouth and nose to prevent unwanted events.
- This product is easy to use.
- The company offers a 100% full refund on unopened bottles as long as you provide them with the receipt.
- Like other creams, this product is not for children under five years old.
- The return process is long compared to other companies. According to some successfully-treated users, it took 60 days for most of them to receive their money.
The last product is one of the best oral antifungal medicines on the market, and the brand is Urgent Fungus Destroyer.
If you do not like the creams, ointments, and solutions, you might want to consider this medication that comes in capsule form.
This product is manufactured by the company Phytage Labs and this company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2011.
It has been over a decade and one of its well-known products is the Tinnitus 911. Since 2011, the company has received thousands of positive reviews from its customers.
With regards to the Urgent Fungus Destroyer, according to the company, it works by inhibiting the growth of the fungal bacteria.
Not only this because this product also protects your immune system.
Moreover, this product is made from all-natural ingredients, making it safe to be used as a daily supplement.
It comes with no possible side effects and it is considered a natural antihistamine. Its ingredients include the following:
- Vitamin C and E
- Red raspberry juice and green tea extract
- Curcumin, cat’s claw powder, garlic, and Panax ginseng powder
- Pine bark, grape seed, olive leaf, and pomegranate extract
- Essiac tea complex
- Mushroom complex
When you use it as a supplement, you must take 2 capsules each day by mouth. One bottle contains 60 capsules.
Thus, a bottle can last for a month already.
According to the company, this product is mainly used to treat nail fungi but it can also be used for other severe conditions.
Also, you will see the best results from using this product within 90 days. But, as early as 7 days, you can already see some improvements.
- Compared to other topical antifungals, this one is the most fast-acting one.
- Comes with antihistamine effects.
- Convenient and easy to use.
- The company offers a 100% 90-day money-back guarantee in case of shipping issues or if you are not satisfied with the product.
- Pregnant women, lactating women, those with other medical conditions, and children below 18 years old cannot use this product.
- Those who are taking other medicines should seek more advice from their healthcare provider or medical doctor.
- This antifungal medicine contains soy.
How to Prevent Fungal Skin Infections
According to the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, there are many topical solutions for fungal infections but there are also many ways to prevent yeast infections.
If you do not one to spend a single penny on these antifungal medicines, you can try the following preventive measures:
- As much as possible, try to avoid sharing your clothes, sports equipment, and other clothing products with others.
- If you think you have been exposed to roundworms or athlete’s foot, you might want to soak your clothes and wash them using hot water.
- As much as possible, avoid walking barefoot. Always wear protective shoes or sandals.
- Always wash your body with antifungal soap or use an antifungal lotion in case you become exposed to fungal infections.
- Consider loose-fitting underwear and socks.
For educational purposes, always remember that yeast favors moist skin. Therefore you must always keep your dermis dry by using drying talc powder.
How to Treat Fungal Infections Naturally
There are many home remedies for most fungal infections. So, if you want to manage or treat them naturally, you can try the following:
- Take yogurt and probiotics
- Consider apple cider vinegar
- Apply some tea tree, coconut, turmeric, or oregano oil to the affected areas
- Mix garlic or ginger with some water and apply it to the affected area
- Consider aloe vera
- Boil some neem leaves and wash the affected area with the neem leaves water
- Apply some raw honey, baking soda, or hydrogen peroxide
Take note that one of the best things to do when you want to prevent fungal infections is by keeping your immune system healthy.
To do this, you can consider taking your daily dose of vitamin C.
Common Prescription Medications for Fungal Infections
Aside from over-the-counter topical medicines, there are also prescription ones. Usually, these are taken with topical medicines in case of severe cases. Some of these include the following:
Take note that these drugs are only prescribed by a medical doctor. Using them without a prescription may cause a risk to your health.
Indeed, fungal infections do not only affect your dermal health but your confidence as well. Although there are medicines that are used to treat fungal infections, there are also at-home remedies.
However, in case you are experiencing some disturbing fungal infections, it is about time to consider antibiotics or antifungal medicine.
If you are looking for an antifungal medication for ringworm, you can try the PHYTOZINE Antifungal Treatment. For nail issues, the best one is Clavusin Nail Fungus Relief. Moreover, if you want to manage general fungal issues, you may want to consider the Triple Paste AF Antifungal Ointment.
If you want an antifungal medicine in the form of a liquid, the Funginix Nail Fungus Treatment is highly recommended, and if you want one that comes in a capsule form, going for the Urgent Fungus Destroyer is a smart choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the usual signs of skin fungus infection?
Patients with a yeast infection may experience redness, irritation, burning, and swelling. Some patients may also feel skin tingling, blisters, and scaly skin.
How long do I have to take antifungal medicines?
Taking antifungal medicines depends on the instruction of a healthcare provider or a medical doctor. Since these are antifungal, healthcare professionals may require you to take these medicines for one to two to four weeks.
What happens if the fungal skin infection is left untreated?
There is a risk once you leave your fungal skin untreated. This might cause your skin to become permanently damaged and this is dangerous because this could also lead to death.