Anyone keen on building muscle mass knows the importance of protein.
Muscles are made of protein, so a high protein intake is crucial for optimal muscle growth and the development of muscle cells.
While there are various dietary protein sources, taking protein supplements is the most effective solution for increasing your regular protein consumption.
Therefore, pure creatine and pure creatine monohydrate are some of the most beneficial nutritional supplements for enhancing muscle gains.
Creatine supplements don’t just help with increasing muscle development, but they also improve athletic performance, exercise performance, endurance performance, and muscle strength and help recover muscle damage.
Similarly, pure creatine monohydrate supplements contain a single creatine molecule coupled with one water molecule, and this micronized creatine monohydrate powder is deemed the best type of creatine supplementation.
Many different types of creatine supplements are paired with various other compounds to improve overall sports performance.
One such example is creatine hydrochloride or creatine HCL.
That being said, there are various varieties of creatine supplementation, and you must be very careful with the creatine powders you choose.
The finest creatine powder should be safe to use without any side effects.
Therefore, they should be made using natural ingredients and be free from chemical additives.
However, to help you choose the finest creatine supplement for building muscle, we have narrowed down the best creatinine supplements to help increase muscle development and athletic performance.
At a Glance
- Best Overall: CRN 5 Crazy Nutrition.
- Best Runner Up: Elm and Rye creatine
- Best for Women: Performance Lab Maintain
- Best Vegan: Naked Creatine Monohydrate Powder
- Best Muscle Growth: Legion Recharge post-workout
Top 10 Creatine Capsules For Muscle Building
1) Crazy Nutrition CRN-5
CRN-5 is an extremely popular nutritional supplement created by the Crazy Bulk company.
The Crazy Bulk nutritional supplement contains a mixture of certain blends; it mostly contains five different sources of creatine which are all mixed in to create one significant powder.
This nutritional supplement helps you to maximize your workout effectiveness and your gains.
The Crazy Bulk CRN 5 comes in two different flavors. One is the ever-famous mango flavor, while the other is a highly delicious orange.
All you have to do is mix the powder in water. Preferably with 250 to 400ml water, it mixes instantly.
The CRN-5 Crazy Bulk contains a mixture of 5 different sources of creatine, as we have already mentioned above.
These five ingredients help us to achieve full energy to work out without a stop.
The five creatine mixed in the CRN 5 are; creatine monohydrate, creatine ethyl ester, tri-creatine malate, creatine citrate pyruvate, which is extremely important to gain energy, and the last creatine is the hydrochloride creatine.
All these five types of creatine are clinically and scientifically backed up and are proven to give additional benefits if they work in symmetry and synergy.
The CRN-5 Crazy Bulk is mainly used to give us a boost of energy.
That helps us lift heavyweight and do intensive exercises without breaking a sweat.
How it works is pretty simple, creatine helps our body to train harder, and because of it and the energy it gives us, we can train with heavier weights and gain muscle mass.
Not only that, but it also helps our body to draw in water for our muscles; what that does is it keeps our muscles hydrated and allows us to achieve that build look faster.
There are several benefits of using the CRN 5 nutritional supplement, but the main benefits will be given below;
- It helps us increase our strength to get the full benefit of our workouts.
- It gives us a boost of power so we can lift heavier weights
- It allows us to train in a more intense environment; since we can lift much heavier weights, we can train intensively without breaking down our bodies.
- It is also proven that this nutritional supplement can push us past our limit, reducing our fatigue and tiredness.
Creatine is naturally an amino acid that is found in our bodies.
The CRN-5 supplement increases the normal amount of creatine, which, in turn, gives us an energy boost.
It is also helpful in producing additional protein, so it automatically helps us gain muscle mass, all while doing intensive workouts easily.
CRN 5 also helps us work out harder than before since we can lift heavier weights.
This, in turn, leads us to increase our muscle mass effectively.
- Helps us to recover faster
- Enhance our physical training performance
- Helps us to gain more muscle mass
- Reduces fatigue and tiredness
- Allows us to do workouts easily
- No side effects
- The CRN-5 is a little expensive
2) StrengthSeries Creatine HMB
When you think of the best creatine supplements, one name that should come to mind is Transparent Lab.
They are a company that specializes in all things health and nutrition.
They formulate products for several different needs, and this includes athletic gear. They have numerous products focusing on a specific body aspect to enhance or improve.
They have products for overall wellness, fat-burning strength, nootropics, and more.
Among these products is the Strength series, which includes the creatine HMB supplement.
