Many people, even those who are not athletes or gym enthusiasts, drink caffeine to increase their productivity.
But, according to a study published in the Frontiers in Sports and Active Living, consuming caffeine can also decrease athletic performance.
This is because people have different caffeine thresholds. This means that caffeine is not for everyone.
So, does this mean caffeine-free supplements are better? In this article, you will learn the best caffeine-free pre-workout supplements in the health industry.
Here's What's In Store For You...
- Best Caffeine-Free & Low-Caffeine Pre-Workouts
- 1) Best with Nootropic Effects: Pumpsurge – Stim-Free Pump & Nootropic Pre-Workout
- 2) Best Flavored: Alpha Lion SuperHuman Pump
- 3) Best Low-Caffeine Pre-Workout: ProSupps Jekyll NitroX
- 4) Best Nitric Oxide Booster: Insane Labz Insane Veinz Gold
- 5) Best High in Amino Acids: Pro Supps Hyde Max Pump
- 6) Best for Cell Volumization: Blackstone Labs Hype Reloaded
- 7) Best All-Natural: Genius Pre-Workout Powder
- 8) Best Carbohydrate-Free: Evlution Nutrition Pump Mode
- 9) Best for Hydration: RSP Pump Boost
- 10) Best Easy-To-Use: Six Star Nutrition Workout Booster
- What to Remember Before Using a Stimulant-Free Pre-Workout Supplements
- How to Choose the Best Low-Caffeine Pre-Workout Supplement
- The Takeaway
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At a Glance
Best Caffeine-Free & Low-Caffeine Pre-Workouts
The first on the list of caffeine-free pre-workout formulations is the product Pumpsurge – Stim-Free Pump & Nootropic Pre-Workout.
This product is manufactured by the company Jacked Factory, and the company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2014.
Generally, this caffeine-free pre-workout product is not just for enhancing muscle tissue but also promotes nootropic effects.
In a study from Malaysia, it was reported that nootropics can enhance the cognitive performance of an individual.
This includes improved mental focus, memory, creativity, motivation, and attention.
If you want to know the best nootropic supplements, you can read more from this article.
These products can also be used as pre-workout non-caffeine alternatives.
Furthermore, this supplement works by increasing the nitric oxide levels in your brain, thereby causing enhanced blood flow.
So, if you want to get a pre-workout product that can support both your physical and brain health, this non-caffeine pre-workout product might be the best option for you.
- Scientifically formulated and dosed.
- Promotes hydration, skin-tearing pump, and muscle gains.
- Enhances muscle endurance, athletic performance, strength, power, and drive.
- Contains no artificial dyes and fillers.
- The company offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Low in citrulline and alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha GPC) levels.
- It may contain artificial sweeteners and flavors.
For those who want to take some caffeine-free pre-workouts that come with delicious tastes, Alpha Lion SuperHuman Pump might be the best choice for you.
This caffeine-free pre-workout product comes in different flavors such as:
- Blue Steel (Blue Mojito)
- Mango Veiniac (Mango Strawberry Sherbet)
- Peach Pumps (Peach Rings)
- Schwarze Nectar (Australian Apple Nectar)
- Creamsicle (Cherry Creamsicle)
- Passion Pumps
According to the company, this stim-free formula can also promote hydration during training.
Moreover, one of the benefits of using this caffeine-free pre-workout product is its high beta-alanine content which is 3500 mg per serving.
According to a study in the USA and Australia, the non-essential amino acid beta-alanine can increase exercise performance by reducing the acid levels in the muscles during a high-intensity workout.
Aside from this, the Alpha Lion SuperHuman Pump also contains 8000 mg of l-citrulline malate.
According to a study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, l-citrulline promotes the healthy growth of muscle and increases muscle mass.
- Promotes non-stim muscle pumps and muscle fullness before and after workouts.
- Increases muscle vascularity in no time.
- Max-dosed formula with no proprietary blend.
- Enhances energy levels.
