Have you been stressed and anxious lately?
If so, you might consider ayurvedic medicines such as ashwagandha pills.
According to a placebo-controlled study in India, taking ashwagandha supplements for 60 days can reduce 44% of stress and anxiety.
Aside from this, it was also found that these supplements can prevent cancer.
This article will find the best ashwagandha supplements that suit your mental and immune needs.
At a Glance
- Best Overall: Transparent Labs Raw Series Ashwagandha
- Best Powdered Ashwagandha: Apothékary Ashwagandha
Top 7 Ashwagandha Vitamins, Pills & Powders of 2023
1) Best Overall: Transparent Labs Raw Series Ashwagandha
The first on the list of the best ashwagandha supplements is the product Transparent Labs Raw Series Ashwagandha. This is also known as KSM-66 Ashwagandha.
The company associated with the ashwagandha supplies is Ixoreal Biomed. This company has a private ashwagandha farm in India where they sustain a suitable environment to grow the best ashwagandha plant or Withania somnifera, the active compound of the ashwagandha product.
The most wonderful benefit you can get from this product is its mood enhancer effects.
According to the company, this product has a potent dose to enjoy all the therapeutic benefits of the ashwagandha extract.
This product only comes with one active ingredient: the KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract, with a dosage strength of 600 mg per serving. This is also a convenient product as you only have to take one capsule daily.
- It can control stress and reduce anxiety.
- Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Improves mood and cognitive function.
- Promotes healthy metabolic and immune function.
- Supports sexual function.
- No artificial sweeteners, coloring, preservatives, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
- According to some users, itchiness can be experienced on the first use of this ayurvedic medicine.
2) Best for Mental Health: Life Extension Optimized Ashwagandha
The next on the list of the best ashwagandha supplements is the product Life Extension Optimized Ashwagandha.
Life Extension manufactures this product, and the company has been in the health, wellness, and supplement industry since 1980.
Clinical studies state the many ashwagandha health benefits, but this product focuses on mental energy and concentration.
It helps you respond to stress healthily and positively.
Additionally, according to the company, this ashwagandha supplement supports short-term and long-term memory.
The product is extracted from the roots and leaves of the Withania somnifera plant. It contains 32% oligosaccharides per capsule and 10% withanolide glycoside conjugates per capsule.
When you use this product, you get assurance that what you take is pure, potent, and effective.
Each active ingredient is bioavailable and safe to take daily.
- Sharpens the mind and memory and helps in attention and information processing.
- Sourced using raw ingredients and plant cellulose.
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and the company provides a product analysis certificate.
- This product is pure but not as potent as other ashwagandha supplement brands.
- The company only ships in the USA.
3) Best Powdered Ashwagandha: Apothékary Ashwagandha
Most ashwagandha comes in pills or capsules, so if you are looking for an ashwagandha root powder extract, Apothékary Ashwagandha might be what you are looking for!
This organic ashwagandha powder supplement is manufactured by the company Apothékary Inc.
The company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2018.
Apothékary Ashwagandha powder form can give you a daily dose of calm. It can reduce stress levels and build immunity.
It also comes with anti-inflammatory properties.
One great thing about using this powdered ashwagandha is that it can be added to your favorite meals, drinks, or shakes to prevent adrenal fatigue.
When you go to the website, you will get a 10% discount once you subscribe using your email.
- It can enhance mental, physical, and sexual health.
- Comes with antioxidant effects to improve skin health.
- The dose of the ashwagandha root extract is only 30 grams per serving. This ashwagandha content is quite low compared to other herbal supplements.
4) Best Budget-Friendly: Himalaya Ashwagandha Capsules
If you are on a tight budget and still want to experience the benefits of ashwagandha supplements, you might consider the Himalaya Ashwagandha Capsules.
This capsule supplement form was manufactured by the company Himalaya Drug Company. You might not believe this, but this company has been in the health and wellness industry since 1930.