This supplement has been created specifically to improve the creatine levels in the body.
Like all transparent lab products, this supplement is backed by scientific research and has proven to show results.
- Transparent Labs StrengthSeries Creatine HMB is free of artificial sweeteners, making it safe for those who want to control their blood sugar levels.
- The Transparent Labs Creatine supplement is completely free of artificial preservatives.
- It is also free of artificial colors and gluten and is non-GMO certified.
- The supplement is available in 5 different flavors orange, strawberry lemonade, black cherry, blue raspberry, and unflavoured, so you never have to get bored of the same taste.
- The supplement contains Vitamin D, essential for improving bone and joint health.
- This Creatine supplement can be taken with food. It helps to maintain lean body mass.
Creatine is an amino acid that increases protein production and repair in the body.
It is also helpful in boosting strength and endurance.
It has also been seen to increase overall health while increasing muscle development and cutting down on fat in the body.
It can be taken half an hour after a workout or early in the morning to boost muscle repair on non-workout days.
B-Hydroxy B-methyl butyrate is another key ingredient in this supplement. It boosts strength and endurance and increases muscle content and fat burning.
It works alongside creatine to maximize the effects of the supplement.
The use of Bioperine in the formulation of this supplement enhances absorption in the body.
This then increases the effects of creatine and HMB in the supplement.
- It contains Vitamin D to improve bone health.
- The HMB and Creatine maximize their effects together.
- This supplement comes in the powdered form of creatine.
- It can cause dehydration.
3) Elm and Rye Creatine
Elm and Rye is a business that specializes in the art of health and nutrition. They are a big name in the world of supplements and wellness.
They have firm beliefs when it comes to creating and selling their supplements.
Elm and Rye are responsible for ensuring their consumer’s health and knowing the trust people place in them.
Their goal is to provide people with high-quality, effective, and safe dietary supplements accessible to all.
They believe in complete transparency, so you know what goes into your product and why.
They have a variety of supplements for concerns such as improved focus or fat loss.
Their Creatine supplement is one such high-quality and effective product.
- This supplement is created from ingredients that are sourced in a completely sustainable manner.
- It is formulated from pure and effective ingredients to improve lean body mass, burn fat, and more.
- Elm and Rye creatine is free of preservatives that help retain muscle mass.
- The supplement is sent to independent labs to be tested for quality and effectiveness.
- The formula is created without the use of any additional additives or fillers.
- The supplement has been created to store it at room temperature rather than in a refrigerator.
- It can be consumed with other supplements or medication without side effects.
This supplement contains a total of 60 capsules in one bottle.
The creatine in this supplement increases amino acids in the body, which promotes protein production, increasing muscle mass.
It is also beneficial in boosting energy levels for strenuous exercise. It also improves overall health and stamina.
This creatine supplement is one of the finest nutritional supplements that enhance muscle building and athletic performance.
Additionally, it reduces the incidence of injuries, muscular cramps, tearing ligaments, dehydration, and more.
The supplement is formulated with vegetable magnesium stearate, preventing different ingredients from sticking together.
The supplement is not only vegetarian-friendly, but it is also dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- It is free of gluten, dairy, and soy.
- It does not promote any health risks.
- It is expensive.
- One bottle only lasts one month.
4) Performance Lab Maintain
Performance Lab is a trusted and well-known company in the world of supplement brands.
They specialize in supplements that enhance and promote health and wellness.
Like their name, Performance Lab formulates products that enhance their consumer’s performance in everything from exercise to daily activities.
Performance Lab products are formulated to be stronger and more effective at smaller doses.
They are backed by extensive scientific research, which has shown creatine to help develop muscle strength and enhance endurance training.
Their supplements have increased bioavailability and absorption to increase the effectiveness of the ingredients used in their products.
Additionally, performance lab supplements are made to minimize any side effects.
The performance lab maintains one of its high-quality and effective products.
- This supplement by Performance Lab is certified vegan friendly, and they have a high creatine content per serving.
- Performance Lab Maintain, along with containing creatine, also contains prebiotics which helps to improve the body’s overall health.
- The supplement is created with vitamins and minerals, which benefit the body’s overall health.
- This creatine supplement is free of caffeine, free of soy, free of gluten, and free of allergens.
- It is non-irradiated, non-GMO certified. It is completely free of artificial additives and banned substances, making it a preferable form of creatine among competitive athletes.
- Unlike other capsules that are large and difficult to swallow, the performance lab capsules are small and easy to swallow.
- This supplement uses modern science to maximize the effects of the ingredients used.