- Compared to other non-caffeine pre-workout supplements, this stim-free pre-workout supplement cannot help you enhance much of your mental focus.
The next on the list is the product ProSupps Jekyll NitroX and is manufactured by the company Pro Supps.
This product is processed through a strict body-pre-absorption compound extracted with low caffeine content.
This best low-caffeine pre-workout supplement is not a stim-free pre-workout supplement. Instead, it is a low-caffeine pre-workout product.
This means that it still contains small amounts of caffeine (100 mg).
Take note that if you intake low caffeine instead of free caffeine, you will still get some health benefits. According to a study in Oklahoma, caffeine can make the metabolism rate healthy.
Furthermore, ProSupps Jekyll NitroX can help you improve blood flow by increasing the nitric oxide levels in the brain.
Eventually, this could lead to enhanced cognitive performance, mental focus, sustained energy, and maximized muscle pumps.
- This low-caffeine pre-workout supplement helps in increasing training volume.
- Comes in different flavors such as Blue Razz Popsicle, Pixie Dust, Lollipop Punch, and What-O-Melon.
- Third-party labs tested to ensure the safety and efficacy of the ingredients.
- Contains no Picamilon or Pikatropin.
- Has beta-alanine AA content.
- The company offers a 100% 30-day money-back guarantee in case a patient is not satisfied or there are some issues with the product.
- According to some users, the taste of the different flavors of the ProSupps Jekyll NitroX supplement is unpleasant.
- The powders are not easy to mix. Some powders do not dissolve at all. This requires more time when shaking the energy drink mixture.
If you want to focus on your nitric oxide levels, Insane Labz Insane Veinz Gold might be what you are looking for!
This caffeine-free pre-workout product is manufactured by the company Insane Labz, and the company started in the health and wellness industry in the year 2014.
This non-stim pre-workout product is loaded with nitrosigine and hydromax to promote blood flow in the body and vascularity in the muscles.
Also, if you are taking other best pre-workouts, taking Insane Labz Insane Veinz Gold is safe. According to the company, this stim-free supplement is a stackable pre-workout product.
- Comes in different flavors such as Apple, Grape, Fruit Punch, Gummy Candy, and Vampire Blood.
- Can enhance energy levels.
- Contains beetroot extract, an essential pre-workout ingredient.
- May cause fishy odors in smell and secretion because of the betaine ingredient.
If you are looking for a solid pre-workout supplement that contains many amino acids to help you increase your lean muscle mass, Pro Supps Hyde Max Pump might be what you are looking for.
This product contains different amino acids such as l-citrulline, beta-alanine, creatine HCI, and arginine nitrate. It also contains 60 mg of vitamin C which can give you antioxidant effects.
In another study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, creatine can help increase both your physical and mental energy.
It can reduce muscle soreness and can promote muscle growth, bone mineral density, and overall health.
This means that when you take Pro Supps Hyde Max, you will have a burst of energy during and after your training hours.
There are many creatine supplements and reading this article will give you insights into their health benefits.
Moreover, it works by converting the AA arginine to nitric oxide for an improved blood flow in the body.
- Promotes maximized blood flow, intense power, and strength.
- Helps carry the essential nutrients to muscle tissues, thereby promoting extreme muscle pumps, volume, vascularity, and performance.
- Comes in different flavors such as Blue Razz, Cherry Limeade, and Fruit Punch.
- Contains no proprietary blend.
- Pro Supps Hyde Max Pump is not all-natural as it contains artificial flavors.
Now if you want to focus more on your muscle cells, you can try the product Blackstone Labs Hype Reloaded.
The ingredients this product has are also unique.
The ingredients incorporated are not just the basic ones for promoting healthy muscle growth. Some of these include the following:
- Citrulline malate – Per serving contains 6 g of this ingredient. This substance is responsible for promoting a better flow of blood, enhancing energy production, and increasing muscle pumps.
- Glycerol monostearate – Per serving contains 2 g of this ingredient. This substance is responsible for burning and breaking down unhealthy body fats.