Compared to other ashwagandha supplements, Himalaya Ashwagandha Capsules are the most budget-friendly. You only have to take one capsule a day, and one bottle can last for two months.
Furthermore, Himalaya Ashwagandha Capsules are considered organic. They are gluten-free, non-GMO, and made from pure ashwagandha. This ashwagandha supplement is also considered a complex supplement. The active ingredients include the following:
- Organic ashwagandha root powder
- Organic ashwagandha root extract
- Organic ashwagandha supercritical
Each of these organic ingredients is of high-quality and high-level consistency.
These ingredients of ashwagandha work to promote a healthy mind and body.
According to the company, the soil used in growing the ashwagandha plants is native and organic to preserve the plant’s inherent qualities.
- This organic ashwagandha boosts mental and physical energy.
- Helps in stress management by rejuvenating adrenal function and balancing cortisol levels.
- Supports occasional sleeplessness. Thus, this can be used as a sleeping aid.
- Promotes focus, concentration, and calmness.
- Additive-free, gluten-free, corn-free, soy-free, and dairy-free.
- Comes with no side effects.
- According to some users, it takes some time to see significant improvements. Sometimes, those who suddenly stopped using the supplements became easily agitated.
- Adults can only use this product. Teens and young adults should seek medical advice from a doctor to know if the supplement is safe for their health and how much ashwagandha can be taken.
- Some users report that the tastes of the pills are unpleasant, and some pills are fragile.
5) Best Adaptogenic Herb: ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha
ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha is next on the list of the best ashwagandha products.
This is manufactured by the company Organic India.
Organic India has been in the health and wellness industry since 1980.
Since then, they have received many positive reviews from its customers because of the quality products it produces.
Furthermore, ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha is considered an adaptogen.
It can help the body adapt to physical, mental, and environmental stress.
So, whatever you do and wherever you are, this supplement might be one of your essentials!
The only primary active ingredient of this supplement is ashwagandha extract. Per serving contains 400 mg of the substance.
According to the company, this organic ashwagandha extract also helps prevent colds, flu, and other infections by enhancing the immune system.
- Gluten-free and non-GMO.
- Promotes healthy stress response.
- Boosts energy, endurance, vitality, and strength.
- Enhances sleep quality.
- Reduces chronic fatigue and exhaustion.
- Prevents premature aging, anxiety, and depression.
- Effective in reducing asthma attacks and acid reflux.
- Some users reported headaches during the first use of the supplement, and sometimes, it takes a lot of time for the product to work.
6) Best for Sleep: Tribe Organics Ashwagandha
It is given that ashwagandha pills enhance mental and physical health.
But did you know that these supplements can also enhance sleep quality?
So, for those looking for an ashwagandha supplement to improve sleep, Tribe Organics Ashwagandha might be what you are looking for.
This supplement was manufactured by the company Love Your Tribe. This company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2015.
According to the company, Tribe Organics Ashwagandha suits kids and children.
It is safe for these groups of people to use these supplements daily as they can help strengthen the immunity of a user.
Furthermore, like Transparent Labs Raw Series, this supplement also contains KSM-66 Ashwagandha.
These supplements help the mind and body adapt and maintain balance.
The only difference is that in Tribe Organics Ashwagandha, you have to take at least two capsules a day compared to the Transparent Labs Raw Series where you only have to take one.
- Third-party labs tested for heavy metals.
- Contains no additives, preservatives, dyes, or fillers.
- Fortified with grass-fed milk.
- Boosts immunity, energy levels, and vitality.
- Increases muscle strength and balances stress hormone levels.
- Reduces overall fatigue and muscle recovery time.
- The company offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Those sensitivities to the Solanaceae family may experience skin rashes, itchiness, inflammation, chest pain, agitation, headaches, and nausea.
- Contraindicated to pregnant and lactating women, patients with autoimmune disease, rheumatoid arthritis, adrenal dysfunction, and diabetes.
7) Best Easy-to-Swallow Pills: True Veda Ashwagandha
The last list is for those with trouble swallowing bigger pills or capsules.
