Bone broth can increase collagen production. Aside from this, they are also rich in amino acids that can support your overall health.
According to a study in Mexico, it was reported that bone broth contains around 54.56% of essential amino acids that can support healthy joints and skin.
In this article, you will find the best bone broth powder that can suit your health needs.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Top 13 Bone Broth Protein Supplement
- 1) Best Overall: Naked Bone Broth Protein Powder
- 2) Best Chicken-Sourced Bone Broth: Organixx Bone Broth Protein
- 3) Best Paleo-Friendly Chicken Bone Broth: Bonafide Provisions Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 4) Best-Tasting Bone Broth Powder: PaleoPro Grass-Fed Bone Broth Collagen Powder
- 5) Best Bone Broth with Herbs and Veggies: Kettle & Fire Bone Broth Variety Pack
- 6) Best Liquid Bone Broth Protein: Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 7) Best Easy-to-Use Bone Broth: Dr. Kellyann Beef Bone Broth Protein Powder
- 8) Best for Protein Shake: Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder
- 9) Best with Biotin: Left Coast Bone Broth Powder
- 10) Best Unflavored: Precision Naturals Bone Broth Protein Powder
- 11) Best Non-Foaming: Necessity Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder
- 12) Best Potent Supplement: Renovatio Bone Broth Protein Powder
- 13) Best Vegan Bone Broth Powder: BRODO Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- What Are the Benefits of Bone Broth Protein Powder
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At a Glance
Top 13 Bone Broth Protein Supplement
If you are looking for a pure bone broth supplement, the best protein powder for you is the Naked Bone Broth Protein Powder.
This protein powder is made with only one ingredient and that is the protein powder sourced from European beef bones.
According to the company, this protein supplement works by increasing collagen production in your body.
Together with the amino acid glycine and amino acid proline, this collagen peptide supplement can improve your gut health, nails, skin, hair, and joint health.
Many users love this dietary supplement because it can also promote weight loss and improve sleep quality.
Taking this protein supplement gives you 90 calories and 20 grams of protein per serving.
To use this dietary supplement, mix 2 scoops of the formula with water, soups, or your favorite meals.
- The formula of this protein powder is gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free. It contains no artificial ingredients, sweeteners, and GMOs.
- Aside from improving your leaky gut, this protein supplement offers a superior amino acid profile that can enhance muscle health.
- This dietary supplement has undergone chemical-free processing.
- Based on some reviews, the powders of this dietary supplement are sticky. Compared to other protein powders like whey protein, this one is also hard to mix and blend in a shaker bottle.
Most protein powders with bone broth are made from beef. So, if you are looking for the best bone broth powders sourced from chicken, the Orgnaixx Bone Broth Protein is highly recommended.
This bone protein powder is a no-cooking dietary supplement. Usually, making bone broth at home requires sustained high heat and it will take long hours to make a single serving.
Fortunately, with just one scoop of the Organixx Bone Broth Protein, you are always on the go.
Taking this protein supplement gives you 100 calories and 20 grams of protein per serving.
Aside from this, you will also get 22 grams of organic chicken bones.
Other ingredients of this organic bone broth protein include glucosamine, chondroitin, and organic guar gum.
According to the company, this protein supplement is good for digestion, immunity support, reducing joint pain, and weight loss.
- The formula of this organic bone broth protein is soy-free, gluten-free, and GMO-free. It is also third-party lab tested.
- The company offers a 12-month money-back guarantee in case this organic bone broth protein does not work for you.
- The only concern about this organic bone broth protein is that it tastes unpalatable compared to whey protein powders.
If you are on a paleo diet and looking for an organic option for a bone broth supplement, you might want to take a look at the Bonafide Provisions Chicken Broth.
This bone broth protein powder is certified organic. It is made from whole food and it has no fat or sugar.
However, taking it only gives you around 10 grams of protein per serving. Compared to other whey proteins, this dosage is very low.
So, if you want a higher protein intake, this brand might not suit your protein needs.
On the other hand, one advantage of using this is that it only contains 45 calories per serving.
Compared to whey protein, this brand is most beneficial for those who want to lose weight.
Aside from the blend of animal bones, this collagen protein supplement also contains healthy doses of amino acids.
Other uses of this protein powder include enhanced joint health, digestion, immunity, and healthy skin promotion.
Since this dietary supplement can give you a healthy, balanced gut, it is safe to say that it can also enhance brain function.
To use this broth protein, mix one cup with your favorite beverage and cook it at low heat. You can also add the powder to your favorite recipe.
- Every ingredient in this protein supplement is organic. The formula is free of gluten and growth hormones, and it has a low-calorie content.
- It comes in different flavors such as chicken, beef, turkey, and a frontier blend of beef, turkey, lamb, and bison.