- Alpha GPC – Per serving contains 300 mg of this substance. This substance is responsible for increasing the levels of acetylcholine in the brain, causing healthy muscle contraction.
- Horny goat weed – Per serving contains 150 mg of this ingredient. This substance enhances nitric oxide level production in the body, causing an improved flow of blood.
- Potassium – Per serving contains 100 mg of this ingredient. This substance supports the transfer of nutrients in all parts of the body.
- L-Norvaline – Per serving contains 100 mg of this ingredient. This amino acid also boosts nitric oxide production.
Truly, this stim-free pre-workout supplement promotes stronger sustained muscle contractions and extreme cell volumization.
- Extreme nitric oxide level enhancer.
- Comes with libido-boosting effects.
- Safe for supplement stacking.
- It can reduce fatigue and enhance cognitive functions.
- May cause nitrate tolerance in case of misuse.
- According to some users, the ingredients are underdosed.
This time, if you are looking for an organic muscle pre-workout supplement, Genius Pre-Workout Powder might be what you are looking for.
This stimulant-free pre-workout supplement is manufactured by the company The Genius Brand, and the company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2013.
One good thing about this product is that it is 100% made from essential herbs.
No artificial sweeteners, dyes, fillers, and other chemicals are incorporated in the formulation.
Even the flavors of this organic muscle pre-workout supplement are all-natural. Since it contains green tea extract, green tea-lovers might love this too!
Moreover, according to the company, Genius Pre-Workout Powder works by stimulating ATP production to improve exercise performance and increase power output.
- Comes with nootropic effects that can enhance cognitive functions.
- Increases nitric oxide production to optimize lean muscle building.
- Comes in different flavors such as Blue Raspberry, Grape Limeade, and Sour Apple.
- Clinically dosed and ingredients are third-party labs tested to ensure safety and efficacy.
- Reduces muscle fatigue and accelerates muscle recovery time.
- Non-GMO and non-gluten. Everything is natural and organic.
- According to some users, although the ingredients are all-natural, the dosages are low compared to other pre-workouts.
Many individuals, especially athletes and bodybuilders, avoid products that contain carbohydrates.
So, if you are one of these people, Evlution Nutrition Pump Mode might be an excellent pre-workout product for you.
Evlution Nutrition Pump Mode is manufactured by the company Evlution, and the company has been in the health and wellness industry since 2013.
Just like most pre-workout supplements, this product focuses on nitric oxide level production.
However, this pure endurance supplement contains both vitamin C and vitamin D for the immune system, testosterone, and bone support.
- Promotes intense pumps and muscle vascularity.
- Enhances workout performance, endurance, and strength.
- Promotes muscle hydration and vasodilation.
- Safe for supplement stacking due to its transparent formula.
- Contains artificial flavors.
- May cause fishy odors in smell and secretion because of the betaine ingredient.
Whenever you are dehydrated, your muscle cells are also affected. According to a study in Connecticut, hydration affects muscle strength, power, and workout performance, especially during an exercise session or smooth workout.
Consistent with another study in Spain, muscle cell dehydration causes frailty and reduced muscle function.
Fortunately, this dehydration can be prevented by the use of a good pre-workout supplement called RSP Pump Boost.
RSP Pump Boost is manufactured by the company RSP Nutrition that has been in the health and wellness industry since 2009.
Generally, this well-balanced pre-workout product works by promoting hyperhydration and boosting the production of nitric oxide, thereby increasing blood flow and increasing the fluid concentration in the muscles.
When it comes to the sugar content of this product, it is naturally sweetened because it contains coconut palm sugar.
- Enhances muscle pumps and promotes muscle endurance.
- Increases energy levels in the brain and body.
- Provides the convenience of use as it can be taken any time of the day.
- Comes in two different flavors – Blue Raspberry and Cherry Limeade.
- Safe for supplement stacking because it contains versatile ingredients.
- According to some users, this product can cause an acne breakout. So, check the ingredients before use in case you might have allergies.
The last product on the list of the best caffeine-free pre-workout is the product Six Star Nutrition Workout Booster.
