Every day, the world improves, and as it improves, technology booms.
Likewise, technology upgrades the world and the lives of almost all the people on it.
There have been lots of mobile applications that help every individual live a better life such as pill reminders, appointment notes, menstruation notifications, online exercise coach, and etc.
Now, as we face this pandemic, we cannot deny the fact that staying at home makes us snack a lot of foods and this is kind of alarming for those who want to stay fit but cannot go out due to some quarantine advisories.
So, how could one track his or her calorie intake?
Luckily, there are many programmed calorie counter apps that are available for download.
Also, there are ones that are accessible online!
In this article, you will be able to find out the most unique, reliable, simply the best calorie counter apps and websites.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Top Meal Tracker Apps – Best Calorie Calculator to Track Your Meals
- 1) Cronometer – Best Overall
- 2) Calorie Calculator
- 3) MyFitnessPal
- 4) Lose It!
- 5) Calorie Counter by FatSecret
- 6) Carb Manager
- 7) Lifesum
- Final Thoughts
- The Difference Between a Calorie Counter App and a Nutrition App
- Benefits of Counting Calories
- Disadvantages of Calorie Counter App
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
7 Best Calorie Counting Apps At a Glance
Top Meal Tracker Apps – Best Calorie Calculator to Track Your Meals
Indeed, calorie counter apps are very specialized applications that have evolved and continually evolving today.
In fact, they contribute a lot to the health of every individual especially during this time of the pandemic.
There are many calorie counter apps available today for you to check your weight loss progress, and these products are accessible on the website or downloaded to your mobile phones.
Although most of these have a free version, premium features are required to be bought.
So, when buying, it is advised to always look for the features the application is offering.
Think then if the features fit you and your health needs.
Doing this will surely make the buy worth it and improve your healthy habits.
The Difference Between a Calorie Counter App and a Nutrition App
First of all, the best calorie counter apps are programmed to help you build healthy habits and track your calorie intake.
These calorie counting apps can scan barcodes, search foods, and everything related to consuming calories (and sometimes net carbs for some apps).
These calorie counting apps can help people lose weight.
On the other hand, nutrition apps count the nutrients a consumer takes.
In the calorie counting apps, you will be able to see how many calories you have consumed while on the nutrition apps, you will be able to get an insight into the nutrients, proteins, and carbohydrates you consume.
Benefits of Counting Calories
Downloading an application means that a consumer can potentially benefit from it.
Of course, no one will ever take time downloading something that has no use!
So, what are the benefits of considering calorie counting apps and the advantages when you count calories?
Take a look at the list below:
- Calories counters, either by using mobile apps or websites, can help you make better decisions when it comes to the food you consume. Moreover, logging your food intake allows you to see your healthy weight progress and current health status.
- Having calorie counting apps on your mobile phone can actually inform you about how many calories you can put inside your body (daily calorie budget). Setting up a profile on a calorie-counting app includes logging your age, height, body weight, and etc. With this, your calorie limit can be calculated and that will allow you to see how much you really need.
- As you stay at home during this time of the pandemic, staying healthy is not quite easy. So, with the help of calorie counting apps, you will be able to control yourself from consuming bigger portions of calories. Calorie counting apps can tell you how many calories you consume per serving. If you see that a certain serving comes with lots of calories, there will be a need for you to adjust the amount of that food serving.
- When you log your details in a calorie counter, you will also log your goal. So, every time you look into your calorie counter, you will always be reminded of that specific goal. Eventually, when you are reminded, you get inspired to only stay healthy, fit, and choose better.
Disadvantages of Calorie Counter App
The main enemy or disadvantage of a calorie counting app is inaccuracy.
For this reason, make sure that the one you are downloading is legit and has some positive reviews.
Furthermore, usually, calorie counter applications come with a demo version where interested individuals can try using them.
However, there are some features that need to be bought. In this case, a consumer must subscribe and pay some amount of money to enjoy the full version of the app.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the top calorie counter?
The best calorie counting app is not the one that is expensive and not the one that is free as well. Instead, the best one is the one that offers you the benefits that suit your health needs.
For example, if you are on a keto diet, a calorie counter app that focuses on calories and exercises is not considered the best for you.
Do apps that help in counting calories really work?
Mobile applications that help you count your calories are indeed helpful in improving your overall health. However, you have to watch out for those calorie counting apps that promote themselves but offer lies and inaccuracy because these inaccuracies will never help you improve your life.
Will it app help me lose weight?
The best calorie counter app that comes with exercise features is the most effective calorie counting app for losing weight. This is because these mobile applications will not just help you lessen your calorie intake but will also help you burn the stored saturated fat and all the calories you have.
As you burn those fats, you also help yourself lose weight.
Is the food database in them reliable?
The foods that are present in a calorie counter’s food database are usually reliable since they are mostly verified. However, there are calorie counting apps that are user-generated which makes the food database inaccurate.
Better, avoid these user-generated calorie counting apps in order to get reliable results.