- This broth protein is nutritionist and chef-certified.
- According to some users, this protein supplement is not gelatinous compared to other whey proteins.
Most protein powders give off a bland taste, especially when served hot.
So, if you are looking for a bone broth supplement that you can take in a convenient way, you might want to take a look at the PaleoPro Grass-Fed Bone Broth Collagen Powder.
According to the company, this protein supplement powder tastes delicious in both cold and hot water.
Taking it gives you 16 grams of protein, 70 calories, and other broad nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
One great thing about this dietary supplement is that it contains turmeric powder that can provide a balanced nutrition delivery to your entire body.
Based on animal studies, this substance can also enhance bone health.
If you want a balanced protein intake infused with lots of nutrients, this brand is highly recommended.
Although it contains lesser protein content than whey proteins, this protein supplement still provides the same health benefits.
- The formula of the PaleoPro Grass-Fed Bone Broth Collagen Powder is non-GMO and soy-free, and gluten-free. It is low in sodium and contains no added hormones.
- Aside from the plain flavor, this protein supplement comes in different flavors such as ancient cacao and Aztec vanilla.
- According to some users, this protein supplement is not easy to mix. Using a blender or smoothie mixer can help you achieve a smoother texture.
If you want a more organic bone broth supplement, you can consider the Kettle & Fire Bone Broth Variety Pack.
This dietary supplement is jam-packed with herbs, spices, and veggies that can give you a wide variety of health benefits such as youthful skin, enhanced joint health, healthy hair and nails, improved gut health, and quality of sleep.
Moreover, this bone broth supplement is made from organic nutrients.
Taking it gives you a high concentration of collagen, branched-chain amino acids, 45 calories, and 10 grams of protein per serving.
Also, the chicken bones were simmered for longer periods and the collagen peptides are whole-food based.
According to the company, long hours of simmering can provide better extraction of the nutrients found in chicken, beef, and even fish bones.
Take note that this dietary supplement contains herbs and spices.
Although these are all organic, if you have any food sensitivities, you should avoid the use of this supplement.
To check your food sensitivities, you can consider the Everlywell Food Sensitivity Test Kits.
Based on some reviews, this bone broth supplement is best served with coconut milk and avocado. It is also an effective emergency organic broth for those who want to lose weight.
- The formula of the Kettle & Fire broth protein supplement is free from dairy, GMO, and gluten. It also contains no growth hormones, antibiotics, and additives.
- The different varieties of this bone broth product include classic beef bone, classic chicken bone, mushroom chicken, coconut and curry, and broccoli keto sup.
- According to some users, this bone broth supplement gives off an unpleasant smell.
- Since this dietary supplement only gives a low dose of protein, this may not suit those who are looking for an extra protein intake.
Usually, you have to prepare bone broth dietary supplements before you can use them.
So, if you want one that you can just pour on your cups, you might want to take a look at the Pacific Foods Bone Broth.
This broth supplement sourced from chicken comes in a liquid form.
Per carton can provide up to 4 servings. Additionally, per serving gives you 9 grams of protein and 45 calories.
Compared to other broth powders and whey protein, this one has the least protein concentration but is the most convenient one to use.
Other ingredients of this dietary supplement include onion, carrot, celery, spices, apple cider vinegar, and rosemary extract.
Take note that the rosemary extract acts as an antioxidant that can even enhance your skin and immune health better.
Other uses of this dietary supplement include the reduction of inflammation due to arthritis and tendonitis.
- The formula of this dietary supplement is certified organic. It has no preservatives, additives, GMO, gluten, soy, and MSG. It also contains low salt compared to other chicken broths.
- Suitable for paleo, keto, and post-workout diets.
- The dietary supplement is slowly simmered to extract more nutrients.
- Once opened, this dietary supplement can only be used within 7 days. Unused contents should be discarded.
- Other users report that this liquid broth is too thick compared to other bone broths and whey protein.
- Very low protein content compared to other dietary protein products.
Moving on, if you do not want a liquid bone supplement, you can also consider the Dr. Kellyann Beef Bone Broth Protein Powder.
This dietary supplement comes in a packed form and all you have to do is 8 to 12 ounces of water, mix, and drink!
One scoop of this dietary supplement gives you 15 grams of protein per serving, 2 grams of carbohydrates, and 70 calories.
One great thing about this broth is that it is cholesterol-free and fat-free. According to the company, this supplement has a superior nutrient profile that allows you to achieve weight loss.
This supplement acts as an appetite suppressant to help you reduce your unhealthy cravings.
Aside from the amino acids, other ingredients of this dietary supplement include cauliflower powder, hydrolyzed collagen, sea salt, black pepper, minced green onion, parsley, reishi mushroom powder, and turmeric extract.
