Also known as Striae distensae, stretch marks may look unappealing for some people.
But, if you one, there is no need to worry, because, these lines? They are common and they occur naturally.
According to dermatologists from the USA, there are many reasons why stretch marks appear – 88% might be because of pregnancy, 86% might be because of puberty, and 43% might be because of your current weight.
So, if any of these factors may be relevant to you, in this article, you know the best stretch mark removal cream that can suit your skin needs.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Top 13 Stretch Mark Removal Cream, Oil & Lotion Reviews
- 1) Best Overall: SkinCell Pro
- 2) Best Stretch Mark Cream for Pregnancy: Mederma Stretch Marks Removal Cream
- 3) Best for Body-Builders: Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream
- 4) Best Long-Lasting: Bio-Oil Multiuse Skincare Oil
- 5) Best for All Skin Areas: ML Manuela Lubin Delicate Beauty Advanced Stretch Mark Removal Cream
- 6) Best Plant-Based: Evereden Nourishing Stretch Mark Cream
- 7) Best Fragrance-Free: Mustela Maternity Stretch Marks Cream for Pregnancy
- 8) Best Sulfate-Free: Erbaviva Stretch Mark Cream
- 9) Best Versatile: Lauren’s All-Purpose Salve
- 10) Best Unscented Lotion: Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
- 11) Best for Daily Use: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks
- 12) Best Easy to Use: Dermaclara Silicone Stretch Mark Kit
- 13) Best for Itchy Stretch Marks: Glow Organics Belly Butter
- Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Stretch Mark Removal Cream
- Final Thoughts
At a Glance
Top 13 Stretch Mark Removal Cream, Oil & Lotion Reviews
If you are looking for a removal product that does not only focus on your stretch marks, SkinCell Pro might sound good for you.
Generally, this product is for moles and warts but some users find this removal serum effective in treating stretch marks as well.
Just like how stretch mark creams work, this serum reduces the scars in the skin, and, at the same time, it provides skin healing because SkinCell Pro triggers the white blood cells to target the skin blemishes.
- The product is made from all-natural ingredients. According to the company, the SkinCell Pro formula includes organic ingredients such as Sanguinaria Canadensis and Zincum Muriaticum.
- SkinCell Pro works on all skin types. This means that even if you have sensitive skin, this product will be safe for you.
- There is no money-back guarantee regarding its effectiveness in removing stretch marks.
- Easy to apply on moles and warts but not on stretch marks.
Although there are many best stretch marks for pregnancy, we would list Mederma Stretch Marks Removal Cream as the best of all of them.
This is because Mederma Stretch Marks therapy can prevent stretch marks even before you get pregnant.
It is also safe to use during and after your pregnancy days.
Yes, that means even if you are breastfeeding, this stretch mark cream is safe for your little one.
If you are in your second trimester, it is not too late for you to use this product.
- Mederma Stretch Mark treatment cream is made with a unique blend of ingredients. The key ingredients Cepalin extract, Hyaluronic acid, Centella Asiatica plant extract will surely be worth the buy.
- This stretch mark prevention cream can increase skin moisture and it works by increasing collagen production. Thus, Mederma Stretch Marks Removal Cream can also be used for cracked skin.
- This stretch mark prevention cream comes with a strong fragrance and some customers might not appreciate that.
Body Merry Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream is a skin hydration product, and, according to the company, this is perfect for body-builders because it contains aloe vera and shea butter.
Bodybuilding or doing an intense workout can increase the chance for you to acquire striae distensae because your skin stretches.
Thus, having this body butter to help you prevent those red stripes and protect your skin from cracking is essential.
- Aside from organic aloe, shea butter, cocoa butter, sunflower oil, and green tea extract, this product also comes with vitamins and antioxidants like vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin C, vitamin E, plant stem cells, seaweeds, and rich oils. At the same time, this cream is fragrance-free.
- The company offers a 100% 90-day money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers or in case of any issues.
- Also works on scars such as surgery scars, keloids, and dark marks.
- It may take some time for old stretch marks to fade.
Personally speaking, this is the stretch mark oil product that I have used during my pregnancy days.
Bio-Oil Multiuse Skincare Oil is long-lasting because the solution will truly stay in your skin the whole day, without your skin feeling any discomfort.