This product is called True Veda Ashwagandha, an organic ashwagandha supplement to improve overall health.
True Veda Ashwagandha is manufactured by the company True Veda. This company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2015.
The product is a 100% natural supplement that offers stress relief.
According to the company, it took them 15 years to formulate the True Veda Ashwagandha supplement because they aimed to deliver a full-spectrum extract for you to achieve the maximum health benefits ashwagandha offers.
Also, the company claims that the ashwagandha root extract is 3x more potent than other supplements like ashwagandha pure encapsulations.
Also, True Veda Ashwagandha has been awarded as the Gold Winner for the following:
- Green Parent Natural Beauty Awards 2021
- TasteForLife Essential Supplements Awards – Best Stress Relief 2021
One great thing about the True Veda Ashwagandha supplement is that it is an easy-to-swallow pill. The capsules are tiny and plant-based.
This will make it easier for children, young adults, and the elderly.
Take note that there are other versions of this supplement.
The Turmeric Gold version contains black pepper extract. This should be avoided by those who are allergic to black pepper.
Lastly, the extraction process was done using their unique Natural Fusion Extraction Technology.
No alcohol or harsh solvents were used, just pure water and carbon dioxide.
- Third-party labs tested for heavy metals and other toxic ingredients.
- No artificial ingredients and ancient medicinal herb-inspired formula.
- It helps in reducing stress, fatigue, and burnout.
- It soothes the nervous system and enhances the body’s response to stress.
- Boosts the immune system and prevents premature aging.
- Enhances concentration, memory, and mental clarity.
- It supports cardiovascular health and lowers blood sugar levels.
- According to some users, it takes time for this supplement to work.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Ashwagandha Supplement
You have to consider some factors when evaluating ashwagandha products. These factors will help you optimize your money and will help you find the best ashwagandha supplement that truly suits your health needs.
1) Product Safety
We talk about product safety and the product and possible side effects.
Almost no brands state their side effects, so you have to scan some product reviews.
Users will tell their experience with the product and what side effects they experienced.
Lastly, as much as possible, choose the ones that are third-party tested, contain no artificial additives, have FDA approval, and contain minimal fillers.
The next factor to be considered is how the product was formulated. This means the quality ingredients it offers.
Look if you have allergies to each ingredient or if the formulation contains pure organic ingredients.
Also, you might want to consider the dosages and the price. Is the dose worth the money?
3) Money-Back Guarantee
Lastly, you might also consider if the product offers a money-back guarantee.
Keep in mind that those companies that offer this feature are sure of the product’s effectiveness.
Also, if there is a money-back guarantee, you can get back your money if you report product issues or the product does not work for you.
Indeed, ashwagandha supplements promote benefits not just to the brain but also to physical health.
Since there are many best ashwagandha supplements on the market, you must know which can tick all the boxes.
If you are looking for a potent one, you can try Transparent Labs Raw Series Ashwagandha.
On the other hand, if you want to focus on your mental health, Life Extension Optimized Ashwagandha can be an option.
If you prefer an ashwagandha root powder extract, Apothékary Ashwagandha is highly suggested, and if you are having trouble swallowing bigger pills, you can consider True Veda Ashwagandha.
If you are on a tight budget, Himalaya Ashwagandha Capsules will work.
There is also an adaptogenic herb called ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha, but if you want to focus on your sleep, Tribe Organics Ashwagandha would be better.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do ashwagandha supplements come with side effects?
Generally, ashwagandha supplements are safe and effective. However, during the first use, some patients may experience headaches and mild gastrointestinal disturbances.
Who is contraindicated to ashwagandha pills?
Ashwagandha supplements are contraindicated to pregnant and lactating women, patients with auto-immune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, adrenal dysfunction, and diabetes.
Can children use an ashwagandha supplement?
This depends on the pill. Even if the product is the best ashwagandha supplement, it may not be used by young adults and children. Anyhow, some ashwagandha supplements are safe to be used by patients below 18 years old.