This supplement restores nutrient levels on exercise-free days.
It boosts the body’s anabolic effects for 12 hours during resting days.
Creatine improves muscle mass during and after aerobic exercise to enhance muscular growth.
The b-alanine in the formula is combined with creatine to work with the body’s metabolism.
This supplement boasts a high nutritional value and needs to be taken on an empty stomach two times a day, three during the morning and three during the afternoon.
This creatine supplement improves muscle strength and overall stamina to improve athletic ability.
Additionally, this supplement continues to work even when you are not working out.
- It is easy to swallow.
- It is suitable for vegans.
- It requires six tablets a day.
- It needs to be taken on an empty stomach.
5) Naked Creatine Monohydrate Powder
Naked Nutrition is a supplement company based in the United States.
It is a relatively new business that was founded in 2014.
It started with five supplements formulated only with ingredients that had actual nutritional values.
The company has over 40 products containing three or fewer ingredients.
Naked Nutrition’s mission is to help its consumers achieve their health and fitness objectives by finding excellent ingredients, using as few as possible, and being completely honest. Hence, its users know exactly what’s going into their bodies.
A simple but powerful mission.
Their naked creatine supplement is just one of their many products.
- The naked creatine supplement is 100% certified vegan friendly, making it increasingly accessible.
- The naked creatine supplement is free of soy, free of dairy, free of gluten, and free of GMOs.
- The supplement is fit for those on a ketogenic diet.
- Like the company’s mission of using minimum ingredients, naked creatine contains only one ingredient.
- The supplement is formulated using extensive and proven scientific research.
- To ensure that the supplement is of the best quality and without any bias, it is tested in third-party labs.
- The supplement is completely free of additives or artificial ingredients, fillers, or banned substances and helps to build muscle along with preparing muscle damage.
This creatine supplement is a powder formula because it is free of artificial flavors it can easily be added to drinks without altering the taste.
Creatine is an amino acid that increases the production of proteins in the body and the repair of damaged or torn muscles.
Creatine regenerates ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which creates energy.
The creatine supplement increases the body’s energy levels via ATP regeneration and boosts stamina. This allows you to exercise for extended periods without tiring.
Naked nutrition’s creatine supplement improves the body’s repair of torn and damaged muscles.
- It is vegan-friendly.
- It doesn’t contain any banned substances.
- It needs to be mixed into a drink.
- It is tasteless, and people usually prefer flavored creatine protein powders.
6) A1 Plus+ Creatine
A1 Supplement is an internet-based supplement firm.
They specialize in supplements for sports and daily life, ensuring that these supplements meet the requirements of these different lifestyles.
They offer a diverse choice of goods that are both effective and affordable.
They ensure the supplements are of the best quality while offering useful health and fitness information.
They are based in Tennessee, which makes it easier to ship to more than 70% of the population in the United States.
A1 supplement was established in 1999, making it well-established and trusted in the world of supplements.
They are now your one-stop company for all your supplement needs.
- The A1 Creatine monohydrate supplement is free of artificial flavors and fillers.
- This creatine supplement is GMP certified and has a 100% quality guarantee.
- To ensure maximum effectiveness and reduce unnecessary ingredients, this supplement only uses one ingredient, creatine.
- It can be mixed into any drink without the fear of changing the taste as the supplement is unflavoured.
- This supplement enhances the body’s stamina allowing you to exercise for longer.
- It enhances muscle building and muscle recovery both during and fatter a workout.
- The boost in energy levels reduces fatigue in the body.
This is a micronized creatine powder, a powder formula that can easily be added to drinks without altering the taste because it is free of artificial flavorings.
Creatine is an amino acid that boosts the body’s protein production and mends any injured or torn muscles.
Creatine regenerates the energy-producing ATP (adenosine triphosphate).
Taking creatine is essential for the body’s ATP replenishment.
The body’s major source of energy is ATP.
Creatine helps to speed up this process, giving you more energy and allowing you to work out for longer periods.
It also improves the body’s endurance and stamina, increasing muscle mass formation.
- It is free of artificial flavors.
- It is a micronized creatine monohydrate powder that improves energy levels.
- It needs to be mixed into a drink.
- It is not travel-friendly.
7) Recharge Post-Workout
Legion athletics is a health and wellness company.
The company was created to fill a gap in sports supplements.
They are a relatively new start-up, but they have made its mark in the world of sports supplements that are high-quality and effective.
They have sold 2 million supplements to over 300,000 users.
Legion Athletics believes in providing its consumers with supplements of the best quality backed by scientific research.