Also, one bottle is enough until you get to clear all your stretch marks!
The best way to apply it is after taking a shower. According to the company, this would make the skin absorb the solution more.
- Bio-Oil Multiuse Skincare Oil is perfect for black stretchmarks. It is effective and safe to use even during pregnancy.
- The product is easy to apply and is not sticky to the touch. In terms of smell, the lavender oil fragrance is mild and pleasant
- Contains anti-aging vitamins such as vitamin E, mineral oil, and other essential oils like rosemary oil.
- Bio-Oil Multiuse Skincare Oil is not fast-acting but it is truly effective. It might take 3 months or more to see the effects.
Stretch marks appear on different parts of the body and if you are looking for a specific stretch mark removal that can target your specific body part, ML Manuela Lubin Delicate Beauty Advanced Stretch Mark Removal Cream might be what you are looking for.
This cream product is perfect for the upper arms, hips, thighs, bottom, and stomach, and it works by increasing collagen production and repairing the skin system so that your stretch marks would follow the consistency and tone of your healthy skin.
This means that this product is also helpful for those with uneven skin tone.
Even if you have sensitive dermis, this product would help moisturize and hydrate skin.
- Can eliminate keloids, scars, spider veins, and cellulitis.
- Can increase the elasticity of the skin to make it less susceptible to dark spots and discoloration.
- Easy to use.
- Made from 100% natural ingredients. The ingredients include purified water, squalane, Cetearyl alcohol, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B, ferulic acid, and hyaluronic acid.
- According to some reviews, the smell is unpleasant and the bottle size is small. Thus, it might take more than a bottle to see the effects.
If you are looking for a plant-based stretch mark remover, Evergreen Nourishing Stretch Mark Cream might be one of the best options.
This body treatment product is made from plant-derived cold-press oils such as moisturizing shea butter and coconut oil with 12-nutrient dense botanicals such as hyaluronic acid combined with peptides.
According to the company, Evergreen Nourishing Stretch Mark Cream is safe for pregnant and lactating women.
- Evereden Nourishing Stretch Mark Cream is unscented. Thus, those with sensitive smells may enjoy the benefits of this product.
- This body treatment product can improve the elasticity of the skin.
- It is fast-absorbing and has a soothing and consistent texture.
- Currently, there are no considerations to take when it comes to this product. Just take note that one user experienced an allergic reaction. Thus, before applying this product, make sure that the ingredients are suitable for you.
Many pregnant women have a sensitive smell.
Sometimes, even if the food or product comes with a mild fragrance, they tend to experience GI disorders like nausea and vomiting.
So, if you are pregnant with a smell sensitivity, and you want to start reducing those red lines you have, worry no more because Mustela Maternity Stretch Marks Cream comes with no fragrance.
This is a good stretch mark cream that is generally safe for pregnant women because the ingredients are all-natural.
The formula is hypoallergenic, making it safe for the mother and the baby.
- According to the company, the formula is made from shea butter, avocado oil, and avocado peptides, making the product fast-absorbing.
- Aside from being fragrance-free, Mustela Maternity Stretch Marks Cream is alcohol-free, SLS-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, and phenoxyethanol-free.
- Can increase skin elasticity.
- Compared to other natural stretch marks removal creams, Mustela Maternity Stretch Marks Cream is only 97%. But, considering the price and safety, this would work competitively to stop stretch marks from growing.
According to a study in France, skin products containing sulfates can cause skin irritation, inflammation, can reduce skin hydration, and can disrupt the balance of skin microbiota.
Since you are looking for topical treatments that can improve your skin health, you would not go for those that contain sulfates, right?
So, for this reason, Erbaviva Stretch Mark Cream can be considered.
Aside from being sulfate-free, this product for stretch mark treatment is also paraben-free and phthalate-free.
- Erbaviva Stretch Mark Cream keeps skin soft and hydrated.
- Made from organic oil that is safe for pregnant and lactating women.
- Comes with mild to unnoticeable fragrance.
- Aside from reducing the appearance of stretch marks, it can reduce the visibility of existing scars.
- The shipping and delivery are not free. These will only be free for those who spend at least $75.
