It is okay to experience having dry skin and hair from time to time.
But what if this dryness does not go away?
According to a study in Germany, the healthy collagen content of the body should not be lower than 75% because this could lead to premature skin aging.
In the same study, it was reported that the use of collagen can increase skin hydration by 28%.
So, how can you produce collagen if you do not want to consume animal products?
In this article, you will find out the best vegan collagen supplement that suits your hair, skin, and nails needs.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- The Top 7 Vegan Collagen Boosters, Peptides & Powders
- 1) Best Overall: FutureKind+ Vegan Collagen Booster
- 2) Best Unflavored: Rae Vegan Collagen Boost Powder
- 3) Best Flavored: Sunwarrior Collagen Building Protein Peptides
- 4) Best Gummies: HUM Nutrition Glow Sweet Glow
- 5) Best Organic Capsules: Garden of Life Organic Plant Collagen Builder
- 6) Best Vitamin Content: Amazing Grass GLOW Collagen
- 7) Best for Muscle Health: PlantFusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder
- How to Increase Collagen Production Naturally
- Final Thoughts
At a Glance
The Top 7 Vegan Collagen Boosters, Peptides & Powders
The first on the list of the best vegan collagen supplements is the Future Kind+ Vegan Collagen Booster.
This is a great overall product as it supports the nails, skin, and hair.
This product is manufactured by the company Future Kind.
Although the company has only been in the health and wellness industry since 2019, they have already received thousands of positive reviews from their users.
The best thing about the supplement Future Kind+ Vegan Collagen Booster is its formulation.
It comes with huge ingredients and each of these provides benefits to the health. The ingredients include the following:
- Vitamins A, vitamin C, and vitamin E
- Folic Acid
- Pantothenic Acid
- L-Lysine Mono-HCl
- Grape Seed Extract
- Super Berry Amla Extract
- Aloe Vera Plant Extract
Based on personal experience, grape seed extract balances skin tone. It lightens the dark ones which are usually caused by sun burns.
Also, this is the only one on the list that comes with aloe vera.
If you want a supplement with this substance, you can try Ora Organic Collagen.
One of the ingredients of FutureKind+ Vegan Collagen Booster is Resveratrol.
- According to a study in Canada, aside from helping you produce collagen and promote antioxidant effects, it also comes with anti-inflammatory properties to prevent you from other diseases like cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Contains no artificial additives and the pills are easy to swallow.
- Revitalizes and rejuvenates skin, hair, and nails.
- Supports connective tissues, joints, and immune health.
- The company offers a 100% 60-day money-back guarantee and 10% discount when you subscribe using your email.
- The free shipping feature of the product is selective. Free shipping applies to US orders with at least $60 purchases.
If you are looking for an unflavored vegan collagen booster, you might want to consider Rae Vegan Collagen Boost Powder.
This powdered vegan collagen supplement is manufactured by the company Rae Wellness and the company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2019.
Furthermore, Rae Vegan Collagen Boost Powder does not only boost the body’s natural production of collagen.
Instead, it also protects the human collagen production to prevent premature aging.
According to the company, Rae Vegan Collagen Boost Powder nourishes both the body and the mind.
There is also another powdered collagen product called Ora Organic Aloe Vegan Collagen- Boosting Powder. However, Ora Organic comes in peanut butter flavor.
- Not genetically modified and gluten-free.
- This vegan collagen powder is Infused with bamboo silica extract.
- Safe for supplement stacking.
- Contains no fillers, colorants, and artificial preservatives.
- Supports healthy hair growth.
- According to some users, it takes some time for the Rae Vegan Collagen Boost Powder to work. Also, you have to take the vegan collagen supplement continuously to see the improvement.
Moving on, if you want a flavored powder, you might want to try the supplement Sunwarrior Collagen Building Protein Peptides.
This vegan collagen-boosting supplement contains peptides that are essential for muscle growth.
This plant-based collagen supplement is manufactured by the company Sunwarrior.
The company has produced plant-based proteins and supplements since 2008.
The flavors of these collagen peptides include chocolate fudge, peppermint bark, salted caramel, and Tahitian vanilla.
According to some users, the tastes are delicious and smooth.
Furthermore, aside from healthy amounts of calories, fat, proteins, and fibers, this keto-friendly supplement contains the following ingredients:
- Organic Biotin
- Vitamin C
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Organic pea protein
The hyaluronic acid ingredient is vital in all anti-aging formulations. According to a study published in the journal of Dermato Endocrinology, this substance prevents skin aging and increases skin elasticity.
- Soy-free, gluten-free, and contains no added sugars.
- Supports hair, nails, skin, connective tissue, and joint health.
- The company uses raw ingredients in formulating the supplement.
- It takes some time for Sunwarrior Collagen Building Protein Peptides to enhance the nail structure.
If you want to try some vegan collagen gummies, HUM Nutrition Glow Sweet Glow might be what you are looking for.
These gummies are manufactured by the company HUM Nutrition, and the company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2012.
When it comes to the ingredients, it is safe to say that the formulation is simple but powerful. The collagen-boosting ingredients include the following:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Amla Fruit Extract
- Hyaluronic Acid
However, given that these are gummies, the formulation also contains added sugars. But still, don’t worry because scientists approved this sugar content.
Generally, HUM Nutrition Glow Sweet Glow works by locking moisture into the skin.
It can promote hydration, support collagen production, and helps you achieve glowing, younger skin.
Also, the company is honest enough to say that it may take up to 6 weeks for the plant-based collagen supplement to work.
According to the company, after 6 weeks of use, the users were able to achieve an 84% increase in hydration of the skin.
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors, gluten, and preservatives.
- Each of the ingredients is clinically dosed, safe, and effective.