Their supplements are formulated to help you achieve your health goals faster while ensuring that they have no harmful side effects.
Their recharge post-workout is among their many powerful supplements.
- Recharge post-workout supplement has a 100% money-back guarantee, so if you don’t love the supplement, you can return it with zero hassle.
- The recharge supplement is created in the United States in facilities that are inspected by the FDA and certified by the NSF.
- The supplement is rigorously tested for allergens and other harmful substances.
- The recharge supplement is free from artificial colors and flavorings; it is sweetened using natural sweeteners.
- The supplement is formulated backed by proven scientific research.
- It can be combined with other supplements or medicines without negative side effects.
- It is available in powder formulation in 4 flavors: fruit punch, strawberry lemonade, watermelon, and unflavoured.
The recharge supplement is a natural creatine supplement.
It helps maintain muscle mass and promotes muscle healing while also reducing fatigue.
It is beneficial in enhancing the recovery of muscles after exercise.
The creatine in the supplement increases the amount of creatine in the body, which helps increase protein synthesis.
Taking micronized creatine supplements gives a smaller and more soluble form of creatine, making it easier for the body to absorb.
It also increases endurance and stamina, allowing you to exercise for longer.
Additionally, it increases the store of glycogen in your muscles.
L-carnitine and L-tartrate are additional amino acids that boost the body’s overall health.
- It is free of artificial sugars; therefore, it does not lead you to gain weight.
- It is a micronized creatine monohydrate powder that is easier to absorb.
- It is expensive.
- It is not vegan-friendly.
8) MuscleTech Cell-Tech
MuscleTech sprang from a desire to push science and human potential to new heights.
They have become one of America’s top names for reinventing performance via cutting-edge products and high-quality ingredients because of their commitment to research, development, and innovation.
MuscleTech has become one of the world’s most-known sports nutrition brands, backed by America’s number-one-selling sports supplement business, and is distributed in over 140 countries.
MuscleTech supplements are created with only the best ingredients available.
They are committed to discovering, patenting, producing, and international marketing the safest, most effective diet and sports supplements to help you achieve your fitness objectives.
Among their many products is their Creatine Cell-Tech supplement.
- If you’re wondering how much creatine the Muscletech cell tech creatine supplement contains, you’ll be pleased to learn that it consists of 10 grams of creatine per serving, a vital amino acid for muscle growth and repair.
- The supplement contains 200mg of alpha-lipoic acid, a powerful antioxidant.
- Muscle Tech creatine supplement boasts a total of 5 grams of BCAA matrix, which improves muscle recovery and overall body mass composition.
- The supplement is available in 4 different flavors, fruit punch, orange, tropical citrus punch, and grape.
- The supplement also contains vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C and magnesium to improve overall health.
- The supplement is formulated using extensive scientific research that has proven effective for resistance training or resistance exercise.
Cell-Tech is a clinically verified mix of HPLC-tested, ultra-pure creatine monohydrate, and carbs in a technologically enhanced, latest-generation creatine supplement.
It contains a scientifically proven mix of creatine monohydrate and carbohydrates, which causes an insulin surge after a workout, delivering creatine directly into muscle while swiftly replacing glycogen reserves 10 grams of Cell-Tech’s pure creatine per 2 scoops cuts recovery time between exercise sessions while increasing strength.
Furthermore, studies show that ALA increases creatine and glucose absorption.
This formula provides a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio, as well as taurine and alanine, two of the most prevalent amino acids in the muscle that helps in cell health and regeneration.
This formula allows the body to spend more time increasing muscle mass than in muscle recovery.
- It comes in many flavors.
- It has antioxidant abilities and is a vital component of healthy sports nutrition.
- It is expensive.
- It is flavored and so cannot be added to any drink.
9) Proven4 Sport Pre-Game Formula
In 2010 Proven 4 became a part of the world of healthcare and supplements.
Their supplements were created to provide professional athletes with the finest sports nutrition to reach their goals.
Over the years, they have become a reputable company in which you can trust.
Their supplements are safe, clean, and effective.
Proven 4 knowns that being the greatest requires overcoming tiredness, injuries, and endless hours in the gym, on the track, and the field.
The last thing you want to be concerned about is anything you’re putting into your body, breaking any testing rules, or jeopardizing your capacity to perform.
With Proven4, you’ll never have to worry about it.
- The Proven 4 supplement contains several vitamins and minerals like Vitamin B and calcium to improve overall health.
- This supplement only contains 30 calories in a single serving, making it easy to add to your daily diet.