According to the company, aside from detoxifying your body, this dietary supplement can also burn fat, build lean muscle mass, and tone your cores.
- Comes with appetite suppressant and metabolism booster effects.
- According to some users, the powders of this formula dissolve easily. Thus, mixing is never an issue.
- The formula of the Dr. Kellyann Beef Bone Broth is GMO-free. It also contains no soy, gluten, and dairy.
- According to some users, the smell of this dietary supplement is too hard.
Usually, bone broth powders are added to meals such as pudding, soups, etc.
But if you want one that you can use as a protein shake, you can consider the Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder.
This dietary supplement offers a creamy and smooth consistency that you will surely love to drink.
It is made with hydrolyzed collagen peptides and gives you 20 grams of protein and 100 calories.
It also offers a rich nutrient profile because it contains essential amino acids, chondroitin, glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, dietary fiber, iron, sodium, and potassium.
According to the company, all of these ingredients, based on a daily value, can support healthy joints and skin, enhance the immune system, and boost gut health.
To use this protein supplement, add a heaping scoop of the powder to 12 ounces of water or juice. Many users love this when it is added with coconut milk.
- The formula of this dietary supplement is concentrated to provide more nutrients to those who want to increase protein intake.
- According to some users, this protein supplement is easy to digest.
- Comes in different flavors such as chocolate, pure, vanilla, and turmeric.
- The Ancient Nutrition Broth Supplement contains stevia. Those who do not like the taste of this substance may not appreciate this supplement.
- Possible side effects such as stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, bloating, irritations, and headache can occur on the first use.
There are only a few protein powders that come with biotin. According to a study from the USA, this vitamin helps prevent hair loss or alopecia.
So, if you are looking for a bone broth supplement with biotin, the Left Coast Bone Broth Powder is highly recommended.
According to the company, Left Coast Performance, this dietary supplement is gut-friendly. Per serving gives you 17 grams of protein, 80 calories, and 4 grams of carbohydrates.
Other ingredients of this protein supplement include hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, sodium, dietary fiber, and chondroitin.
Before buying this protein supplement, you should know that it should be blended on a low setting to avoid foaming.
- This protein supplement comes in different flavors such as pure grass-fed, vanilla, and chocolate. If you buy the broth and multi-collagen powders together, you will get a 20% discount.
- The formula of this protein supplement is free of dairy, gluten, and soy.
- The company, Left Coast, offers a 100% money-back in case you are not satisfied with the supplement.
- Take note that this protein supplement contains sugar alcohols.
If some users prefer flavored bone broths, some would go for the unflavored one.
So, if you are one of the latter, you might want to give the Precision Naturals Bone Broth Protein Powder a try.
According to the company, this protein supplement can aid in digestion, promote healthy body weight, reduce joint pain and inflammation, and enhance the immune system.
Per serving of this protein supplement gives you 20 grams of protein.
Other ingredients include calcium, phosphorus, silica, glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, magnesium, and potassium. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
To use this protein supplement, mix one scoop with 12 ounces of lukewarm water. Mix the two slowly to avoid foaming.
- This protein supplement supports the healthy buildup of lean muscle mass and enhances muscle recovery.
- The formula of the Precision Naturals protein supplement contains no GMO, gluten, or soy.
- One great thing about this protein supplement is that it contains no added sodium.
- The company offers a 100% 60-day money-back guarantee in case of dissatisfaction.
- According to some users, this protein supplement can only be mixed with warm or boiling water.
Most bone broth supplements cause foaming and many users want to avoid this.
If you are one of them, you might want to take a look at the Necessity Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder.
This protein supplement was first introduced to the market in the year 2019.
Although it has only been 2 years, the company has already received thousands of positive reviews from its customers.
Because it is non-foaming, it is suitable for all beverages and meals.
Some of the health benefits of this protein supplement are tissue regeneration, reduction of inflammation, and better nutrient delivery.
Taking this protein supplement gives you 80 calories, 14 grams of calcium, and 20 grams of protein per serving based on a daily value.
Other ingredients of this protein supplement include hyaluronic acid and all the amino acids.
- This protein supplement comes with antioxidant effects. It supports the breakdown of old cells and promotes the growth of healthy cells.
- According to the company, this protein supplement can also reduce your cellulitis and increase your lean muscle mass.
- Although this protein supplement is effective and nutritious, many users report that it has an unpleasant taste.
Most bone broths provide almost the same benefits. However, always remember that different dosages of the ingredients provide different levels of effects.
So, if you are looking for potent bone broths, you might want to consider the Renovatio Bone Broth Protein Powder.
This protein supplement is made from pure grass-fed bone broth.