- According to some users, side effects such as stomach pains may be experienced during the first use of the product.
Everything in this list is organic, vegan, and all-natural.
But, if you are looking for the most organic one, the supplement Garden of Life Organic Plant Collagen Builder is highly recommended.
This plant-based collagen product is made from real and whole foods that can help you support your nails, hair, and skin health.
According to the company, Garden of Life, this supplement works by boosting the body’s natural collagen production.
The ingredients of Garden of Life Organic Plant Collagen Builder responsible for increasing human collagen include the following:
- Sesbania grandiflora leaf extract
- Tomato, strawberry, raspberry, cherry, blackberry, blueberry, green bell pepper, and amla berry fruit extract
- Apple fruit extract
- Guava fruit and leaf extract
- Annatto fruit and seed extract
- Holy basil, spinach, parsley, red cabbage, kale, and brussels sprout leaf extract
- Lemon fruit and peel extract
- Moringa leaf extract
- Beetroot, carrot, and ginger root extract
- Broccoli stalk and flower extract
- Organic garlic and green onion bulb extract
- Organic cauliflower flower and stem extract
- Organic cucumber gourd extract
- Organic celery stalk extract
- Organic asparagus flower and stem extract
Aside from these, Garden of Life Organic Plant Collagen Builder includes the following beauty blend:
- Green Tea Extract
- Pomegranate Extract
- Organic Citrus Bioflavonoids
- Organic Rooibos Extract
- Organic Bamboo Extract
- Organic Turmeric
- Silica from Organic Bamboo Extract
Combining all of these organic whole foods, you will surely increase the levels of the most abundant protein in your body, thereby getting healthy hair, well-structured nails, and glowing skin.
- Contains no fillers and magnesium stearate.
- Non-GMO and gluten-free.
- Supports teeth and bone health.
- Protects the skin from UV rays.
- Prevents premature aging.
- According to some users, the capsules are huge compared to other collagen products and they may cause nausea during the first day of use.
Most vegan collagen supplements contain vitamin C and there are only a few that contain B complex.
So, if you want to get a full vitamin intake, considering Amazing Grass GLOW Collagen might be a wise choice!
Amazing Grass GLOW Collagen is manufactured by the company Amazing Grass, and the company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2002.
One great thing about this good vegan collagen supplement is that it comes in different flavors. These include:
- Creamer Dark Chocolate
- Creamer Vanilla
- Digest Mayan Chocolate
- Digest Tahitian Vanilla
- Glow Chocolate Rose
- Glow Vanilla Honeysuckle
- Glow Wild Berry Hibiscus
For those who want to go unflavored, Digest Unflavored and Glow Unflavored are also available.
Furthermore, Amazing Grass GLOW Collagen works by supporting collagen synthesis.
The collagen-boosting nutrients and ingredients of this supplement include the following:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- Pantothenic acid
- Organic pea protein
All of these ingredients are plant-based as they come from organic sources like ea Protein, Brown Rice Protein, Cocoa, Stevia Extract, Acacia, Rose Petal, Organic Acerola Cherry Extract, Guava, Holy Basil, Lemon Peel Extract, Monk Fruit, Xanthan Gum, Wheat Grass, Kale, and Sesbania Leaf.
- Contains no added sugars and the product is gluten-free.
- Maintains healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Promotes the appearance of glowing skin.
- Supports full-body radiance.
- According to some users, the product is too sweet. But, they also report that this sweetness does not increase blood sugar levels.
The last on the list of the best vegan collagen supplements is the PlantFusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder.
Most collagen boosters focus on skin, hair, nail, and bone health but this one is different as it also affects the muscles.
PlantFusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder is manufactured by the company PlantFusion Brand.
This company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2009.
Furthermore, PlantFusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder is a protein powder that works by helping you build your collagen not just for your skin, hair, and nails but also for your muscles.
Its key ingredients include collagen, hyaluronic acid, organic plant extracts like saberry amla fruit extract, vitamin c, nonessential amino acids, and essential amino acids.
Some of the amino acids include proline and glycine.
According to a study published in The Journal of Physiology, amino acids do not just stimulate collagen synthesis. Instead, they also affect muscle protein synthesis.
- Hydrates and enhances skin, nails, and hair.
- Supports muscle and joint health.
- Can be mixed on any beverage.
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free.
- According to some users, although the product contains no stevia, the taste is too sweet. S, for those sweet-tooth, unflavored ones are recommended.
How to Increase Collagen Production Naturally
According to a study in London, aging can lose collagen production by 1.0-1.5% per year. Because of this, using vegan collagen-boosting supplements is needed to increase the collagen molecules in the human body.
However, aside from collagen supplements including animal-derived collagen products, it is possible to stimulate collagen production. These include the following:
- Taking fresh aloe vera
- Filling up the body with vitamin c and other antioxidants
- Adding ginseng to your vegan diet
- Considering cilantro or silver ear mushroom
- Consuming bone broth or rice bran solubles
Take note that these are whole foods.
If you want to consume them in a fast way, consuming collagen-boosting supplements would be better.
Some supplements even contain all of these foods in one pill.
Many might wonder: is vegan collagen effective?
Since collagen decreases with age, collagen-boosting supplements are essential to one’s health.
They are effective not just for nail, hair, and skin health but also for the bones, teeth, and muscles.
Also, there are many collagen-boosting supplements in the market.
If you want to take a supplement filled with beneficial ingredients, FutureKind+ Vegan Collagen Booster is highly recommended.
On the other hand, if you want to focus on the organic vitamin contents, you can go for Amazing Grass GLOW Collagen.
Lastly, if you want to focus on your muscles, choosing PlantFusion Complete Plant Collagen Builder would be a wise choice.