- The powder formula is available in 4 flavors: watermelon, blue raspberry, cherry limeade, and fruit punch.
- The supplement needs to be taken before a workout for the best results.
- To improve energy levels and focus, the supplement contains caffeine.
- It also contains other amino acids, such as arginine and taurine, to enhance protein synthesis and immunity in the body.
A healthy option for a pre-workout supplement utilized by professional and serious athletes who want to know exactly what they’re putting into their bodies.
Proven four has helped male and female athletes of all levels, from novices to top competitors, achieve their goals.
Additionally, it can benefit anyone who is looking to improve the duration of their exercise routine.
The creatine and other amino acids in the supplement provide the body with energy, increase the synthesis of protein in the body, and speed up the recovery of damaged and torn muscles.
The caffeine in the supplement provides the body with energy, improves focus, and reduces fatigue from working out.
This supplement is a natural, safe and effective way to improve muscle mass and burn fat.
- It is safe and effective.
- It contains caffeine to boost energy levels.
- It is a flavored powder and can’t be mixed into every drink.
- It is not travel-friendly.
10) PurAthlete Power+
PurAthlete is a company that focuses on creating supplements for those of us with athletic lifestyles, whether you are a novice or an expert.
They create sports supplements that are formulated with ingredients that are powerful, natural, safe, and of the highest quality.
They understand the importance of taking supplements that help people reach their goals regarding their health.
These supplements have been created to ensure maximum absorption, reduce fatigue, boost energy levels, and maintain optimal hydration.
They allow you to train for longer periods with less strain and faster recovery.
PurAthlete has numerous products, and one of these products is the Power + supplement.
- The supplement is certified by the NSF as a sports supplement.
- The supplement is non-GMO certified and free of artificial colors and flavorings.
- The creatine in this supplement is easier to absorb into the bloodstream, unlike other creatine supplements.
- The supplement is completely unflavoured, making it easy to add to any drink of your choice without changing the taste of the drink.
- This supplement helps reduce fatigue and cramps after a high-intensity workout.
- The supplement not only improves your physical energy levels but also improves your mental energy, increasing concentration.
PurAthlete Power+ is manufactured from high-quality creatine that is scientifically shown to absorb faster and more efficiently than creatine monohydrate, providing you with greater power, stamina, and endurance for the competitive advantage you need.
Creatine facilitates the conversion of ADP to ATP, resulting in increased muscular strength.
Since creatine requires magnesium for optimal conversion, Power+ provides you more muscular energy faster than ever by chelating creatine and magnesium.
Power+ creatine powder is designed for athletes who need their bodies to function at their best.
Unlike standard creatine monohydrate or micronized creatine, their unique chelated creatine magnesium supplement enables real-time bioavailability for greater outcomes.
- It can be mixed into any drink.
- It boosts mental and physical energy levels.
- It is not travel-friendly
- It is not vegan-friendly.
If you want to build muscle, you don’t need to spend too much money and time on fancy gym memberships and equipment for resistance training.
Research suggests that taking creatine in supplement form promotes the development of fat-free or lean muscle mass, replenishes your muscle stores, and improves muscle building and exercise performance.
However, it’s best to know how much creatine is present in the supplement as it would affect your loading dose and maintenance dose opt.
Furthermore, pure creatine supplements should always be your first choice since they are the most effective ones.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best time and method for consumption?
You can take creatine supplements three times on the days you work out. The first one is consuming the creatine supplement before starting your workout. The next one is having it after your exercise regime, and the third one involves dividing your creatine supplementation pre- and post-workout or at different times throughout the day.
What are micronized creatine monohydrate supplements, and why are they beneficial?
The micronized creatine monohydrate supplements contain creatine molecules that are divided into different parts. Therefore, they have a larger surface area than regular creatine molecules. This means that it enhances the overall absorption rate and decreases some of the side effects of creatine powders, such as digestive discomfort.
The micronized creatine supplements or micronized creatine monohydrates are more potent and effective than any regular creatine supplement. The micronized creatine monohydrate supplements are the best creatine supplements since they offer the purest type of creatine. However, this brilliant product comes is relatively costlier than the regular creatine powders.
What are the benefits of using creatine supplements?
Contrary to most supplements, if you add creatine products to your regular diet, you will experience optimal muscle building, better muscle repairing, improved body composition, better cognitive performance, and athletic performance. The more creatine you add to your diet, the greater health benefits you will see. The creatine supplements can also be paired with other compounds such as HCl, which gives us creatine HCl or creatine hydrochloride supplements.