- The Erbaviva Stretch Mark Cream product is not eligible for return or refund.
If you are looking for a product that works not just on your body or stretch marks but also on your hair and lips as well, Lauren’s All-Purpose Salve might be exactly what you are looking for!
Lauren’s All-Purpose Salve is a classic skincare product that acts as a lubricant and can be used on the following indications:
- Cracked hands, heels, and lips
- Saggy, dark eyes
- Yellow nails
- Dark elbows
- Dry hair
Generally, Lauren’s All-Purpose Salve can be used in all parts of your body that needs some healing.
- Made from 100% organic ingredients with protective properties.
- Safe for all skin types.
- Can also be used as a natural cheek highlighter and makeup remover.
- Can be used as a shaving cream.
- Prevents ingrown hairs on the bikini area, neck, and face.
- Can speed up the healing process for bug bites.
- Shipping and delivery are not free.
Many women consider Burt’s Bees products as their pregnancy skincare and children products as well.
When it comes to the Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter, many pregnant women consider it as one of the pregnancy lotions that can help protect their growing skin.
The main reason why pregnant moms use this body butter is that it is unscented.
Thus, even if they have smell sensitivity, the product would not give them smell-related issues.
- Contains coconut oil, jojoba butter, and cocoa shea butter to smoothen and soften the skin of all types.
- Non-irritating and formulated without phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, or SLS.
- Dermatologist-recommended that can effectively help in fading existing stretch marks and scars.
- Some users report that the Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter has a thick cream consistency, making the product kind of hard to apply.
For those who are looking for a product that is safe to use daily, Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks is highly recommended.
This product can keep your skin hydrated for up to 48 hours, without making you feel like you have applied something to your skin.
Those with sensitive skin can also use this product as the formulation is made specifically for all skin types.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks is hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested. This is also free from mineral oil. So if you have sensitivity to this type of oil, this product might work best for you.
- Contains vitamin E, shea butter, argan oil, and sweet almond oil to retain the moisture of the skin and to promote a less itching sensation.
- Can improve skin texture, elasticity, and skin color, and can be used as stretch mark prevention cream.
- Takes a lot of time to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and you should apply daily and consistently to see mild improvement.
Dermaclara Silicone Stretch Mark Kit is a unique product. This product is a silicon patch that makes it easy to use because all you have to do is to place the patch on your stretch marks.
This product is also dermatologist tested and clinically proven safe and effective to treat stretch marks during pregnancy.
The patch can also be used up to 30 times.
- Can boost skin elasticity.
- Comes with a cleansing foam.
- Safe and effective for all skin types.
- Effective for deep stretch marks and scars.
- The silicone patch is not as adhesive as the company claims.
Are your stretch marks itchy and you are looking for a product that can address this issue? Look no more because the product Glow Organics Belly Butter would be of great help.
As you itch your skin, this could be the start of the appearance of stretch marks. Fortunately, this is one of the best stretch mark creams that is made specifically for itchy stretch marks.
Glow Organics Belly Butter is 100% organic and this makes it perfect for vegan moms!
- Made with organic ingredients such as organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, organic macadamia nut, organic grapeseed oil, and organic sweet almond oil.
- Contains no parabens, synthetics, dyes, phthalates, sulfates, and artificial fragrances.
- Effective on breasts and buttocks.
- It can improve skin elasticity.
- According to some users, this product is not a stretch mark prevention cream. This means that it cannot prevent the occurrence of new stretch marks.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Stretch Mark Removal Cream
- Know your skin type. This will allow you to learn what stretch mark product is suitable for you.
- Consider the severity of your stretch marks. Which of your choices would work well? Is there any huge difference with regards to the price?
- Take a look at the ingredients and ask yourself if you have allergies to any of the ingredients.
Indeed, stretch mark removal and prevention creams are helpful not just for pregnant women but also for bodybuilders and those who experience weight gain.
Some creams take time to work while others work in an instant.
Additionally, some creams are safe for all skin types while others are contraindicated to sensitive skin.
There are also ones that come with fragrance while some have no smell at all.
Depending on your budget and your preference, the only thing these creams and oil can assure is that these products can help fade the appearance of stretch marks.