Compared to the other non-caffeine pre-workouts, this one is the easiest to use because there is no need for you to prepare your pre-workout drinks as this comes in caplet form.
All you have to do is to take 3 caplets once a day, preferably in the morning, and voila! Your nitric oxide levels will surely increase.
According to the company, it is safe for both men and women who want to achieve muscle hardness to use these pills.
Six Star Nutrition Workout Booster is also perfect for strength trainers, athletes, bodybuilders, and all fitness enthusiasts.
Each pill is also filled with the following amino acids:
- L-arginine alpha-ketoglutarate
- L-arginine HCl
So, if you are not a fan of the typical pre-workout powder, this is the best pre-workout supplement for you.
- Promotes fuller and harder muscles and explosive muscle pumps.
- Ready-to-take pill form.
- Promotes muscle recovery and reduces muscle fatigue.
- Reduces acid levels in the muscles.
- Triggers vasodilation to increase blood flow in the body.
- Not for persons under 18 years old, pregnant, and lactating women.
- Not for those who are using blood thinners.
What to Remember Before Using a Stimulant-Free Pre-Workout Supplements
Usually, these best pre-workout supplements are intended for healthy individuals above 18 years old.
This means that pregnant women, lactating women, and those with other medical health conditions must avoid these products.
Also, all supplements, including these caffeine-free pre-workouts, are not approved by the FDA.
So, always speak to your medical provider before using these products.
Lastly, some people may experience unwanted side effects. These may be due to allergic reactions.
This means that if someone finds the product fit for them, that does not mean the product fits for you as well.
How to Choose the Best Low-Caffeine Pre-Workout Supplement
Before buying pre-workouts or any other products, many factors should be considered. These are important to ensure the safety, efficacy, and worthiness of the low-caffeine or non-caffeine supplements.
Before anything else, the safety of the product must be known.
Do you have any allergies to each of the ingredients in the supplement you wish to use in your fitness routine?
Sometimes, the reviews of the other consumers would also be helpful.
These reviews will give you additional information about the side effects the product could cause.
When we talk about quality, we talk about formulation. Are the ingredients and doses worth the price?
Is the company that manufactured the product reputable? Does the product contain both non-essential and essential amino acids?
However, do not just base on how long the company has been in the health and wellness industry.
Sometimes, new companies can already provide quality products.
3) Caffeine Content
Always remember that each of us has a different caffeine intake threshold.
If you are allergic to caffeine, always go for non-caffeine ones.
On the other hand, if you can tolerate caffeine content, it is fine to consider the low-caffeine ones.
4) Money-Back Guarantee
This factor is important not just in supplements but in all products in the market.
This will assure you that your money will not go to waste.
A company that offers a money-back guarantee is confident that its products are effective.
Thus, trying their products will surely be worth it.
Indeed, non-caffeine pre-workout products are great energy boosters before exercising. They offer many health benefits to your physical, bone, and mental health.
Many caffeine-free pre-workout products offer different flavors.
But, always choose the most natural ones. Some contain artificial flavors while others contain natural flavors.
Some supplements come in powder form while others come in oral pills.
Any of these are great but always choose the most convenient for you – the one where you know you will not miss a dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which is better between caffeine-free and low-caffeine pre-workout supplements?
The only basis when comparing which is better between caffeine-free and low-caffeine pre-workout supplements is your caffeine threshold. If you are allergic to high-dose caffeine, it is better to take the non-caffeine one. If you can tolerate small amounts of caffeine, choosing low caffeine pre-workouts is also preferred.
Do caffeine-free pre-workout products come with side effects?
Most non-caffeine and low-caffeine pre-workout supplements come with no side effects. But if side effects occur, these will only include mild gastrointestinal upset and sometimes, headaches.
Do caffeine-free pre-workout products affect sleep?
Overall, caffeine-free pre-workout products affect your sleep positively. These products can enhance your sleep especially, after exercising. Although they increase your energy, they do not affect your sleep patterns.