According to the company, this protein supplement can enhance your gut health and digestion, provide healthy skin, hair, and nails, support muscle growth, and improve joint health.
Moreover, per serving of this protein supplement gives 20 grams of proteins and 85 calories.
It also contains amino acids, hydrolyzed protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- The formula of the Renovatio protein supplement contains no soy, sugar, dairy, gluten, corn, or nuts. The beef used is also hormone-free, antibiotic-free, pesticide-free, and non-GMO.
- Many users report that this protein supplement is palatable. Other bone broths come with an aftertaste but this one is very pleasing to the tastebuds.
- When mixing the Renovatio protein supplement, you must use a blender. According to the company, this supplement is gelatin-binding in nature and does not mix well with hand stirring.
- This protein supplement is not for weight reduction.
If you are vegan and you want a protein supplement that can match your diet type, you might want to consider the Organic Chicken Bone Broth.
This protein supplement is a nutrient-rich supplement that is made using high-quality organic ingredients.
According to the company, it can support joint, skin, immune, and gut health.
Moreover, per serving of this protein supplement gives 7-10 grams of protein, depending on the flavor you choose.
Although this dosage is low, you will get other nutrients like amino acids, calcium, iron, and potassium.
- The company offers free shipping on all orders and when you subscribe using your email, you can get a 10% discount.
- Aside from the seaweed and mushroom vegan broth, the Brado supplement also comes in different flavors such as chicken, beef, and hearth.
- Compared to other protein broth powders, this one can be stored up to one year after opening.
- The formula of this Brado protein supplement is free of gluten, dairy, and sugar. It is also very low in carbohydrates.
- The company does not ship internationally.
- This protein supplement contains a high amount of sodium, around 350 mg per serving.
What Are the Benefits of Bone Broth Protein Powder
The use of bone broths offers different benefits to your overall health. Although these supplements focus on your joints, skin, hair, and nails, they can also promote the following:
- Enhanced metabolism and gut health – These powders are rich in nutrients that are very soothing to the digestive system. They provide anti-inflammatory effects to the gut, thereby improving metabolism.
- Stronger immune system – These powders also contain a wide variety of vitamins, especially the C vitamin. During this time of the pandemic, these broth powders are surely worth the try.
- Better quality of sleep – Many protein powders contain the amino acid glycine. This amino acid can promote better sleep.
- Healthy weight management – These powders can help burn stubborn body fat. They also have appetite suppression effects that can reduce your unhealthy cravings.
- Improved mental function – There is this gut-brain connection. This means that having a healthy gut also means having a better brain function.
Many bone broths are also used to reduce muscle and bone inflammation. Thus, those with arthritis and related health conditions would surely benefit from these supplements.
Indeed, bone broth protein supplements offer many benefits.
Since there are many protein powders on the market, you should know which of these is most suitable for you.
If you are looking for a pure protein supplement with beef broth, you can consider the Naked Bone Broth Protein Powder. For a chicken-sourced broth, the Organixx Bone Broth Protein is highly recommended.
If you are on a paleo diet, you might want to give the Bonafide Provisions Organic Chicken Bone Broth a try.
On the other hand, if you are vegan, the BRODO Organic Chicken Bone Broth might be what you are looking for.
Also, if you want veggie and herb-rich broth, the Kettle & Fire Bone Broth Variety Pack is one of the best options.
Furthermore, if you want the best-tasting one, you can take a look at the PaleoPro Grass-Fed Bone Broth Collagen Powder.
For unflavored one, the Precision Naturals Bone Broth Protein Powder would also be great.
Moreover, if you want a non-foaming one, the Necessity Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder is an amazing choice.
If you want some convenient bone broth protein powders, the Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Bone Broth, Dr. Kellyann Beef Bone Broth Protein Powder, and Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder are also great.
For a protein supplement rich in biotin, the Left Coast Bone Broth Powder is worth considering.
Lastly, for a potent bone broth, the Renovatio Bone Broth Protein Powder would be the best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the side effects of a bone broth protein powder?
The most common side effects of these proteins include stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, bloating, irritations, and headache. However, these are mild and can only be experienced during the first use of the powders. Some users do not experience any of these side effects at all. In case these side effects become severe, seek medical help as soon as possible.
What are the different types of bone broths?
There are many types of bone broths, from vegan to animal-based sources. Some of these include chicken, beef, turkey, bison, and vegan bone broths. You can choose any of these depending on your preference and how much protein content you need. The protein content of these broth powders ranges from 7 to 20 grams.
Which is better: chicken and beef broth?
If you want a higher content of omega 6 fatty acids, you can go for the chicken. On the other hand, if you want a higher content of omega 3 fatty acids, you can go for the beef version. Also, the broth sourced from chicken bones is easier to digest compared to beef bones.