- So, what’s the best IPL hair removal device in the market?
- Do IPL Machines really work?
- Can at-home hair removal devices get rid of hairs permanently?
These and many more will be answered in this comprehensive round-up of the 7 most popular IPL at-home hair removal devices.
For decades body hair removal has been a challenge for adults, especially women.
From the days of threading to waxing to laser treatments, procedures have become more advanced, yet the problem has persisted.
It is 100 percent natural to have unwanted body hair, and sometimes you want to get rid of it.
Shaving is the most accessible approach, but hair grows back quickly, while waxing and sugaring last longer, but they are painful.
Nowadays, more and more, people are turning towards laser removal machines as an alternative, permanent solution.
However, the cost of clinical light hair removal can burn a big hole in the pocket.
Not only is it expensive, but also it takes a lot of time out of your daily schedule.
Visiting a laser expert, scheduling an appointment, and periodically repeating the procedure – not everyone is cut out for that!
But the at-home IPL laser hair devices seem to be a blessing in disguise.
They do employ the IPL technology, which is a variation of laser for hair reduction. But you can now do them from the comfort of your own home, in your free time.
Before you jump the gun and purchase any IPL hair removal device, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- Not all at-home IPL devices deliver the value you promise
- IPL devices need to be customized for your skin tone and color, else it would be harmful
- Is it worth spending a one-time investment on these devices? Understand the value for money feature of these devices
To make your life easier, we have collected our list of the top 7 IPL hair removal devices that can be safely used from home.
We have reviewed each product carefully, checked out the brands, their results, and observed real customers’ testimonials to shortlist the best 7 products in this category.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- 7 Best IPL Hair Removal Devices – Intense Pulsed Light Reviews
- 1) Belle Bella Hair Removal (Overall Best)
- 2) Braun IPL Silk Expert Pro 5
- 3) Philips Lumea Prestige IPL Cordless Hair Removal Device
- 4) Elelsilk Laser Hair Removal Device
- 5) Silk’n Infinity 400,000
- 6) Sensica Sensilight Pro IPL Hair Removal Device
- 7) SmoothSkin Bare IPL Hair Removal Device
- Benefits of using IPL Laser Hair Removal
- How does IPL laser hair removal at home differ from professional laser hair removal at clinics or salons?
Quick Guide to Choosing to Best IPL Hair Removal System
7 Best IPL Hair Removal Devices – Intense Pulsed Light Reviews
Let’s get into the specifics of each IPL device…
Benefits of using IPL Laser Hair Removal
1) Permanent hair reduction
Most reputed IPL laser hair removal devices show results between weeks 10-12. Users feel smoother skin and a noticeable decrease in hair growth.
The IPL technology claims to permanently reduce new hair growth and block the hair follicles, shunning the hair cycle.
It is essential to follow the guidelines in the user manual and aftercare measures for the best results.
2) Aging Concerns – Treat fine lines, laugh lines, and wrinkles:
IPL laser technique is a non-invasive procedure often suggested by dermatologists for treating several skin diseases.
Our top 7 best IPL machines work both as an IPL hair removal and a skin rejuvenation device.
In clinics, the IPL light spectrum can treat vascular lesions- as per NCBI review.
3) Reduce spider veins and broken capillaries:
The NCBI review of IPL hair devices and clinical content published in PMC state that IPL wavelengths are highly effective in treating spider veins, protruding vein structures, and venous malformations.
According to a medical Research, 7% of the subjects met success on treatment sites within the ten months of using an IPL treatment.
4) Sun Damage & Tan Removal, Elimination of sun-damaged skin conditions:
The intense pulsed light laser device (IPL hair removal) is recommended for a sustainable solution to dermatological conditions such as sun damage, sun burning, and tan removal.
A clinical trial assessed that intense pulsed light (IPL) can effectively eliminate skin spots and sun damage.
The result affirmed the efficiency of the technology to deal with sun damage issues.
5) Reduction of acne and hyperpigmentation
Acne, zits, acne marks, and hyperpigmentation are often the long-lasting aftereffects of puberty, hormonal changes, and damaged skin concerns.
Clinical evidence suggests that IPL technology is beneficial for treating acne, acne scars, and blemishes.
Many users reviewed that when using the IPL laser removal tool, they sensed a visible difference in pigmentations and acne treatment.
How does IPL laser hair removal at home differ from professional laser hair removal at clinics or salons?
At-home laser and professional laser machines are both different kinds of powerful light energy to remove hair.
The light penetrates through the topical skin, and the dark melanin pigment of the skin absorbs this energy.
It converts to heat resulting in damaging specific areas in your follicle that lie below the skin layer.
The follicle then closes and enters a resting phase.
Professional lasers’ higher power can destroy critical areas of the follicle of actively growing hairs in just 1 session.
This damage reduces the hair growth cycle for long-lasting smooth results.
However, for home-based products, you need a course of 6 to 8 sessions to get to all the actively growing hairs.
Professional treatments ensure maximum hair reduction from a single treatment course.
The results can last more than 2 years and may need top-ups later for maintenance.
At-home IPL devices promote hair reduction from the first treatment but regrow if you stop too soon.
Regular usage of 4 to 6-week prolongs the results and makes the skin smooth.
When to go for Professional Laser Hair Removal?
- Faster results in fewer sessions
- Low risk of side effects and stringent protocols
- Consultation with medical professionals available before treatment
- Cost is not a factor.
- You can stick to scheduled appointments.
When to choose IPL hair removal at home?
- Affordable costs the same as 1 or 2 professional sessions
- Several trusted brands, clinically safe technology
- Inbuilt safety mechanisms for light intensity, skin tone, safe skin sensors
- Do it at home in your spare time.
- Reduce the new hair as it appears
- Time is not a factor; results can be seen after 5-6 sessions
If money is not your concern, we recommend a professional treatment as it is far less time-consuming, and the results are long-lasting.
For my budget babes out there, do not fret. Home IPL devices are a super safe and more affordable alternative.
Do you want to for a professional salon but are concerned about the ongoing top-ups cost?
You could purchase a home device after your professional course for maintenance at home.
Several people do this to keep the continuous budget low.
This would give you great initial results and help to cut down on the maintenance cost.
It is time to say goodbye to the painful hair removing mechanisms like waxing and threading.
Invest in a more long-term healthy and painless solution for hair removal; invest in healthy skin.
Most people fail to realize that a one-time investment into an at-home IPL laser device could save hundreds of dollars you spent in clinics over the years.
However, body hair removal is a choice and never a mandate.
Body hair is a natural phenomenon, and to remove it or not must be a personal choice and not a social pressure to look perfect.
You must remember that anything that hurts you is never beneficial in the long run.
So, we recommend to you a solution that gives you the least pain and has maximum benefits.
Look at the type of skin and hair growth, and then choose an option that can give you the best results.